Author Topic: AT rifles in Normandy  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Potilas

• View Profile
Re: AT rifles in Normandy
« Reply #15 on: 19-09-2009, 09:09:07 »
I miss at-rifle a lot. Whit it you can basicly destroy everything else, but heavy tanks. The weapon is best for against anti-tank guns (ironically  ;D). 1-2 shots and whole gun placement blows up in the skies  8). What a lovely special purpose gun!

Adding at-rifles to some maps only for pickup kits would be really cool. Think about how fun it would be anti-tank gun hunter in operation goodwood and how valuable your work is when you could tear all defences down from flag before tanks roll in. Why one of the coolest weapon have to be forgotten  :'(  

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-09-2009, 21:09:39 »
Why one of the coolest weapon have to be forgotten  :'(  

You write it like you think they aren't in by accident. They aren't in on purpose, and the reason why is on page 1 of this thread. The pickup kit idea seems nice, but I really like sabres: does that mean there should be a pickup kit with sabres? Don't think so. The idea behind pickup kits is:

a) to limit the amount of certain types of weapons in a map
b) to let players play with a rare weapon that would have never been in the mod otherwise

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I think it is meant to be. Both reasons aren't valuable in the case of ATR's in Normandy. If you want to fire ATR's (and I agree with you, they are cool), play Africa maps. They are in most server's rotations anyway.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-09-2009, 11:09:51 »
I miss at-rifle a lot. Whit it you can basicly destroy everything else, but heavy tanks. The weapon is best for against anti-tank guns (ironically  ;D). 1-2 shots and whole gun placement blows up in the skies  8). What a lovely special purpose gun!

Adding at-rifles to some maps only for pickup kits would be really cool. Think about how fun it would be anti-tank gun hunter in operation goodwood and how valuable your work is when you could tear all defences down from flag before tanks roll in. Why one of the coolest weapon have to be forgotten  :'(  

I once have a dream that the entire team of British , holding AT rifles, charge a King Tiger....

I woke up before seeing what happened.

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-09-2009, 12:09:41 »
I'd imagine there was a lot of loud bangs, followed by a lot of sparks and sharp ping sounds, and then a lot of British blood and guts flying everywhere.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-09-2009, 20:09:59 »
I'll never forget how one prof put it in a WW2 seminar course I took once.

The British Anti-Tank weapon was basically an elephant gun which left such a bruise that no sensible person would fire one twice. The British were only too happy to leave them on the beaches of Dunkirk.