Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48  (Read 26493 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46
« Reply #45 on: 26-04-2014, 23:04:49 »
Except bots have always sprinted with melee weapons. It's even in Vanilla BF2

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #46 on: 27-04-2014, 13:04:06 »
I played Operation Hyacinth. Yes, working spotlights ! Plus, rather amusingly the bots were firing lots of flares at my vehicle, sometimes two or three at a time from point blank range. I suspect they may be trying to repair the vehicle with the wrong weapon slot.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27-04-2014, 17:04:02 »
Certainly, but I haven't seen this kind of precision or aggression from the bots before. The behavior seems more random now... so I was surprised.

About wrong weapon slot... I've also noticed the German engineers like to place explosives on their own Sd.Kfz. 251's. That's neat in a self destruct kind of way.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27-04-2014, 22:04:21 »
Okay, ai haven't noted that though. I do know that bots with explosive charge may for some strange reason on waiting for the enemy to blow up, toss their second immediately after their target is dead. Notably most in sticky bombs, but gabelltladung on friendly hanomags.. Thats new

Offline Yuri.Gdozaev

• Red Orchestra violinist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21-05-2014, 05:05:12 »
I have just played the Gold Beach:
The bots are staying in the vehicles more than usual (Maybe i'm crazy) so the Brave New Churchill AVRE is unleashing hell on that map!
I can't believe it, its almost like a movie, i was there running from the explosions and then a Bren Carrier full of bots screaming "LETS GO" or "AAAAHHH" passed by and took the point.
I really apreciate your work, you are making my SP/COOP battles sooo much epic

I can't imagine how its gonna be Omaha Beach with this bots... daemn

Thank you so much comrades, see you on the Beach :D

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21-05-2014, 09:05:18 »
SP and COOP are more realistic than multiplayer in so many ways that I am rarely tempted to play on-line. Now we just need them to use better cover, change stances properly and run across open areas instead of leisurely strolling through them and this is the ultimate WWII experience.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21-05-2014, 18:05:17 »
Just to tease, you, guys, a bit... :)

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 21-05-2014, 18:05:53 »
Wow ! This is good timing for the 6th of June DDay anniversary :)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 21-05-2014, 21:05:09 »
Most Normandy maps CTD randomly. Could that be looked into?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 21-05-2014, 22:05:11 »
I'd appreciate more detailed reports - at least which maps?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 21-05-2014, 22:05:18 »
I am sorry for the sparse details - I shall compile a list later on, but off the top of my head I recall Villers Bocage crashing, along with most other British Normandy maps. I do not know about the stability of the American maps, for I rarely play them. I would also like to thank you for the excellent work that you and your colleagues did in this patch.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 21-05-2014, 23:05:59 »
Oh, to make things finally clear: there are 18 rebuilt singleplayer maps (see the first post) and there are 21 "old" singleplayer maps. Out of the rebuilt maps 17 have been tested from top to bottom, with the exception of Op. Cobra which has not been tested since Patch C. Personally, I  played about 10 full rounds on each of those 17, and they are more or less CTD free, at least in what is called Singleplayer in BF2. As for the "old" maps, including Villers Bocage and other British Normandy maps except for Port en Bessin and Gold Beach, they have not been tested, they got no updates or fixes, they may crash, but they must wait for their turn to be rebuilt.

Offline JG400

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22-05-2014, 00:05:22 »
Hello, everyone.  I have been playing SP/COOP for 3 years now but I finally have registered in this forum as i have encountered some maps that desperately need attention.  Falaise never fails to ctd.  In Vossenack the Germans never use armor, they always spawn at the forward posts and will never stray from that through the entire round.  This has been a problem since 2.45.  I know it isn't a rebuilt map yet but it is very frustrating when they go attacking and leave all that nice armor sitting.  I thoroughly enjoy this mod(it is one of my favorites) and I thank the mods and developers mightily.    There are a few more points that I am forgetting at the moment but these two are the most aggravating.  I hope that I have brought this to your attention and thank you again for such an awesome mod.  I hope that I didn't sound angry, it just that it is a bit irritating.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #58 on: 22-05-2014, 13:05:17 »
You might know already. But don't forget that CTD's can be caused by an improperly set up Windows system, and especially lack of boot flag to give access to memory above 2 gig's.

EDIT by Gavrant: the tweaks above are applicable for only 32 bit Windows. Users of 64 bit Windows don't need them.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2014, 17:05:43 by gavrant »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22-05-2014, 17:05:31 »
Is the test result should be different in co-op multiplayer mode?

Because I often play SP using co-op MP. The co-op mode allow us to set ticket ratio, so we can play longer in every round.

So far, I haven't experienced any CTDs when playing on rebuilt or upgraded maps. The only CTD I experienced is in Sidi Bou Zid, which I don't know what really happened.

The Purple Heart Lane, Pointe du Hoc, Meuse River, Operation Hyacinth has been extensively tested by me, using more than 500% ticket ratio. Didn't even show any significant bugs even in hours of gameplay. Bots don't wait/camp in bases anymore, they actively move towards the objective at strolling pace. Never seen one get stuck, the navmeshing and pathmapping is brilliant. Tanks and other vehicles do hesitate at narrow passes though, probably it is a BF2 thing, most BF2 maps are pretty open and the roads are wide.

The best result so far:
I got hunted and experienced intense firefight inside a building for the first time. They really explore the building, looking for a clear shot at you. Thankfully, they are bad at grenade throwing.