Author Topic: [WIP] Battle of Aachen  (Read 22745 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Battle of Aachen
« Reply #15 on: 30-09-2009, 06:09:43 »
Oh thanks alot azreal ^^

Ok i will give you some info about Flags. Picture of, err, minimap is coming soon.

26th Infantry Division (Allied) WIP.

x3 M4A1 Mid (US)
M10
Sherman 76
M8 Greyhound
M1A5 Stuart
M1A5 Stuart Recon
M1A5 Halftrack
81mm Mortar

Pillboxes (Axis)

Marder I
x3 MG42
PaK40 (static)
First Defensive Line, fortification Level from 1 to 10 - 7

Eastern Pillboxes (I rarely work on this flag, but now it has...)

x2 MG42
PzIV H (Static, Trapped)
Fortification Level 6

88 Hill

x2 Flak 18
x2 MG42
Fortification Level 4

Village

Stuka Zu Fuss
x2 MG42
Fortification Level (If you count Houses as fortifications :P), 6

Mortar Position

x2 MG42
x2 SGWR34
PaK40
Fortification Level 3

Schwere Panzer Abteilung 101

x2 Tiger Late
Tiger II 1945 Spring
x3 Opel Blitz
x2 Sdfkz 251D

Aachen Outskirts

Nebelwerfer
Unknown Number of Flak 18
Flak 38
Panzer IV Ausf H
x2 Panther Ausf G
x? PaK 40
5cm KwK
Unknown Number of Mg42s and MG34s
More..

Fortification Level 10

Personally, taking Aachen Outskirts and Aachen will be damn harder, key buildings has been converted into Castles, like Corner buildings. One of them has a MG42 Lafette on a broken window, and Sanbags on every window, so protection will be enough to delay, or repell, a yankee attack :P

Well i dunno about the KwK 5cm Gun, i doubt it was used in Aachen but man, that gun is soo leet.

Now a hard part is coming, adding Farms. IMO its boring and repetive. So yeah, im going to do that.

I also found a better way to make cities, Especially streets. Painiting a bunch of terrain with tarmac and them setting objects, hosues etc, doesnt look good. Normal Roads looks far better.. so now it has a better approach.

Also a general question, is there any way to put the StG44 as Assault? i havent found a way yet.. and when i lick on Level Settings, and click on OK, a error window appears telling me "Empty Values are not Allowed".. but damn, i can change them on Init.con. If you know a way to set the StG44 as assault, whit the knife, grenades, bandage and the STG tell me. Thanks.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30-09-2009, 09:09:45 »
I would like to know what maps you are using for your layout of Aachen and it's surroundings.
Aachen is a very hilly with the main part of the city lying in a ditch between higher land to the east and north-east, as well as hills in the north, north-west and south-west.

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30-09-2009, 17:09:01 »
its nice that you know which vehicles you want. but really, you should make some thoughts about the gameplay and flaglayout before you start with a map.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30-09-2009, 21:09:55 »
I Understand N24, there will be elevations in the north of the City, or what is reprensented of it.

The North-West area is flat, i havent workedon it yet but there will be hills, or elevations.

And Toddel, yeah i disscused theGameplay and Flag Layout with myself, still needs some tweaking but hell, it can be done quickly. Designing flags is not easy, its damn complicated. You never expect them to work as you wished, theres a problem, always.

Just let me know what would you like to see on the flags, like, craters, a couple of trees, bushes, etc.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30-09-2009, 21:09:45 »
google search for "Aachen Landschaft" or "Aachen Zweiter Weltkrieg" you might find more pics that way.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-10-2009, 08:10:31 »
Thanks Ts, thats handy :D

This is, what i call, the Minimap. Shows enough, flags. Real minimap will come when i get Photoshop CS3.

Any Suggestion, questions, feel free to ask/suggest.

Now this is one of the Strongpoints in Aachen. My plan is to make the city, nearly as big as Cagny on Goodwood, with a few strongpoints, now i have one, and its the Church. With some key buildings outside, with MG42s and lot of cover. This will not be a easy one. Now i mthiking about tickets. Taking one of these, if defended, may take a while and a high ammount of tickets for Allies. I think the allies will have a superiority on tickets but at the same time, trying to maintain the Balance.

And yes, i love posing tanks and stuff :P

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #21 on: 05-10-2009, 16:10:00 »
I suggest to post finished work  :P  I mean, it doesn't have to be finished the map, but what are you showing it should be advanced, specially if you say here the minimap and you see everything grey   ::)

the defense statics don't make much sense here. The sandboxes are pointing to the entrance when everyone could jump the fence and attack from any direction. A bit of barbed wire would make it better. I suggest to place the defenses outside the fence, and if you want to have it inside then add wire, trenches and sandbags around the church instead of pointing the fence entrance  ;)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-10-2009, 19:10:04 »
Your country side looks so flat atm. Perhaps you could try to give it some ditches, hills and other nice things.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #23 on: 05-10-2009, 20:10:12 »
I almost forgot how much I loved the autumn camo scheme for the Tiger Ausf. B  :D
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06-10-2009, 06:10:52 »
Sanmadine. Yeah, i tought a bit about that. I dont know if you can jump those Walls, adding Wire is what is left now. Then the thousand of statics it needs :P, maybe "moved" terrain, with dirt instead of all grass.

N24. Well if i remember correctly, you said the City has a big elevation? well it will be there then. I will finish the City first and then take care of the country side, farms, hills and that stuff.

Fuchs. Theres nothing better than pwnin shermans behind that camo :P

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #25 on: 06-10-2009, 16:10:39 »
Sanmadine. Yeah, i tought a bit about that. I dont know if you can jump those Walls, adding Wire is what is left now. Then the thousand of statics it needs Tongue, maybe "moved" terrain, with dirt instead of all grass.

it's not about if you can jump it in game, but reality... I would be able to jump over that fence.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #26 on: 06-10-2009, 18:10:58 »
And you can always let them sink in the ground so only the poles are visible. Then the fence fills in his visiual duty but you can also leap over them.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-10-2009, 21:10:43 »
If you want i can make a custom Stg44 kit for the assault, which you can place in your map folder.  ;)
or you could take a look at Tunis and figure it out.
BTW i only just found out how to do this.  ;D
MY SIGNATUR WAS OVERSIZED!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-10-2009, 06:10:12 »
A custom spawner for StG44 Assault? that would be epic man!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07-10-2009, 08:10:38 »
SO yeah sorry for double post. But.

Now problems appeared for the first time in this map, crashed. I updated it with some Statics around Church, added some Elevations in the Aachen area, added a Puma, a Nebelweferfer and pak40 wp static, and well, it crashed.

Well it says the problem is on Colormaps but, i had a crash on loading a few weeks ago, but i was playing with the Editor, closed it, crashed again, then rebooted game and worked.

Im a noob when im trying to fix this errors, i call you azreal :3