Author Topic: Stalingrad (New upcoming movie about The Battle of Stalingrad)  (Read 1591 times)

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
  How no one of this forum, commented yet about this movie... i was just checking trough my fb and saw this trailer.

Stalingrad 2013 - Trailer #2

Another trailer, but with the charts in English ( The trailer 2 is most striking )
Trailer #1

imdb - Stalingrad (2013)

How dare you guys, your WW2 Stalkers, don't saw this movie coming.  ;D

Another infos:
Use google translator...
http://portuguese.ruvr.ru/2013_10_10/stalingrado-historias-pessoais-motivos-pessoais-3443/

http://portuguese.ruvr.ru/2013_10_09/Exposicao-mostra-fotos-de-Stalingrado-ao-vivo-e-nas-filmagens-4284/

Edit: Better than the first post. 8)
« Last Edit: 11-10-2013, 00:10:49 by RommelBr »

Offline Rikupsoni

• View Profile
Wow, could that Hitler speech fit that trailer any worse? The style seems pretty artistic, albeit it looks more like Mordor than Stalingrad in some parts.  It's obvious even from the trailer that it uses a lot of 3D effects and indeed it's a 3D film. That means some cool scenes, but I'm pretty sure that as a whole the 3D thing won't be well-received in such a film.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Reminds me of 300 and indeed looks like it takes a much more artistic approach to the movie... Interesting

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
You know when I read the title of this thread I thought it would be a crappy American rip off or the like, but Bondarchuk... this will be good.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
How dare you guys, your WW2 Stalkers,don't saw this movie coming.  ;D

Because in russia, things see you coming first.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile

Im dead sure that it was on these forums before.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile

Because in russia, things see you coming first.

Yeah we talked about it already quite a long time ago. I even remember that i noted those tanks remind me more of pIII's with a pIV turret. I just couldn't find a cinema close to me playing the movie when i checked last time :(
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
For movie standards the Panzer IVs are quite good. What´s important for me is that you - at the very least - know what tank it´s meant to be. I still shudder at the thought of Leopard I being used as German tanks in "A ridge too far". Were they supposed to be Panthers or what?

The Ausf. H is obviously out of place, but I imagine they needed the skirts to hide the wrong undercarriage (wheels).
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
The trailer song, "Wonderful world", does anyone know the band or will it be revealed only in the future?
also when is it coming to EU theaters?
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline RommelBr

• View Profile
The trailer song, "Wonderful world", does anyone know the band or will it be revealed only in the future?
also when is it coming to EU theaters?

The song  "Wonderful World" is from The Ramones (You never heard it?), but the version of the trailer is not their version.

Theres only the release date from Russia, wich is 10 October 2013, yesterday.  :P   

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
For (3d) movie standards it's propbably worth watching. They do want to entertain people too and not just WW2 nutjobs like us. :p

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Scenes look rich with action and detail, but not sure about the realism, spotted a few stuff unfitting the reality there.

Might turn out to be just a Stalingrad version of SPR.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Might turn out to be just a Stalingrad version of SPR.

But but... It's in 3D! Omgz!!!1!11
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile

The song  "Wonderful World" is from The Ramones (You never heard it?), but the version of the trailer is not their version.

Theres only the release date from Russia, wich is 10 October 2013, yesterday.  :P

I heard of it, just looking for this specific version.

Ah so, I guess it's still a long wait to go
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
I'm going to make a really bold prediction and say that this is not going to be nearly as good as the 1993 film.

That is one of the greatest war films ever so it would be quite the feat anyway.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame