Author Topic: I am BRAND NEW & I have some questions:  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: I am BRAND NEW & I have some questions:
« Reply #15 on: 31-03-2011, 15:03:44 »
BULL  >:(

Then what are the red markers on the minimap ? Why is it that I can defend a position USING THE FH INTERFACE.

Please speak sense Djinn !  8)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-03-2011, 22:03:20 »
Oh you can. But that uses the commander's function. The normal peer commands dont work - i.e 'bail out', 'go, go, go' etc.

We already had a poorly mapped interface back in 2.0, now that its gone 1942, those direct links are all lost.

The only reason move orders work is because they were fixed in online play and use the commander map interface, and THAT part of ai wasnt tampered with - its basically vanilla.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 01-04-2011, 11:04:50 »
OK Djinn, yes. But the interface is a long way from "does not work at all" which has been suggested above. Plus spotting does work and I've been led to believe that it did'nt. Don't know. maybe I just got confused messages, or got cconfused myself ? Anyway, was just trying to get to the bottom of this, as it annoyed me that clear help was not being provided to a new player.

So I can't call for help or tell my AI Minions NOT to rush headlong to their deaths?

As DLFReporter said you can use defend/attack/move to hold your squad at any location on the map. But they might still go running off like they've seen some pretty local girl  ;D

How about this: Is there a 'keycard' that tells me what the commands/actions are? I can't seem to find it anywhere;

NM

Good question. This is missing for new players. I might make one for AI players.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14-05-2011, 18:05:13 »
Better yet add the line:

sv.spawntime 1

...to the end of your gamelogicinit.con file (in ...\mods\fh2), and you only have to do it once... ;)

Just following up; Do I write the 'sv.spawntime 1' right at the end of the gamelogicinit.con line with no spaces or punctuations?
thx

NM

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16-05-2011, 09:05:23 »
Yeah, it should look like this (last 3 lines of the file):

gameLogic.noVehiclesOmit wurfgerat41
gameLogic.noVehiclesOmit wurfgerat41_alt
sv.spawntime 1

It will get rid of the "You have been killed" timer, but not the "...incapacitated" one.

The only thing is if you get instantly killed, there will be no waiting to respawn at all.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16-05-2011, 22:05:25 »
Best, I told you, is not to bother with console and just reduce man-down time to 0 at the map selection screen. You get 0 time for man-down and at most 3 secs for death. Mostly, it instantly respawns you....

But whatev

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-05-2011, 09:05:30 »
Djinn, your Coop-bias is showing again... :)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-05-2011, 08:05:48 »
Best, I told you, is not to bother with console and just reduce man-down time to 0 at the map selection screen. You get 0 time for man-down and at most 3 secs for death. Mostly, it instantly respawns you....

But whatev

So then at the map: sv.mandowntime 0 & close it and that will reduce my spawn time?

I will try itl

NM

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-05-2011, 09:05:56 »
Yep, if you're setting up a Coop game, like djinn said, you can just set the man-down timer to 0.

I usually play SP, and it doesn't give you that option.

Adding the sv.spawntime 1 line to the end of the gamelogicinit.con file should get rid of the timer in SP and Coop.