Author Topic: Arma 3  (Read 5457 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 3
« Reply #15 on: 12-09-2012, 15:09:58 »
Some Days ago some developers of ArmA 3 were arrested while doing research for the game on Lemnos, on which the island in the game is based on. They are now facing a 20 year sentence for espionage

Well I guess they will have to delay the game for 20 years...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-09-2012, 15:09:25 »
Well nice, now stupidity makes for good PR. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-09-2012, 16:09:31 »
What kind of study for a video game could possibly constitute espionage? Seems like it might be blown out of proportion...

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12-09-2012, 16:09:34 »
photographing military property i guess

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-09-2012, 15:09:55 »
Bingo. This isn't the first time that this has happened, either.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-09-2012, 16:09:54 »
Bingo. This isn't the first time that this has happened, either.
To them or in general?

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-09-2012, 12:09:08 »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-09-2012, 08:09:21 »
Some geeks and realism fanboys just don't know how to stop. When they got in-depth exclusive access, they dicksize it to other fanboys like CoDtards. When they got into trouble with the real guys, they can't be as realistic as their game anymore. That's one helpful way to market a game.

I simply can't symphatize with them. But 20 years is too harsh man.

Well nice, now stupidity makes for good PR. ^^

Word!

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #23 on: 19-09-2012, 18:09:34 »
I guess I really don't understand what went down here.....Did they sneak onto a base and take these pictures?  If not what makes them different from any other tourist that might have a couple holiday snaps with a base in the background?  Is it the number of pictures?  The optical zoom?  I don't get it.  Sounds to me like the Greeks government is acting like a bunch assholes.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20-09-2012, 11:09:41 »
I guess I really don't understand what went down here.....Did they sneak onto a base and take these pictures?  If not what makes them different from any other tourist that might have a couple holiday snaps with a base in the background?  Is it the number of pictures?  The optical zoom?  I don't get it.  Sounds to me like the Greeks government is acting like a bunch assholes.

Compensation demanded, bail out requested! To help us pay our debts, now photographing government properties cost you some royalties.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20-09-2012, 14:09:41 »
The Greek have a firm stance on photographing Military airbases. Some Dutch plane spotter we arrested years ago for doing the same.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20-09-2012, 16:09:33 »
Greeks probably think they have a second Area 51 there...

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-09-2012, 05:09:55 »
They think they are in some serious competition with Turkey, you know, kinda like throwing a rock onto somebody and then got beaten to shit later on, to finally having epic story to brag upon. Good bail out money spent on maintaining fancy weaponry and state-of-the-art jets.

Supporting Ionian revolt by pearl-harbouring one of Persian empire's polis, and when Xerxes demanded retribution, they embarked on suicide mission. What they got was Athens lying in ruins and humanity lost a lot of valuable manuscripts, written knowledge, and philosophies just because some boys got over their normal testosterone dose. I hope they aren't that crazy this time.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21-09-2012, 19:09:58 »
Wow, 10 mln country is really serious about its government property...  ::)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-02-2013, 00:02:27 »
 Looks like they are out on bail, but charges are still pending....

On 15 January 2013, the arrested developers were released from jail after being subject to 128 days in custody.

Iranian Government Ban

In September 2012, it was announced that the Iranian government would ban all copies of ARMA 3 from the country

No reason was given............Do they even have Internet in Iran?

Map name change

As a result of the arrest incident of two Bohemia Interactive employees, on February 2, 2013, Bohemia Interactive announced that the name of the main island "Lemnos" would change to "Altis", stating "as part of the creative process, our virtual environments are often rooted in real-life locations and, during development, they evolve and grow along with our design,” said Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, project lead on Arma 3.

Who makes a game involving the Greek Army anyway. The country is going bankrupt and there seem to be far more interesting countries to choose from.....

Its still scheduled for release in March 2013.......

.... proceeds will got to purchasing "Chasity Belts" for the 2 Felon Developers.....

:-*