Author Topic: A question to FH developers ...  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
Re: A question to FH developers ...
« Reply #15 on: 05-06-2009, 11:06:42 »
you can always trained yourself to create tanks for fh2.
If they are good enough, you could still donate them (or even join the team) and move FH2 nearer the early western front.
Think also that some french tank were used in normandy 1944.

The main problem with the early western front is its lack of "fashion" for a lot of players(only real ww2 players really want the early western war) because of the lack of AR, bazooka etc ...
So imo it will be done pieces by pieces. And  one day, when there will be enough pieces, the team could make a big push to finish that front. (Manpower is one of the main reason for choosing a front imo)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #16 on: 06-06-2009, 17:06:44 »
Ah you make me sad, Seth. I always enjoyed the early Blitzkrieg maps the most in FH0.7 and loved to see it in FH2 since almost no game portrays it and it was the original goal of FH1.
Ah well, maybe one day.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-06-2009, 18:06:19 »
I meant that when I would be really sure I can do something useful about it I would come back and see if there are at least a few people that are interested in implementing early war.
Because let's be honest, if it's only to be in a sandbox and "practicing" on models that will never be used it's not worth wasting my time  ;)

well our team is very small and even though we all focus on one theatre at a time, it still takes long.. we would never split up with "a few people that are interested in implementing early war" as that would kill our development.. If we decide to make a theatre, everyone works on it for 1-2 years and we do it to the fullest.. That's what I meant.... and when you have done a few tanks/models, you will soon start to see that it is never a waste of time to make things, as you learn while doing them. This is knowledge, and you will make many models that will never be used if you start modding, just never think about it as "waste of time".
The first lesson you learn as a modder is that "time" can't be in your vocabulary, if it is, and you treasure "time", modding is not for you.. That is reality.

Please give it a try!  :)

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-06-2009, 18:06:57 »
I understand your point but, after more than 3 years in the modding business (with much joy, but also much bitterness), I've developed a slightly different philosophy.

Of course practicing helps improving himself, but I'm not student anymore and when you start lacking free time, you also start trying to spend it more efficiently.  8)
« Last Edit: 06-06-2009, 19:06:56 by Strat_84 »

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06-06-2009, 23:06:24 »
and exact because this! we all work in the same direction. ;)