Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad  (Read 86266 times)

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S COMING! - Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad
« Reply #585 on: 31-08-2011, 19:08:00 »
After some more playing:

Apart from the servers crashes, there a few other things ive noticed:

The collision with objects is annoying as hell, you hear someone and you try and turn round while prone next to a wall you vission keeps snapping back, and ofc you get killed.
I was actually kind of excited, when I first saw that you couldn't turn around in a trench, when prone. Its something we have all gotten used to since bf1942, but is something very silly if you think about it: spinning on your stomach with your feet flying through walls.
So it seems like the crouched position has gotten advantages over the prone position. I support this in theory, will have to test it in practice to see if they have made it feel natural. I don't doubt it will take some time getting used to.
The third map (the airbase, with the tanks-only TE mode) is a bit of a pisstake, because if you get put in the hull MG you've pretty much been shafted. And being stuck with only the MG sights it gets pretty annoying aswell.
That's dissapointing. IMO tanks shouldn't have more than 2 people in them, for the sake of gameplay. I mean the possibility of doing it should definitely available, but players shouldn't be forced to be in a tank with 2 other people. I take it that particcular map doesn't have any roles for infantry?

Offline 9.Pz Benz

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 31-08-2011, 21:08:01 »
While playing the tankmap use option "dont allow human players in your tank" and of you go a tank all by yourself with decent AI crew to boss around and you can take their place in the tank with 123 etc buttons.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 31-08-2011, 22:08:25 »
While playing the tankmap use option "dont allow human players in your tank" and of you go a tank all by yourself with decent AI crew to boss around and you can take their place in the tank with 123 etc buttons.
And it means other guys are still waiting in the spawn for another 10 minutes before they wise up and disconnect.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 31-08-2011, 22:08:49 »
And it means other guys are still waiting in the spawn for another 10 minutes before they wise up and disconnect.

You mean they don't have enough tnaks for all players on a tnak only map? Now that is just stupidity.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 31-08-2011, 22:08:19 »
you have a limit in crewman IIRC, so if there are no tanks avalible you cant use tanks

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 31-08-2011, 22:08:51 »
Yeah but that doesn't make much sense on a tnak only map.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 31-08-2011, 22:08:45 »
I played almost 10 hours today. Atleast I´m not getting a wellfare check so I don´t have to feel guilty about being unemployed and spending the whole day playing video games. :D
One thing I noticed, that was a bit annoying is the SL spawn. It often happened to me that I spawned in the line of sight of multiple enemies, which resulted in a quick death. TWI should maybe rework the system because not only does it hamper squad cohesion, it´s also pretty frustrating.
On the bright side, I´ve enjoyed Fallen Heroes alot, especially in Territory Mode and being armed with the PTRS. It´s just a great tool to blast enemies who try to hide behind cover into pieces!
The bullet penetration works really well, too. I often found myself shooting from cover, just to have multiple rounds penetrating it and either killing me or forcing me back. It´s a really important tool and it makes especially machine guns so usefull.
Another usefull feature is the "magazine check". By holding "r" the character removes the magazine and "checks" how many rounds you have left (full, almost full, half empty etc.). No more guessing, especially with the larger mags.
There also seems to be a patch on it´s way, most likely with a server browser fix. Way to go TWI!
« Last Edit: 31-08-2011, 22:08:45 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 31-08-2011, 23:08:50 »
Gentlemen.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577807044885309986/9BADE14C9AEAFBC9CFE2C421D6718BF5D9253733/

Shame the UI is so broken at the moment as the core gameplay is so much more refined than RO1. Hopefully some more interesting maps in the full version but I am enjoying the beta a lot.

Countdown is so fun!

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 01-09-2011, 00:09:16 »
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596947343301263442/0DF9E1A246E59D8FF95E04770BD7B2821A07B533

Yeah but that doesn't make much sense on a tnak only map.

But unlimited tank commanders -> everyone can get a tank and controll it and you can decide, if other players spawn in your tank -> crewmembers

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 01-09-2011, 02:09:45 »
My specs are...
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600
2.4Ghz, 3.00 GB ram
Nvidia Gforce 7600GT
Think I can run it?
With a better graphic card you could run it at medium with some low and like 1 high setting. I got a 9800GT and 2 GB ram (wich is less than you) and I can run it like this.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 01-09-2011, 03:09:48 »
PATCH IS OUT! RESTART YOUR STEAM! PATCH IS OUT!

~700mb  ;)

EDIT : Sorry it's not ~700mb, it's just Steam messing up the size like always lol.
« Last Edit: 01-09-2011, 03:09:41 by LHeureux »
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 01-09-2011, 03:09:15 »
4 hours later.

Still cant get my head around tank combat, but the infantry side of things is pure sex. Watching a guy run up and smack a tank with an AT satchel on fallen fighters is a good laugh. Static MGs are quite good aswell.

Time to find out who has had the longest kill (that they can remember):

Mine so far is 159m with a Mosin-Nagant.

Die_Happy had 217m with a DP-28.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Filo90

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 01-09-2011, 04:09:57 »
some pics to show that RO2 doesn't lack about beauty:

look at the bullet wound (left), there enter and exit wounds in the game  :o :

not a family game  ;D :

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 01-09-2011, 11:09:22 »
I don't think that the game we all love to play has to hide behind RO2. :)

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 01-09-2011, 14:09:52 »

In case you dont know Forgotten Honor has a public server running.

Name - [Forgotten Honor]Public Server 64P - forgottenhonor.com
IP Address - 46.4.98.79:7777
Slots - 64

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/46.4.98.79:7777/