Author Topic: Gun Jamming  (Read 1825 times)

Offline BogusBoo

• Sure Thing, F*cker!
    • View Profile
Gun Jamming
« on: 21-09-2009, 12:09:50 »
In real life guns jam like, every now and then, it would be so cool to see gun jams in FH2, jam your gun and you must press R to reload again!

:)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Gun Jamming
« Reply #1 on: 21-09-2009, 12:09:11 »
Refractor 2 engine can't handle that, sorry.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 21-09-2009, 12:09:40 »
There are work arounds for this but no actual way to make a gun jam. You can give every weapon an overheat counter and pretend it jams when the overheat counter reaches full like a guy did at PR, but there is no way to trigger an animation when this happens so it would look weird.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-09-2009, 22:09:55 »
omg yes ofcourse,,, how could we forgot jamming weapons  :P problem is now do we put this as higher or lower priority than Soldiers having to stop and eat, pee or filling up the trucks with diesel  :-\

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-09-2009, 04:09:02 »
omg yes ofcourse,,, how could we forgot jamming weapons  :P problem is now do we put this as higher or lower priority than Soldiers having to stop and eat, pee or filling up the trucks with diesel  :-\

Right after you tie your shoes...

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-09-2009, 08:09:40 »

I would loooove seeing a pee-bar at the lower left corner of the hud.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-09-2009, 08:09:40 »
There are work arounds for this but no actual way to make a gun jam. You can give every weapon an overheat counter and pretend it jams when the overheat counter reaches full like a guy did at PR, but there is no way to trigger an animation when this happens so it would look weird.
But then it's not random, so like after 3 magazines your Sten jams. Then I would quickly pick up a new kit after 2 magazines.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-09-2009, 08:09:19 »

I would loooove seeing a pee-bar at the lower left corner of the hud.
I can imagine...

*American squad on PHL takes cover on the side of the road to spy on German MG nest*
"Alright, nobody move or stand before I say so, those guys don't see us yet."
"But I gotta pee..."
"Hold it soldier!" *pulls out binoculars*
"erm, ugh... I... can't... hold it anymore... *stands up to pee and is immediately cut down by Laffette fire*
"OH SHIT!! YOU LITTLE-" *whole squad is wiped out by Kar98 heat grenade*

That'd be awesome.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-09-2009, 11:09:55 »

Also a Fart meter can be added...seeing that soldiers used to eat canned beans....then when it fills up you automatically let one rip and then a small green gas cloud next to the players ass....  ::)

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-09-2009, 05:09:04 »
You could show them who is the boss with your Jarate skills...
http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/day07_english.htm

Oh, this so reminds me of the BF42 fart. Could we actually get it back? It could make going higher in Crete much more fun.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-09-2009, 03:09:35 »
i think you are getting this idea of guns jamming from the pc game S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl or something, cos that game your weapons jam from time to time...
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-09-2009, 13:09:27 »
Far Cry 2 also have excellent gun jamming situation, especially if you pick low quality weapons that have rust all over. The gun jam animation only revolves around the ejected shell stuck and block the chamber door and the players have to press "reload" again and again to pull the cock and finally clears it. It will eventually explodes if you use it continuously.

Oh and we can even add barrel change in MGs, barrel melt, breech lock, muzzle brake loss, etc. It would be fun!

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24-09-2009, 14:09:41 »
No, we can't. My idea of using overheat with an animation was not possible.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:27 »
Wish it were possible, but it simply isn't. [/discussion]

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24-09-2009, 21:09:11 »

Hey, you don't want to go into to battle with untied shoes, that is mighty important  ;)