Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 93132 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #45 on: 05-11-2009, 23:11:47 »
*Without emotion* fuckers

Well, I suppose no arty then huh? :-(

Man, that's what defined FH1

At least bots can fire at point blank range - Or farther than rifles and tanks with mortar and howiter, yes?

I mean, El-Alamein should be a good map for arty with all them PAKs on the hill and open almost flat terrain? Or Alam Halfa
« Last Edit: 05-11-2009, 23:11:13 by djinn »

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06-11-2009, 04:11:23 »
...Also, Dice's 1.5 patch has broken the ai commander.
Damn, I completely forgot about that.

And I really have to ask myself how I overlooked that, considering I've still got a 1.41 install of BF2 for THAT EXACT REASON!!! ::)

Offline novice12

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11-11-2009, 00:11:35 »
Hello there!

I'm playing FH2SP already for several months, the MOD is great, special thanks for the "Invasion of Сretе" map.
Recently I've decided to add some new handheld weapons {three rifles} - just for fun {not for my own MOD or anything like this  :) }. So I added first two new rifles, but failed to add the last one - the game simply crashed when I tried to run the map with this weapon  :(.
Are there any manual on the subject, or maybe anybody could help?

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11-11-2009, 00:11:25 »
Anything added into the mod needs to be separately coded for the bots to recognize what it does.  If you made new rifles (or whatever) you would need to give them AI code or else the game will crash anytime you or a bot tries to use them in single player.

This is why Operation GoodWood crashes.  One of the Sherman models is not coded for AI support, so if you or a bot tries to use it, it crashes.  Some deployable weapons also cause this.

I do not know how to do any of this, but I have been paying attention to the topics on these forums and slowly absorbing all kinds of information, like some kind of brain sponge.  I wonder if I bleed information if someone squeezes me...
« Last Edit: 11-11-2009, 00:11:09 by Ionizer »

Offline novice12

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11-11-2009, 02:11:56 »
2 Ionizer
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Actually I've just "borrowed" some weaponry from Eve of Destruction MOD - so far it is Mosin-Nagant rifle, SVT rifle, DP-28 LMG and PPSH-41 SMG. If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about "weapons.ai" file located in "AI'" subfolder {objects_weapons_server.zip file  ;D} - all of the abovementioned guns have this file, moreover, I was 100% successfull in adding all of them except the SVT :-\
I have carefully checked the SVT files and noticed that it uses 3p animations from SVD rifle {located in original BF2} + some sounds are taken also from SVD. I've fixed it, all animations are in SVT main folder now, but the game still crashes.
What is also very interesting, is that I've encountered similar problem when first added PPSH - the map loaded, "Join game" button appeared, and the game crashed after I've pressed it. The problem was in the weapon Icons {used for weapon selection, mini-map etc.}. I simply used thompson's icons for it.
So...now the icons are OK, AI file OK, but the game still crashes {it doesn't even load the map - only up to 99%}. What's wrong with this SVT?  :-\

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11-11-2009, 06:11:39 »
Try running in window mode, a pop up should appear telling you what you're still missing.
For most sp related stuff there's usualy very helpful tuts to be found on it at bfsp.

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13933&hl=

Offline novice12

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 12-11-2009, 13:11:23 »
2 winterhilf

Thanks for the advice.

There is only one problem - I can't find the way ro run FH2 in window mode  :'(

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12-11-2009, 13:11:17 »
Just a guess, try dragging the FH exe... into a word edittor... there might be a screenview thingy there, if it has a value of 1, make 0 to run it in window mode

like I said, I might be wrong so don't do anything permanent or just wait for WinterHilf to reply

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #53 on: 12-11-2009, 13:11:10 »
Add:
+fullscreen 0
to the end of the target of the desktop shortcut so it looks similar to this:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\FH2.exe" +fullscreen 0

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 12-11-2009, 20:11:13 »
whoops sorry for the misdirection... ya, that's it.. been a while since I needed to

Offline novice12

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 17-11-2009, 00:11:23 »
2 Eat Uranium & djinn

Thanks for the help, now I guess it'll take a whole day to locate the "SVT bug"  ;D

BTW {sorry for the possible off-topic} does anybody know, is there any configuration file or something like this to regulate the game settings {like cashe size, Vsync etc.} to adjust the game performance. I lnow that most of the game settings can be changed in "Video"\"Sound"\"Game" options, but maybe there is also a special file for more detailed setup  ??? 

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24-11-2009, 12:11:15 »
Not sure about those, but I know one killer to gameplay in SP/COOP is RAM. Try reducing the number of bots - Until i get my rig up and running, I play with low specs for everything, except effects (Just gosta have my pudding) and with a max of 28 bots total. I used to play with 18, but I needed more squads for the effect

Frankly, anything abover 48 becomes a frag-fest

A DAY LATER - TO AVOID DBL POSTING:
I was playing COOP Luttich, trying to get a better oppinion of the map (The flags' spacing doesn't help since al the space infront of both main bases is useless except as means of getting to the town)... Anyway, I noted something terribly wrong... Bot who spawn at the main base, for some reason STAY there  - I know of Americans, not sure of Jerry. They actually idle, which is rare for FH2 bots... I had to TK alot of those bots to get the game moving, since my entire squad had spawned there

Also, sometimes a tank may be taken and remain at the base too... OR it drives towards the church base and drives right off the map and is killed for it. So unless the tanks decide to go south to the 3 other bases (Both town bases and the third one), its rare to have them on the battlefield at all...

« Last Edit: 25-11-2009, 21:11:49 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20-02-2010, 19:02:55 »
Ok, big issue. At 32 bots, the game is fine for 50:50 ratio. Anything more and axis increse in count and allies reduce. By 48 bots at same ratio, you get 15 allies to 33 axis! This is an issue in coop. Please give us the DIY version also because with so many bugs and few fixes, sp has become a trajedy.

In 2.0, bots were daft, but they used everything fairly well and no map ctded. Now few things work right besides infantry, which, thank you, is almost perfect. Sometimes, I just want to play fh2, and not always beta-test it

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 21-02-2010, 12:02:36 »
Out of curiousity, why do you play Coop?

Have you tried changing the sv.setCoopBotRatio in ...mods\fh2\settings\Serversettings.con?

Come to think of it, that's ass-backwards. If the Coop count is imbalanced due to there being more than 32 bots, it should be putting more on the Axis team...

If you have more than 32 bots and you set the ratio to 50%, the game puts 16 on MEC/China and it dumps the rest on US. So if you have, let's say 50 bots, it won't give you 25v25 (USvMEC), it'll give you a split of 34v16.
- http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14792

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22-02-2010, 12:02:00 »
If it is 50 ratio, it is supposed to be 1:1 ratio irrespective of total count. I've played 48 bots as default until 2.25 with no issue. Its an issue that is new to 2.25.

Some battles are best with one ratio with others best another.

That freedom to decide is my reason for playing coop over sp, and it is now lost