Poll

vBF2 or vBF1942

Battlefield 2
15 (21.4%)
Battlefield 1942
55 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: What Was Better?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: What Was Better?
« Reply #15 on: 29-04-2009, 00:04:22 »
I voted for BF2 though I could put BF42 on the same level. Both gave me fun in different ways.

I think the poll should have an option for BFVietnam as it would be the best choice for me. Actually it was first shooter I started playing online (I bought original version of BF42 later, I was young and dumb - don't ask) but still there is nothing to compare to the feeling of flying above jungle trees in your huey with "Nowhere to Run" on full volume.

God how I loved that radio, 'Ride of the Valkyries' or 'I Fought the Law' while in a helicopter is just orgasmic. We should put one in FH2, we would be the envy of the entire modding community.

That would be SO awesome!

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-04-2009, 00:04:30 »
I mean, besides the fact that we already are the envy of the entire modding community. We rock, guys.

@Kubador: I really can't tel if you are being sarcastic about the second part of my sentence, or serious about the first.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-04-2009, 01:04:04 »
No sarcasm intended.

But I'm becomming a spammy bitch tho, making only short and insignificant posts. Time to shut op. /unrelated

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #18 on: 29-04-2009, 09:04:15 »
@Donutz, insane 6 metre jumps? Not there. Bunny hopping? Patched away, you can't fire while jumping making bunny hopping a cowardly flee only. Dolphin diving? Actually something I rarely see in Vanilla, and it's quite useless too. And I seriously think it's less arcady, your 5 minutes playtime and videos made your mind spoiled.

Not patched away, it was never posible, but people still jumps to avoid fire because the height is so insane that it really pays.

You have played in gentlemen servers, Fuchs, in standard servers vBF2 is a freaky circus
It is patched away, in 1.0/1.1 you could fire while jumping. And throwing C4 all around the map. God that was strange.
And I did always play on clan servers for some coordinated teamplay and a server with rules and admins
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline A-tree

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-04-2009, 10:04:13 »
Voted for 42, simply for the fact that I've had more fun with it than bf2. Plus all the systems I've run bf2 on it has not worked 100% as well as I would want it to.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-04-2009, 20:04:22 »
BF 2 dont stand a chance, since its modern warfare. It doesnt help that its an orgy of explosions from numerous helicopters and planes swarming over your head constantly, making it unable to do much at all, even if the handweapons dont give more damage than a paintball gun. Better graphics is good of course, but thats the only good thing about BF 2. The first time i tried it i immediately started to look for mods, while BF 1942 i played alot before checking out mods.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-04-2009, 21:04:42 »
There is a reason why BF1942 mods were played more: BF1942 sucked, it was historically incorrect, unfinished and left a lot to be desired. While BF2 certainly doesn't appeal to me, it is the more polished and better game.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-04-2009, 22:04:28 »
full of nadespamtards on karkand!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29-04-2009, 22:04:23 »
full of nadespamtards on karkand!

Yeah, good thing we didn't had nadespamers on vanila bf1942 maps such as stalingrad  ;)

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-04-2009, 15:04:46 »
Nadespamming is boring i totally agree and shouldnt be in the game, though its not completely unrealistic. Ive seen a real clip from the war where russians stand behind a mound and "spamming" handgrenades from a box pretty much like the one in bf 1942   lol  ;)

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01-05-2009, 05:05:32 »
I'd have to say bf1942. It was a classic.
sig.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #26 on: 08-05-2009, 12:05:19 »
Definatly Battlefield 1942 because it had more aspects then Battlefield 2 (for example naval combat submarines etc.). But on the other hand Battlefield 2 has the squad system and the unlock system etc.

I would like to see a combination those 2 actually with the fun an possibilities of BF 42 and with the squad and unlock system of BF 2. In a WW II setting ofcourse, but they should add an unlock system like the newest Call of duty's, with scopes and attachments.
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton