Author Topic: The oldest of the panzers  (Read 3482 times)

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
Re: The oldest of the panzers
« Reply #30 on: 17-01-2010, 22:01:10 »
In the Spanish Civil War panzer I's were able to take out Republican t-26's at about 150 metres, though generally Republican BA-10's took  out any Panzer I's first.  Actually the Nationalists used almost as many captured T-26's as Panzer I's, but they still used the ammo.
Yeah, and T-26 (those m1931's with 37 mm in one of the twin turrets, or m1933 with the 45 mm) will take out Pz1 at any range. And we don't have any SCW maps.

Pz1 is an essential part of early war, and yes, it's about as useful as an anti-infantry tank as the Vickers Mk VI. But for current maps and time periods, I still think there are more noteworthy or gameplay-wise useful vehicles. Like the aforementioned Pz3 E/F with the 37 mm KwK36; Humber armoured car for NA; Jagdpanzer IV; Centaur IV; Sherman variants (105, "Zippo", Calliope) etc.
Can we have them all plzzzzzzzzzzz :( I know you guys are doing this for free, I have no complaints :)
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17-01-2010, 22:01:35 »
A7V wasn't earliest german tank, this was earliest german tank, the MarienWagen Gepanzert!

Yes, spanish civil war maps would be badass to the max. Perhaps when earlier fronts arrive, such as early eastern front with early russian and german tanks and planes.

*Fixed
« Last Edit: 18-01-2010, 22:01:33 by Mspfc Doc DuFresne »
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18-01-2010, 21:01:04 »
A7V wasn't earliest german tank, this was earliest german tank, the MarienWagen Gepanzert!

Hotlinking forbidden.

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #33 on: 18-01-2010, 22:01:01 »
Don't be rediculous...we can't have panzer 1, they are too weak and would obviously deteriorate everything thing this mod is about...German Bias...obviously... ::)
Semovente  ::)
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18-01-2010, 22:01:25 »
Don't be rediculous...we can't have panzer 1, they are too weak and would obviously deteriorate everything thing this mod is about...German Bias...obviously... ::)
Semovente  ::)
Don't underestimate it  ;)

Offline gyrfalk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21-01-2010, 04:01:20 »
Pz.I not useful for ours maps. He can't do anything against another tanks.

This one is useful...

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21-01-2010, 04:01:19 »
That looks kind of cool too... I approve, it's unique..

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21-01-2010, 20:01:18 »
It is a Flak 38 mounted on the chassis. They even converted some to ammo carriers for these units.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-01-2010, 21:01:25 »
The balkans campain... I read that some three or four times in the last two days...It would be nice to have early Yugoslav-german and German-greek battles or even later with the Tito's Partisans and the Red Army  8)

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Wasntmenl

• FHT Mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-01-2010, 23:01:35 »
I think we can all agree that the devs best focus on the main battles and main tanks instead of small tanks wich where not so common (altough there are some in).

Dont get me wrong I would love to have the panzer 1 I always had a weakness for small crappy tanks and the Panzer 1 - Flammenwerfer would actually be awesome to have  ;D (stil hoping on a Neubaufahrzeug for invasion of norway someday )

Ah but we can always dream  ;)
« Last Edit: 21-01-2010, 23:01:26 by Wasntmenl »