Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2: State of the Game  (Read 28851 times)

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2: State of the Game
« Reply #15 on: 01-11-2017, 03:11:03 »
IMO, one shouldn't concern themselves with K/D, not for themselves or others.  It places limits on this great sandbox game.  As a high ping player, I never try to out shoot people.  I always concentrated on sneaking into flag zones when I first started playing.  That wins rounds and is very satisfying.  I also like to hunt tanks with satchels or man the same AT gun for 30 mins, constantly repairing it.  People should think about what they are contributing to the team goals.  In a way I feel bad for the aces, rifle, plane, etc.  There are much better games for their specialized skills.  This game is great for people who are mediocre at everything.

Though there are cheaters who come and go, it is the campers who really kill the game for everyone.  This is more of a problem on stock maps rather than the custom ones despite what is said above.  The push code limits the routes and options and is the perfect set up for someone who has played for years sit in the right spot and rack up kills.  Any camping problems on custom maps can be fixed in a few months if reported correctly.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-11-2017, 17:11:50 »
-
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:58 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-11-2017, 09:11:46 »
Reading on here I saw how you can play as Germany (a dream & rarity)

I don't understand how that's a rarity. 98% of all WW2 games that have a multiplayer gamemode, allow you to do that. On RTS games you can even play as Germany in singleplayer. Only obnoxious and edgy children who haven't really played any WW2 themed games seem to love the fact that you can play as Germany in a WW2 game. ::)

Regarding the other thing, where people end up with "ridiculous" scores of 60:4. That doesn't seem far fetched, especially on lowly populated servers, where rounds last longer. You can also get such scores on a 100 player server when you use artillery.

Anyone know good places to acquire BF2 and the patches nowadays?

Only "legitimate" copies of BF2 or are links to unauthorized copies of the base BF2 game good too?
The patches are easy to find. You just need two on top of the base game.

Links to patches

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-11-2017, 18:11:55 »
EA shut down Battlefield Revive. No downloads from there anymore. You can remove it from Getting BF2 nowadays.

https://community.revive.network

Will they look at PRthing after?
« Last Edit: 03-11-2017, 19:11:15 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-11-2017, 22:11:09 »
-
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:12 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04-11-2017, 18:11:00 »
Again, it is all about quality.  I've recently had small server games where I died once, if at all, while racking up kills, while tank hunting or MG gunning or such.  But then I've been playing FH since it was FH .6 on BF1942.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04-11-2017, 19:11:56 »
It's actually easier to rack silly K/D ratios on low pop server imho. You can keep count of all enemy players and their possible movements, probable squad leaders and spawn waves. Lower risk of getting surprised by someone or something you didn't expect. Also lower risk of getting completely overwhelmed by enemies. Small maps also being more action oriented so no time wasted traveling between flags.

This ofcourse still requires player to be much better than anyone else on the server, but nothing inhuman.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06-11-2017, 09:11:50 »

I was referencing FPS SP.

Sure you were. That's why you were talking about Forgotten Hope 2. A classic "singleplayer game". Here again, to refresh your memory what you said:

I discovered FH2 in Sept. ... I was researching my top favorite gun: Volkssturmgewehr Gustloff on imfdb.org. Saw FH2, the only FPS w/the VG1-5 & VK-98 both! Looked up videos & saw how realistic they were. Reading on here I saw how you can play as Germany (a dream & rarity)

If, according to your own words, FH2 counts as a singleplayer game and it fulfilled your dream of playing as the Germans, then other games should have fulfilled your dream too. Games like BF 1942 would count as a singleplayer game according to your logic, because it also has bots.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-11-2017, 06:11:30 »
EA shut down Battlefield Revive. No downloads from there anymore. You can remove it from Getting BF2 nowadays.

https://community.revive.network

Will they look at PRthing after?

Ahahah, I didn't know that! It's incredible! On the other hand, I wouldn't blame EA, I would blame the lazy developers that gave in. The same was about Nostalrius in WoW - no private server cared about C&D letters, yet they did and shut themselves down.

I do hope that 762 aren't this defeatist. FH2 has been around for a decade. Betraying it now would be quite disgusting.

Inb4 EA try to shut down Pixel-Fighter because they reach 25 players online xD
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25-11-2017, 15:11:53 »

I was referencing FPS SP.

Sure you were. That's why you were talking about Forgotten Hope 2. A classic "singleplayer game". Here again, to refresh your memory what you said:

I discovered FH2 in Sept. ... I was researching my top favorite gun: Volkssturmgewehr Gustloff on imfdb.org. Saw FH2, the only FPS w/the VG1-5 & VK-98 both! Looked up videos & saw how realistic they were. Reading on here I saw how you can play as Germany (a dream & rarity)

If, according to your own words, FH2 counts as a singleplayer game and it fulfilled your dream of playing as the Germans, then other games should have fulfilled your dream too. Games like BF 1942 would count as a singleplayer game according to your logic, because it also has bots.

Let me refresh YOUR memory. I never ever once said FH2 is the ONLY SP FPS with German play. I said it's a rarity. You named one game. 

You know people like you are the reason I see the FH2 community catching so much shit on other boards. You refuse to accept the fact that you're wrong, you made a mistake, grow up and deal with it instead of acting like a pretentious little child.

Offline Ekiso

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-11-2017, 14:11:12 »

Revive Project has been shut down so if someone wants to get the game (without torrenting it) it is available on www.bf2rangers.com with all the patches (I can't confirm if it works with FH2 but is should)

Offline Great Khan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-12-2017, 17:12:48 »
I don't know if it even works but can't people just torrent BF2 these days to get it?

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21-12-2017, 19:12:22 »

Revive Project has been shut down so if someone wants to get the game (without torrenting it) it is available on www.bf2rangers.com with all the patches (I can't confirm if it works with FH2 but is should)

Thanks so much for the info. Just replaced the HD in my laptop and had to reinstall everything.

Is there anyway FH2 could host a complete installer with everything you need to play FH2?

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-01-2018, 18:01:05 »
Battlefield 2 HD Remaster 3.0 is also standalone.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefield-hd-remastered-3

I haven't tried installing FH2 on it, but other mods works for me.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál