Author Topic: Warsaw Uprising 1944  (Read 33456 times)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Re: Warsaw Uprising 1944
« Reply #15 on: 09-04-2012, 13:04:06 »
Every single weapon out there was used during Warsaw Uprising
you can add to that list:

-Thompson M1928A1
-No 82. Gammon bombs
-wz.35 VIS pistol
-Nagant Revolver
-various Polish Army weapons hidden in 1939 (wz.1928 Browning, wz.98 rifles)
-R-42 and ET-40 grenades
-wz.30 Browning
-Bren LMG

So, yeah, anything will fit.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline TuscanGangster

• S.P.Q.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-04-2012, 15:04:42 »
I'd say you shouldn't put kits around... it would be much better to be able to pick enough good guns since the start since if not you would have lots of problems whenever the map is navmeshed by someone.
However great looking map so far, but as tits say... are you creating another little faction? (Would be much better than playing around with USA flags).

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-04-2012, 20:04:33 »
Sn00x, Well, yeah, i just consider those, one tanks on each side still works well with infantry maps i think, like Berlin maps in FH1, both had 1 or 2 tanks. Zielona Gora had ACPs and German mobile altilery (Think it was Wespe?) aswell. What i am acually considering is to have tanks in only first part of the map, the rest will be impossible to pass through with tanks anyways... But yeah, dunno, otherwise i will keep the 1 or 2 tanks idea for future maps :)

Thanks for the weapon tips, and indeed, now i see the camuflaged jackets on the photos... i guess its lack of colour ;P had to look closer too see it  8)

PvtGuerrucci, what do you mean with navmesh? Could you explain further? ;)
And about faction, yes, if nobody will want to help me with textures / models, i will focus on the most important textures in my opinion, that is, Polish Flag, Helmets with Polish colours, i just have to work out how, if anyone could write mini-guide on how to just edit avalible textures it would save me many hours.

Eitherway, i start working on terrain, gonna try to make that look better, brb ;)

Offline TuscanGangster

• S.P.Q.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-04-2012, 21:04:59 »
PvtGuerrucci, what do you mean with navmesh? Could you explain further? ;)
Bot support. ;)
Good luck with the project, sad that I can't be much of help.
« Last Edit: 09-04-2012, 21:04:44 by PvtGuerrucci »

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-04-2012, 09:04:42 »
How is it coming along?

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11-04-2012, 13:04:54 »
The terrain textures are pretty much finished (just some final touches), but i run into weird problem ;P Cant complie light samples any more (getting stuck at 15% while loading the map, but i am working on that now, hopefully i will solve this). Second problem is... I dont really understand, but there is a line going through middle of my map, it looks like one side of the map is lighter then the second and so it looks like a line, i have no idea how this happend and how to remove it, any ideas!? :) (Edit; Damn, i noticed this line was there before i begon with textures aswell, i just noticed it now)

And, another problem is, when i made ground textures 2 days ago and went ingame, the textures appeared in multicolor, a mix of all kinds of colours (didint look like that in Editor) like in a disco or something :D Any idea what causes it?
« Last Edit: 11-04-2012, 13:04:52 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11-04-2012, 13:04:15 »
How about

1. Scout (limited)
K98, binocs, 1-2 smines

2. Rifleman (unlimited)
K98, knife

3. Grenadier (unlimited)
walther p38, knife, 1-2 stick grenades

4. CQ (limited)
sten mk2, knife

5 Engineer (limited)
K98, knife, 1-2 satchels

6 AT (limited)
Panzefaust 30, colt 1911, knife

7 SL
MP40/ K98, pistol, knife, smoke, binocs

8 Support (limited)
Bar1918, knife

Don't really know the size or layout of the map, but from screens it looks open enough to allow for grenades. Also, unless they used british or american rifles, you're stuck with k98 since Mosin Nagant isnt available to the public. If you're pro maybe you could import some from FH1..
Piat, Thompson mg34 etc could be pickups.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11-04-2012, 14:04:51 »
A pistol + nades might be good idea indeed :) I think there are molotovs in game? or? And importing... If i would manage that i could possible get all Polish weapons aswell, would be useful addition to the overall mix, good idea! :)

But... I need some help... I just cant figure out what is wrong with this lightsampling. I cannot generate light samples for objects, it just says:

[LightmapGeneration] : Error loading lightsampling file: objects/staticobjects/france/ramelle/ramelle_church/Meshes/ramelle_church.samp_03
[LightmapGeneration] : Error creating lightsampling!

I am stuck, i reinstalled BF2editor, nothing... Any ideas?!
« Last Edit: 11-04-2012, 14:04:29 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-04-2012, 14:04:45 »
You could try to check if the file exists. If it doesn't, try to find it from the FH2 lightmap samples zip file.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11-04-2012, 15:04:51 »
Goddamit, i knew it was something child simple ;P Apparently i had this FH2 Object lightmapsamples (or whatever its called) installed in wrong place (?)  ;D However, makes me wonder how i managed to complie lights so far heh, i guess that will remain mystery ::)

Eitherway, compling now full speed, thanks  8)

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-04-2012, 17:04:51 »
Maybe i didint even complie it, i just through i did before, well, either way, i got it done :) Took around 1 hour, not bad for a first map i guess.

Now since i got that done, i dont wont to mess around too much about it, and i got a problem (yeah, another one) the objects appear very dark, at places all black even, any idea how to lighten them up without any bigger changes?  ;)

And more about the granades/molotovs, the more i think about it Psykfallet the more i like the idea with nades + pistol only as one kit, i am also thinking that maybe something in this direction: Limited ammo on kit weapons (but still rifles and such), like 2 mags each weapon, + pickable kits around the place + a resonable amount of ammunition for pistols (which then would be on all kits), could this work you think?  8) I mean, if you look on all those photos, there are so many pistols... Ah, and maybe one medic kit aswell.

Could anyone please share LightmapSettings (ObjectMode) settings with me? Some how i cannot open the FH maps to check myself.

[EDIT] Another problem, i get stuck at 15% while loading the map... Following the crash help thread

• Patch incompatibilities The patch broke or removed one of your statics
• No serverarchives path in tmp. Only important when using a object_server.zip for custom equipment/statics.
• Broken terrain.raw
• One of the items in your object_server.zip is duplicated in the minimod or main game. IE An m10 Early which is in the mod is also bundled in minimod with an identical name will cause a conflict.

Any ideas? I have not patched game and no custom objects are added yet, Terrain or object_server.zip?  :-\ Wow, nothing goes smooth today!

[FIX] Finally... After few hours i was just about to give up and then, on the last "try and see" it worked out :)

This might be useful for others (maybe even put into the Crash thread? dunno), so, the loading stopped at 15%, then i removed Overgrowth folder in my map and tried again, and it worked. Problem was i had no Overgrowth atlas complied (and i have no overgrowth so, overgrowth folder was unnessecery anyways)

[EDIT 2] Still two problems remain that i stated above through, at least now i can make screens, maybe someone will see what is wrong!

First one: Check colours on this screen. There is yellow, purple, pink, red, green, blue... I mean, its good with diffrent colours, but this is way too much, it looks like a disco. Any idea how you reduce the colours or at least any idea what makes those colours?

Second one: There is a line in middle of the map, it can be seen on this screen. Its an older screen before i made ground textures, and it is still there... Annoying line, any ideas?  8)
« Last Edit: 11-04-2012, 22:04:22 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11-04-2012, 22:04:55 »
Well instead of Faust you could have 2x Petrol bomb + colt1911 kit from ramelle. Btw keep in mind it would be much easier if you choose kits after what class selection icons already exist or you have to make your own I guess.

Regarding crash, try using the debugger to see exact error.

create a .bat file with following info

cd (whatever your complete Battlefield2 path is such as C:\Battlefield2 and without parentheses)
"bf2_r.exe" +multi 1 +fullscreen 0 +restart +modPath "mods/fh2" +ignoreAsserts 1

you also have to delete everything in staticobjects.con so do a back up and do that. I guess if the map loads without any problems then it would point to it be a static that's a problem.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-04-2012, 22:04:30 »
Hah, thanks, just got it to work  8) Still two problems, maybe you know something about those?  ;)

I wonder one thing about the kits, is it possible to just switch few textures without creating whole new kits and faction? Like, if i take Americans and just give them German kits with specially made Helmet textures for the map, and special texture only for this map that will replace American flag... Would this work? ;P I am considering my options, what will be easiest... No idea how complicated is importing FH1 models.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12-04-2012, 08:04:16 »
Main thing to remember is there were lots of Polish Army troops in the uprising too.  Some even went out in full 1939 uniforms they kept for just such an occasion, but many wore army tunics or the field version of the Rogatywka (the four corner cap).  So you'd want a mix of both that and civilian dress, PLUS the german camo smocks and helmets (both with polish arm bands and head bands) and German M43's with a small polish flag pennent sewn on the side.   The Poles were VERY keen on identifying themselves not as partisans, but as an army, the only resistance group to actually follow the rules of war on resistant groups at the time (IE, identifying one's self as an enemy combatant, taking prisoners, chain of command, etc).  Because of this, the German army actually treated the combatants as POW's, and they were sent to regular POW camps after the uprising.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-04-2012, 22:04:43 »
I gonna do a video to keep the intrest up :) Very soon the map will be in an "Ok" state to show it in detail :)

About the POW, VonMudra, Germans didint very much care for any rules, the only POW situation i know is at the end, where Polish side understood Stalins intentions aswell as becouse of their critical situation, and it worked well for Germans. Exept that, most of the Polish uprising soldiers were executed, even if they surrandered in larger groups. Germans even bombarded Polish field hospitals despite beign well marked (they killed many of their own that way, as German POWs were often there together with partizants). Read Schenks testimony on first page of this thread if you are intrested.