Author Topic: 2.45 CTD  (Read 346 times)

Offline Marquis

• View Profile
2.45 CTD
« on: 19-08-2012, 16:08:49 »
Hey guys.

I really need your help !

I cannot for the love of god join a FH2 2.45 server or start a singleplayer game. It quits to desktop every single time. Also, for some reason I cannot enter the "Audio tab", that forces a CTD too.
I am running Win7 x64, Intel E6750, 4gig RAM and a nvidia GTX 560Ti. My standard settings is everything on High, view scale 100% and AA x8.
I have tried the following.

On a "old" install with BF2 and FH2 2.40 (Installed 2.45 without removing 2.40)

• Disable UAC permanent
  • Start with admin privileges enabled
  • Start with "disable desktop coposition" enabled
  • Start with "Run in XP SP3 compatability mode" enabled

Then gave up, uninstalled BF2 and removed everything else. Although I forgot the files and directories under $USER/My Documents/BF2, can that really screw it up ?

New BF2 install, patch 1.4, patch 1.5, install FH2 2.45 (And restart after every new install / patch)

• Run with admin privileges
  • Lower resolution ingame from 1920x1200@60Hz to 1280x1024@60Hz
  • Lower resolution ingame from 1280x1024@60 to 1024x768@60Hz
  • Lower resolution ingame from 1024x768@60Hz to lowest possible, 800x600@60Hz
  • Set everything to low, disable AA and so on, and view scale to 75%
  • Start with "disable desktop composition" enabled
  • Start with "Run in XP SP3 compatibility mode" enabled
  • Run in windowed mode
  • Change the process priority to "High" in task manager
  • Force vsync on for BF2.exe
  • Manual update punkbuster
  • Remove punkbuster with pbscv.exe
  • Re-install punkbuster with pbscv.exe

After I did the punkbuster thing, I sometimes gets a "Connection was lost" when I try to join a server. But then if I immediately try to connect again, it CTD.

The fh2config.exe is set to 16:10 and Immersive HUD enabled.

On a side note, I have used this setup a year or so ago, FH2 2.25 or something, only then with a different GFX and less RAM and maybe also I was running WinXP.

I really hope you guys have some suggestions for me, I really badly need to try this game again ! For some reason, a craving for realistic tank sights, infantry battle and blazing vehicles just got to me the other day, I have to satisfy that craving  ;D

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: 2.45 CTD
« Reply #1 on: 19-08-2012, 19:08:47 »
Can you load a BF2 map? IF that doesn't works somethings is wrong with your BF2 installation.
If you want to delete everything related to BF2, don't forget the BF2 and Forgottenhope2 folder in the my documents folder.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)