Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61947 times)

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #60 on: 03-11-2010, 23:11:11 »
there are 6 weapons with flak18,in its name,exactly which one
there is nothing with 99 in its name (unless i cant see it)
i fired the flare gun 12 times with no CTD
I cant find the Browning .30cal in Ramelle

if you want a bot to stay on a weapon,its best done to set them to automatically spawn into it (this is done in the map,and best done by a mapper)and you need the no exit code in its tweak file,which some already hace

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 04-11-2010, 00:11:03 »
All the flak 18s have the recurring sound issue. They are all the same gun, just reskinned for the desert. Normandy and early war grey i.e _Grau

I suppose it must be something about the very pistol flare gun because Hyacinth will CTD eventually, and my custom map with it i.e Seige of Tobruk night also ctds eventually, I removed that kit and it didn't ctd again

the browning .30cal is in the church tower. You can only access it by a crawl space to the allied side of the tower and up the staircase and ladder. If you swivel it around, it will cause a CTD

Yer, about bots entering and not exiting, most guns are in a good position, but bots don't stay on them esp. the lafette tripod mg34 and mg42, as well as the deployable .30cal and vikers. The .30cal for instanace has VERY low preference so bots seldom ever use it at al

Do you think you could make a minimod with some of/ all of these fixes? Perhaps, add them to your mg34/42 lafette CTD fix, so its all in one package - Kinda like how Drawde's minimod was: Easy plug-in, easy removal.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 04-11-2010, 01:11:03 »
Are you running in windowed mode at all ?

is their another weapon that has a similar sound,or acceptable sound,that can replace the flak 18 sound

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 04-11-2010, 01:11:20 »
If you are referring to this MG
It works fine for me,no CTD
try it again with only 1 bot ingame
Also i have never ever,known of a weapon when being rotated that will cause a CTD

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 04-11-2010, 08:11:27 »
Its a general consensus that it does, Devilman. I've experienced it at least 2 or 3 times. If you could just take a look at it like you did the lafettes you might be able to figure out why

We aren't replacing the Flak 18s sound. I don't know how Drawde did it, but there is simply a bug that causes the bots to be able to activate the sound even when the gun is between firing i.e reloading. Its something to do with their using it, rather than the sound itself, same for all mg34s
« Last Edit: 04-11-2010, 08:11:43 by djinn »

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 04-11-2010, 09:11:56 »
add this to the very top of your server archives

fileManager.mountArchive objects_vehicles_Flak_server.zip Objects

and copy this rar file to your fh2 folder (dont unzip)

http://www.filefront.com/17473871/objects_vehicles_Flak_server.zip

not tested,so it may or may not work

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 04-11-2010, 09:11:14 »
Wait I don't get it. Am I dropping this into an archive ZIP? Wouldn't it be better to add this to your already existing mg-lafette fix ZIP archive, so it can just be dropped into the FH2 root folder. Not wanting to nitpick here, but this approach would mean, each fix would have its own ZIP that needs to be plugged in. A bit cumbersome

Trying it out though. Thanks alot man :-)

Oh ok, I get this: This represents the Vehicle fix folder, so other vehicle fixes can be added to the same ZIP, right? While the lafette would be within the weapons fix? I think I got it. But why name it objects_vehicle_flak_server if other vehicles can be put in?

« Last Edit: 04-11-2010, 09:11:23 by djinn »

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05-11-2010, 12:11:00 »

Trying it out though. Thanks alot man :-)

Any results ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 05-11-2010, 20:11:16 »
Sorry, been running around town chasing work the last 2 days. Will get on this. But what I was saying earlier was this. With Drawde and Remick unavailable, I was really hoping you could work on a fix package, like you did for the mg lafette  - All in one, like Drawde used to, including the lafette fix. I am ready to test anything you bring, as long as it would add to the package, cuz in the end, that has to be it.

Mini fixes would just throw everyone besides myself, maybe CanonFodder and Zoomotorpool off, cuz it would require more technical knowlege than most care for...

Will give feedback on the 88 sound within the next 12hrs

great job, again

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 05-11-2010, 23:11:24 »
cuz it would require more technical knowlege than most care for...

add this to the very top of your server archives
and copy this rar file to your fh2 folder (dont unzip)

Yes.I agree,it is a very technical process  ::)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 05-11-2010, 23:11:45 »
ok, add to the 'top' of your server achives. Am I putting it INTO the ZIP server.zip or just putting it into the root folder in which server/zip is?

What i meant was, most SPers and COOP players don't want to have to do so many fixes to get the game ready to play, with so many ways they could accidentally crash the game

A single fix-package like your mg lafette fix would work better is all I'm saying

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 05-11-2010, 23:11:06 »
I give up  ::)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 06-11-2010, 08:11:45 »
Oh come on! I totally love the work you are doing. I just wish whatever fixes you did would be added unto a single zip, instead of many little ones, that's all - Like Drawde's patch. It easier on anybody than having to now locate and dump files into idividual zips or folders, less change of causing a crash or screwing up.

And i did mean what I said, I really don't get your instructions about the 88. When you say 'top of the server archive', what do you mean? Inside a ZIP? or just in the same folder, at the top? the 'At the top' is confusing me, cuz it usually doesn't matter where the file resides, just if its at the correct level in the heirachy

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 06-11-2010, 08:11:50 »
Oh come on! I totally love the work you are doing. I just wish whatever fixes you did would be added unto a single zip, instead of many little ones, that's all - Like Drawde's patch. It easier on anybody than having to now locate and dump files into idividual zips or folders, less change of causing a crash or screwing up.

And i did mean what I said, I really don't get your instructions about the 88. When you say 'top of the server archive', what do you mean? Inside a ZIP? or just in the same folder, at the top? the 'At the top' is confusing me, cuz it usually doesn't matter where the file resides, just if its at the correct level in the heirachy

There was no point in adding the files to my existing files,as they have not been tested yet,(as i posted)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 06-11-2010, 09:11:45 »
ohhhh... gotcha :-)