Author Topic: Bad admin  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Re: Bad admin
« Reply #30 on: 13-05-2013, 19:05:42 »
A single asset.

If it would be for a group, I could say, I am standing in the main base, and I am waiting for everything.

Similar to that is what probably many people behave like though.

Often tanks spawn close together, being lined up in a row. Many players won't know where the tank they desire exactly spawns or simply wait somewhere for any tank and are just not sure where they have to wait.

When now an experienced player comes in, standing next to a specific spot and then a tank spawns at this spot, we have a difficult situation as the experienced player is certain to be right in the situation, but the new player is frustrated because he has been waiting for quite some time "somewhere where all the tanks spawn" and I can even understand the new player there, although you can not really blame the experienced one.
This is not exactly a contradiction, but somewhat difficult to handle and can also be unfair, as the spots can be confusing.

=> As a result 762 admins should maybe point this out more clearly in the server rules and give the people a heads up by global message here and there, telling them to remember waiting in line for one specific asset and that it might be helpful to keep the location it spawns in mind.

This is perhaps one major problem for many people and why often both think they are behaving correctly.

Offline Smooth

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14-05-2013, 21:05:12 »
I really like how Theta digs up that story with the PIAT from years ago up again and again.
Don't you grow tired of that, Theta? It is not in the rules and people do not get kicked for it.
Stop spreading lies, just because you are angry and it is convenient.

@Smooth:
If you have a complaint, give us the date and name of the admin, so we can adress it.
How am I supposed to talk to "one of the server admin" about his mistakes?

How did he "silence" you? Some of you guys are awfully quick when dishing out accusations.
You are free to voice your complaint at 762-ranking.de.
Even here, which is a developer forum and therefor the wrong spot, we find your complaint and reply to it.

And no, the rules apply to admins as well as players.

Thanks for responce! I just wanted to make sure how things work in this server, thats why i didnt mention the admins name. I didnt find the servers forum  with google, so i wrote it here.

One reason i like this mod is because it has better server culture than vanilla BF. Then its even more disapointing when smb who should be keeping order, brakes the rules himself.
I dont understand exactly what BOO trys to say because the translation, but heres my version. I was waiting for a tank, maybe 2 metres from its spawn, BOO game LATER and waited too. I asked him to stay in line. He asked what im waiting, i sayd "The tank". Tank spawned and BOO took it.  I juped on gunners seat.  I asked: Shouldnt you wait in line? BOO didnt answer. I knew that he was a admin, so I asked: you will now kick me? Then he sayd something emotional (dont remember exact words) and kicked me for "whining".

Ive been kicked before because "not waiting in line", and its ok for me, as far rules apply for everyone. But when im the only fool who follows the rules, its just matter of justice. I agree with previous comment that maybe BOO isnt a right person for this job.  But its your server of course, not mine. Please put the rule about waiting in ONE line, or MANY lines on to  loading screen. Now its just confusing for many players.

Thanks!

Offline Boo(RUS)

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-05-2013, 22:05:16 »
Do you understand why I said what are you waiting for?And this is why I ask the other players?I'll open secret - that would not have to wait in vain technique that are waiting ...

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-05-2013, 08:05:16 »
it's interessting, that you are saying, you can't find our forum.
You quote it already in ODIUM's post

762-ranking.de

it is also announced in the starting screen if you are joining our server and ingame every 5 minutes i think.

to the rules, that is the same, starting screen and you can see it ingame.

Regards

Offline Smooth

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15-05-2013, 08:05:05 »

762-ranking.de

it is also announced in the starting screen if you are joining our server and ingame every 5 minutes i think.

Regards

1. When i sayd i couldnt find the forum, it was  before i made that post and quote (logical, right?).
2. First place where ppl go search information, isn´t the games loading screen I think.
3. Yes there is note about rules on the loading screen, but it says NOTHING about waiting in ONE line or MANY lines.

Do you understand why I said what are you waiting for?And this is why I ask the other players?

You asked and I answered. Whats your point?

I'll open secret - that would not have to wait in vain technique that are waiting ...

I have no idea, what are you trying to say here.

I think the admin can close the topic now.

Offline Knallkopp_02

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15-05-2013, 13:05:04 »

762-ranking.de

Regards

1. When i sayd i couldnt find the forum, it was  before i made that post and quote (logical, right?).
2. First place where ppl go search information, isn´t the games loading screen I think.
3. Yes there is note about rules on the loading screen, but it says NOTHING about waiting in ONE line or MANY lines.

Only as information, if I google for "762" or "762 + bf2" or "762 + fh2" I got the second, the first and the first entry that is announcing our forum.

What did you think, where to announce the informations instead of the loading screen or in game?

Regards

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15-05-2013, 15:05:28 »

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #37 on: 15-05-2013, 16:05:32 »

About 2: it is not the first place where you search for it. But it is the first place where we as server hoster can get into contact with you (you stay in the loading screen for approx. 30 secs at least).
That is why...

About 3: ...we post all our rules for our newly joining players in the loading screen and look very carefully after that those rules are complete and up-to-date. It includes the wait in line rule.

May I quote the rule that you can find in the loading screen, the forum and when you type !rules into the game chat: "No teamkilling on purpose/wait your turn for weapons & vehicles."

I think that says it all. Of course we cannot avoid little disputes in the way of "I was first - No! I was first".
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Smooth

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15-05-2013, 17:05:25 »

About 3: ...we post all our rules for our newly joining players in the loading screen and look very carefully after that those rules are complete and up-to-date. It includes the wait in line rule.

If you would read my post more carefully, you could understand what Im trying to say. I know there is  a reference on the loading screen,  about the rule waiting in line. BUT, it doesnt say is there ONE line for all vehicles, or MANY lines for separate vehicles.  How can I make my point more clear? Is it so hard to add one more word to the rule?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #39 on: 15-05-2013, 17:05:13 »
"Wait your turn" describes it pretty much. People who want to understand it, do so. Others...

You know that the window in that loading screen only allows for a certain amount of digits per line, right?
We tried to make it as clear as possible, frankly, I don't see where the problem is.

You are the first person who needs to have added  "there is only one line for each asset".
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15-05-2013, 18:05:27 »
You are the first person who needs to have added  "there is only one line for each asset".

Heu no... i was also wondering the details of the rule.  I'm sure we (Smooth and I) are not alone.

As example, last sunday, someone (i don't recall the name, but he wasn't smooth) tk me because I was about to take the "Vickers Light Tank Mk. VI B" in Bardia allies main.  When i asked why he tk me, he argued that he was waiting for a tank longer than me.  Actually, he was more than 30m away from where the coveted tank spawned (in fact, he was around the "Carro Armato M13/40" spawn area).   That guy (even if his behaviour was not appropriate) was clearly thinking i was about to breaks the "wait in line" rule. 

P.S.
I don't want to discuss that player behaviour here. That's not my point.
« Last Edit: 15-05-2013, 18:05:40 by [QPS]_Sex_Bomb »

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15-05-2013, 18:05:52 »
My point is that this particular rule is, imho, subject to different interpretations and so difficult to enforce for admins that it shouldn't exist.   It can only be enforced if an admin is a direct witness of events if not when he's the victim.   You can't expect all players to read, understand and follow a long list of complex server rules explained only in the community forum.    I fully understand the good intention behind this particular rule, but imho, it lead to many frustrations and cat fights and do more harm than good.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #42 on: 15-05-2013, 18:05:23 »
I see the point. Our approach was to create an atmosphere where even newcomers get their chance.
If you don't add this rule or at least a notion like this (it should not be necessary, it should go without saying, but you know as well as I do that it does not) -  there will only be the pros getting into vehicles and that would frustrate new players.

FH2 needs new players, that is why we have that rule. It is rarely the vehicle which a player did not get which is the problem. Mostly people use this to blow off steam. The majority of players just wait in line/take turns like adults.

If players want to flame, they will find a reason, sadly, some people just join to raise a fuzz and enjoy the admin's/ other players' attention. This is not about smooth. Just a general statement. So far I did not have a single admin complain about the workload on the server :)
« Last Edit: 15-05-2013, 18:05:31 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15-05-2013, 18:05:22 »
It's an evidence of incapacity that such rules have to exist. I always thought it was common courtesey on a small community like this one but I was simply completely wrong on this one.
You're right, [QPS]_Sex_Bomb, this rule is pretty hard to enforce but as the common FH2 player doesn't give a damn about his coplayers, I think it should stay in place with all negative sideeffects this might have.

Well, ODIUM already said it.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Smooth

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15-05-2013, 19:05:20 »
I searched your forum and found no explonation about this "wait in line" rule. If there is none, then your admins will keep kicking me and other players as they want to interpret this. And players cant do nothing about it. Most ppl wont come here to complain like I did, they suck it up and move to the next game.

I can already imagine myself arguing with admin:

"Stay in line!"
"Theres many lines for each vehicle."
"No there isnt!"
"Yes there is!"
"Read the rules!"
"I did, and there´s nothing written about one or many lines!"
Silence......

"You were kicked for insult or excessive teamkilling".

So, will I come here to complain again? Thanks, but no.