Author Topic: Arch Bishop Fjodor: Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 11741 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arch Bishop Fjodor: Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #90 on: 18-11-2011, 18:11:59 »
Good example is Pdh - sure the climbing & the general layout of the map is true to history, but I can tell you that there wasn't a huge firefight involving hundreds and hundreds of causalities on this little plateau, in reality there was a bunch of rangers just sneaking in and blowing up guns. Extremely unrealistic to have an all-out infantry battle WW1 style on Pdh, but it's simply more fun that way.
I'd disagree, the rangers at Pointe du Hoc suffered appalling casualties, 135 men out of a total of just 225. Germans losses are likely higher. Saying the rangers "snuck in" does not do justice to one of the most daring attacks in World War 2. In fact, I think you'd struggle to find a worse example than Pointe Du Hoc when it comes to comparing size and scope of the battle in Forgotten Hope to that of actual history.

That is true, however they only lost 15 guys during the initial assualt. Most of these casualties were lost during the counter attack.

Yep.  So if you want to be fair, the actual pitched battle was on the 32 player map version of PDH.

WHICH NEEDS TO BE PLAYED MORE DAMNIT |:

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 19-11-2011, 00:11:05 »
Awesome update as always. 8) Many thanks.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 21-11-2011, 20:11:42 »
In fact, I think you'd struggle to find a worse example than Pointe Du Hoc when it comes to comparing size and scope of the battle in Forgotten Hope to that of actual history.

I just picked a map. My point was: FH2 isnt WW2. Not in this sense anyway