Author Topic: Epic Sound Pack Addon 2.45  (Read 17449 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Sound Pack Addon
« Reply #15 on: 27-05-2011, 14:05:49 »
I gotta agree there. Couldn't place a finger on it. It certainly sounds solid, but the sound of the thompson sounds even faster than the mg42

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27-05-2011, 15:05:29 »
I really like the ambiant sound, I feel more like we really ear some battles from a far distance. I also like tank guns, and most SMG's. The only ones who I dislikes are the browning M2, browning M1919 and MG42. I have the impression that it sounds wierd to me, particuliary the M1919, even if it looks quite close to reality.

Appreciate the effort you made HYDR4.

I agree with evhgear on this.
I liked most of the other sounds, but not so much that I will replace the current FH2 ones.
Also the mobile AA gun sounded are not according to my expectations.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27-05-2011, 15:05:47 »
I watched video now, I must say the sounds are great and all, but some things you need to work on,

- Weapons sounds sounds too modern. I don't know which sources you used, but I don't hear FH2 in this, I hear some modern shooter from most of the automatic weapons. I think you're loop points are too compressed, causing the auto fire to sound synthetic.

- Tank sounds are clipping horribly. Yes, we do have very distorted sounds already in the mod, almost all cannons and explosions are clipping. This is currently being worked on. I suggest you lower their volume as those distorts are just pain for the ears.

- I do like your overwall frequency balance in the sounds, you capture the low and the high quite well. I don't know if this is the original source, or if you have post-effected the sounds as well.

overall some nice sounds in there  8)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27-05-2011, 16:05:51 »
Ambience sounds with fake battle sounds built-in is just so 2000's  8)

Better than total silence ;D.

Distant sounds sound awesome. Some gun sounds sound really FH1 though like the 20mm and MG42.

« Last Edit: 27-05-2011, 16:05:41 by Paavopesusieni »

Offline HYDR4

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27-05-2011, 17:05:43 »
Hi! Thanks for everybody feedbacks!

So many sounds from the classic movies etc. Saving Ryan Band of Brothers. I would like replace all machinegun sounds , but i cant replace some weapons sounds becouse few sound dont agree the "long loop" effect , except m1919 (from Ryan) , MG42 , Vickers and ..... I have many full realistic weapon sample "loop" , but i cant change because of technical issue :( :(

If , the developers change the source , i replaced all full auto machine gun sounds.  ;)

(The distant battle NO FAKE)  :D

Best Regards

HYDR4

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27-05-2011, 17:05:06 »
I didn't really like what you did with the Thompson and the MP40, they sounded a bit weird in my opinion. The flak20 also sounded a bit generic.

I also spotted some familiar sounds there: MG42 had the same sound in Close Combat and the flak20 sound was a default autocannon firing sound in Steel Panthers. That's probably why it sounded so generic to me.

I did like the distant sounds and passing bullets though.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline HYDR4

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27-05-2011, 17:05:32 »
"Sounds" good!  :D
Is this for Singleplayer or will it work for Multilplay too?  :)

Hi! 100% working during Online game.

Have a nice day!

HYDR4

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27-05-2011, 18:05:53 »
I didn't really like what you did with the Thompson and the MP40, they sounded a bit weird in my opinion.
I know that this is an individual matter and I agree with Thompson sound but in my opinion it's the best MP40 sound ever.

and btw, isn't MP40 in game shooting to fast?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQo9yZT_m8w&feature=related

Offline HYDR4

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27-05-2011, 18:05:30 »
I didn't really like what you did with the Thompson and the MP40, they sounded a bit weird in my opinion.
I know that this is an individual matter and I agree with Thompson sound but in my opinion it's the best MP40 sound ever.

and btw, isn't MP40 in game shooting to fast?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQo9yZT_m8w&feature=related

Some mp40's are slower rate of fire , maybe "other bullets" , dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2OjPsg7ydY

:)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27-05-2011, 18:05:43 »
If , the developers change the source , i replaced all full auto machine gun sounds.  ;)

that's not going to happen. We aren't adding Saving Ryan and BoB sounds to our mod (we would have done that if we wanted it) but it's still a fun video to watch  :)
Now we know your sources too, thanks :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27-05-2011, 18:05:23 »
Erm, Natty....?

Hi! Thanks for everybody feedbacks!

So many sounds from the classic movies etc. Saving Ryan Band of Brothers. I would like replace all machinegun sounds , but i cant replace some weapons sounds becouse few sound dont agree the "long loop" effect , except m1919 (from Ryan) , MG42 , Vickers and ..... I have many full realistic weapon sample "loop" , but i cant change because of technical issue :( :(

If , the developers change the source , i replaced all full auto machine gun sounds.  ;)

(The distant battle NO FAKE)  :D

Best Regards

HYDR4

I think its at least worth the look - FH2 has the most solid gameplay and look of any BF2 mod. Wont it be worth a peek if just scouting his 'realistic' sounds might make the game move up to a new level of COOL?

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-05-2011, 19:05:03 »
I watched video now, I must say the sounds are great and all, but some things you need to work on,

- Weapons sounds sounds too modern. I don't know which sources you used, but I don't hear FH2 in this, I hear some modern shooter from most of the automatic weapons. I think you're loop points are too compressed, causing the auto fire to sound synthetic.

- Tank sounds are clipping horribly. Yes, we do have very distorted sounds already in the mod, almost all cannons and explosions are clipping. This is currently being worked on. I suggest you lower their volume as those distorts are just pain for the ears.

- I do like your overwall frequency balance in the sounds, you capture the low and the high quite well. I don't know if this is the original source, or if you have post-effected the sounds as well.

overall some nice sounds in there  8)

Finally a good reply.

Well done.   ;)

Offline HYDR4

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27-05-2011, 20:05:47 »
I added the file to the first comment. Please leave feedback thx.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27-05-2011, 22:05:47 »
Well, I tried it...

My simple response... Its... bad

Now, again, I reiterate, there is a reason to get audio from non-overused sound sources, especially other than movies and games,

Worse though, and I think Natty said this, the sounds do not marry well at ALL!

Its terrible cacophony. FH2 can get like that in infantry only maps with semi-automatic weapons and LMGs such as Purple heart lane, so i tried this one there - it was worse

Your distant sounds dont give the impression of distant combat, nor do your close range sounds have the correct volume. the k98 is 1/5th that of the orginal. The m1 garand is like Medal of Honor allied assaults from 2001/ 2002 - it was interesting to realize though, that it did feel easier to handle - I suppose that explains why it did also in FH1....

The mg, mp40 and thompsons are terrible and the mg isn't well synced with its speed of fire.

I didn't get to try heavy mgs, since those really sang in the video... I think I will, but other than that, it was quite laughable to be honest....

Tough love, okay, tough love.

First off, you need to replace ALOT of those sounds. Take a look at PR and hear how that sounds. If you want to improve anything, it needs to be moving towards that degree of grittiness - Not in the other direction

Explosions are awful, they sound too loud for the type of explosion, and the big ones sound like a wall got hit - I appreciate the whizzes, but most aren't even apprioporate for the type of effect eg. what directly replaced the whip sound. And many also sound too Hollywood.

After you find more apprioporate sounds, rebalance them. Rifles would sound sharper than tank cannons, even if they aren't as loud - NOT drastically quieter. For each addition, play it out in your head to see how it will marry when in heated combat, with other guns and sounds

You might also wanto to listen to a FHSW video which showcases the sound and get a sense of the distant sound for explosions as well as whizzes, especially for the Brummbae

The American repair kit rifle... forget its name, is actually laughable.

And take this one thing from all this, a sniper rifle is a basic rifle, just with a scope, so it wont sound THAT epic compared to everything else.

Now I know I have been a bit mean with my comments, but I am right behind you. It wont completely replace Fh2 sound for me, but its nice to have a hard-core realism variant - But you need to know, FH2 has terrific sound for ALOT of its things, and it goes very well with its slightly above average realism, so you have your work cut out for you if you want to get approval for your pack

But I think, if you go more realism, you'd really get my nod of approval

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27-05-2011, 23:05:04 »
im stuck at work. can someone tell me if tank engine sounds have been played with?  jeep, halftrack/truck sounds?
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End