Author Topic: Ranging a shot  (Read 723 times)

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
Ranging a shot
« on: 10-02-2016, 02:02:02 »
Since the new Firing Range maps, which I've been enjoying a lot, have a marked shooting range, I had a thought.

I was out sniping on Bastogne just now, just picking off a few bots for fun, and I made a really nice, near-view-distance-limit shot (the shooting range has been great practice!). I really wish I could have known how long the shot was.

Is there any way to tell? As in, is there any way, in game, for there to be something that says the distance of a shot? I've got very little (as in none) experience with modding and things of that sort. I'm just wondering if it's possible.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
Re: Ranging a shot
« Reply #1 on: 10-02-2016, 08:02:42 »
Since the new Firing Range maps, which I've been enjoying a lot, have a marked shooting range, I had a thought.

I was out sniping on Bastogne just now, just picking off a few bots for fun, and I made a really nice, near-view-distance-limit shot (the shooting range has been great practice!). I really wish I could have known how long the shot was.

Is there any way to tell? As in, is there any way, in game, for there to be something that says the distance of a shot? I've got very little (as in none) experience with modding and things of that sort. I'm just wondering if it's possible.
Use map squares to calculate the distance.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-02-2016, 09:02:55 »

Use map squares to calculate the distance.

I don't think that will work since minimap size scales depending on the oob area.

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-02-2016, 18:02:43 »
If you happened to snipe them while they were at a location you recognize on the map, place a marker on their location as a squad leader and it'll tell you the distance. Obviously this won't work as well if they were in the middle of a field somewhere.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-02-2016, 19:02:10 »
If you happened to snipe them while they were at a location you recognize on the map, place a marker on their location as a squad leader and it'll tell you the distance. Obviously this won't work as well if they were in the middle of a field somewhere.
That will work in PR. Markers in FH2 dont show distance. I think that needs to be implemented( it is history accurate as NCO has map and can calculate distance)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-02-2016, 00:02:17 »
...Markers in FH2 dont show distance...
since when?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-02-2016, 01:02:51 »
...Markers in FH2 dont show distance...
since when?
Really? Where is number?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Yronno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-02-2016, 03:02:18 »
Make sure you have the 3D map on. It's toggled with the alt key by default if I remember correctly. Distance should be right under the marker if you look toward it without the map pulled up.