Author Topic: Introducing a SP community issue tracker (Google Code)  (Read 22969 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Introducing a SP community issue tracker (Google Code)
« Reply #30 on: 13-03-2012, 17:03:38 »
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Probably because I have so much new knowledge about the AI swimming around my head just by learning from interrelated issues and digging around in the FH files :D

To answer your question. Yes, owners (the one who originally submitted the issue) DO automatically get replies. See "Issue Tracker" section on this page - https://code.google.com/hosting/settings - for the settings associated with that:

Whenever an issue is changed by another user, send me an email:
(tickbox) If I am in the issue's owner or CC fields.
(tickbox) If I starred the issue.

There is the "All issue changes" that you point out but, as you can see above, there is also a "CC" field available for each issue (Carbon Copy). If you like I can add you as a project "Committer" so you can use that field and set labels.

Project owners may make any change to this project.

Project committers
may work in the project, but may not reconfigure it.

Project contributors start with the same permissions as non-members, but their role in the project is visible.

Hope that makes sense.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: 23-03-2012, 13:03:47 »
OK, been doing some work on the issue tracker. I think I've got it fairly ship shape. I made a page that will come up when the "Issues" tab is clicked on. This comes before the actual issue creation part. There is a list of all the maps there to allow creating an issue for whatever maps with special label set for it.

That's nice, but I still think that allowing non-members to edit labels would be a better solution, at least for multiple-map issues like #69, #35 or #26. Yes, I know that it's not possible right now, but I found an issue on Google Code Support: Allow non-project members to specify labels when creating a new issue. A person from Google said that if this issue gets 100 stars, he/she will "set aside some of the other work to investigate this". It has 81 stars at this moment, so, please, "star" it.

Google implemented this, so I turned it on. Non project members can now set labels when they first submit an issue.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23-03-2012, 15:03:31 »
DJ Barney, thanks. Just in time, I have a nice issue to report, will create it tomorrow.

BTW, have you tried issue backuper attached to issue #63?

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 23-03-2012, 17:03:56 »
It's on my to do list.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29-01-2013, 19:01:56 »
I just had a CTD on Vossenack, which surprises me for it used to be very stable in the past. My server simply closed down without an error message.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31-01-2013, 19:01:26 »
Ksl, by "in the past" do you mean "before Patch B"? And IIRC, you have made some modifications in game files. Maybe, those modifications caused the CTD?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01-02-2013, 16:02:07 »
Unfortunately I can't remenber exactly when it went broke. The only modification that might have lead to the CTD could be that I replaced the current GPO of the mapwith the previous one in order to make the map playable again  :P .

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #37 on: 07-08-2013, 19:08:47 »
I should say I've had a lot going on here and have not been able to work on anything to do with the tracker. This situation will continue for at least the next 6 months due to circumstances out of my control. So I'll still be around sometimes but if anyone wants to take up the slack then please step up  :)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07-08-2013, 20:08:11 »
Well, a large part of the issues on the tracker are already fixed in the SP patches (but I would not close them yet until they are published with an official release). A couple of the tickets are not SP related, like the commorose one. I will look into few other tickets. As for the rest, I doubt that it's possible to implement them with BF2 AI, only if through major perversions.

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23-12-2013, 14:12:39 »
I recently added a few new issues to the tracker for server crash issues on Brest, Mareth and Mount Olympus in Coop Patch C. Is anyone actively looking at the tracker these days? Is there something I can do to help? I'd be happy to review map files looking for issues but I need to know what to look for.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #40 on: 13-03-2015, 16:03:27 »
Google is shutting down its Google Code service ...
Hello,

Earlier today, Google announced we will be turning down Google Code Project Hosting. The service started in 2006 with the goal of providing a scalable and reliable way of hosting open source projects. Since that time, millions of people have contributed to open source projects hosted on the site.

But a lot has changed since 2006. In the past nine years, many other options for hosting open source projects have popped up, along with vibrant communities of developers. It’s time to recognize that Google Code’s mission to provide open source projects a home has been accomplished by others, such as GitHub and Bitbucket.

We will be shutting down Google Code over the coming months. Starting today, the site will no longer accept new projects, but will remain functionally unchanged until August 2015. After that, project data will be read-only. Early next year, the site will shut down, but project data will be available for download in an archive format.

As the owner of the following projects, you have several options for migrating your data.

forgotten-hope-singleplayer

The simplest option would be to use the Google Code Exporter, a new tool that will allow you to export your projects directly to GitHub. Alternatively, we have documentation on how to migrate to other services — GitHub, Bitbucket, and SourceForge — manually.

For more information, please see the Google Open Source blog or contact google-code-shutdown@google.com.

-The Google Code team

I don't think anyone has been using it. I'll attempt to do some final back up anyway.