Author Topic: WaW Naval and Aerial Warfare Day #4 - Starting Saturday September 3rd  (Read 5238 times)

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
Our secondary server is up now:

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
Uninstalling PR yesterday managed to fuck up my BF2 so unfortunatley I wont be able to make it. Talk about timing...
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
I had to reconnect after every map, as I got memory error always on map change. Otherwise nice event.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Great job guys, had some really good rounds... Well except a small lack of teamwork (it started to go better when I had to leave) and my constant teamkilling of people on the runway with the B25 (BTW: Sorry guys!). Otherwise epic maps!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
I think atlantic would have needed some real battle tactics,  but as there were none, brits lost really fast. Hope it went better in later rounds  :)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Unfortunately this event was the worst for me so far  :'( Like I said I could only join very late, but there were still plenty players on the WaW server. Played a small part (20 something tickets left) of a round on Tyrr and then it changed to Malta. The round was mwah, did 1 run in a sub and it was already over. Then this:
I had to reconnect after every map, as I got memory error always on map change. Otherwise nice event.
Ctd's aren't motivating, but I tried once more. Then I loaded Wake, was in for a few minutes and then the server crashed. So then I switched to hslan where I had some fun.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
is there a chance to play maps online again or the server will not pop up untill next event?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Yeah unfortunally we had some crashed this time around. Wake had a vehicle locked out which made the server crash, was fixed server side later on. Im not sure what caused the server crashes, not all people had them, and people with better specs had them too, but it was likely due to high memory load on the server/client.

Thanks for the guys who showed up though! I had some epic rounds this time around as well.

Until next time!

Jan, server is still up. We can probably jump start it if we hop on for a while!

Biiviz

I had no crashes and did enjoy it quite a bit.

However, I would say the maps fit better in a tournament like WaW than public play, as they need at least some kind of co-operation to play out well.

Looking forward to the next event!

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Yeah it's hard to get the masses to actually cooperate. However both last time around and this time i was in a few rounds on malta where i was covered and we had some epic runs for the objective.

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
There server is still populated and will be running the map until nobody wants to play them anymore :)

Grab the pack at www.bfewaw.com and join the fun.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Aren't the torpedoes bugged?  :-\

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
We fixed them serverside.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Alright, excellent. Was afraid to fly anything that had torps, or to go submarining

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Dago Red

• View Profile
Torps work, had my first torpedo kill in FH2