Author Topic: Why...  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Why...
« on: 09-04-2009, 09:04:00 »
... no more weekly news ?

I know devs needs to have finished models to do news but it was so cool to have a small part of Normandy each wednesday !!! I know there are lots of betatesters which are playing so could they at least post some screenshoots to do a news each wednesday and give us a small part of the cake ?  ;D

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
Re: Why...
« Reply #1 on: 09-04-2009, 09:04:26 »
I'd rather wait and not get any updates, to finally download the mod and be blown away by all the small things, than to have my anticipation of the mod pulled down a notch because I've been so accustomed to regular updates.

And speculation is good fun. The betatesters teasing us with signatures and small screenshots is much more satisfying than a full blown update...for me, anyway.

I think it was once the great man Spock who said ''Sometimes getting is not always as satisfying as wanting'' or something like that. I can't believe I just quoted Star Trek. I don't even really watch it...anyway...yeah. You know what I mean. Ish.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-04-2009, 11:04:26 »
i would love to show off some stuff but we cant  :'(
on almost all screenshots you could/would find stuff that is not disclosed yet or not finished or has placeholders in them.

and as you know the devs only want to show the finished stuff ...
so patience my friends
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #3 on: 09-04-2009, 11:04:31 »

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #4 on: 09-04-2009, 17:04:56 »
i would love to show off some stuff but we cant  :'(

I must say, your sig is the most "carrot on a stick" for me.... i would like to know more about it, but obviously you can't tell me anything, so I'll keep plodding along behind the sig-carrots.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #5 on: 09-04-2009, 18:04:06 »
Actually, looking closly, I can see a German player riding on the Tiger.  It may only be 20 pixels or so, but its still the best image of Germans in Normandy yet.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #6 on: 09-04-2009, 18:04:44 »
Guys, take a look at Zrix his signature (if I am correct) sig with Flak 18 being manned by a German. Though I only think this is just a GJ.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline The Crimson Major

• I'm an Armchair General!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-04-2009, 22:04:00 »
Well given the reduced size of the dev team and slow pace of progress  necessitated by the BF2 engine and lack of placeholders or WW2 models already in game, I would rather not see updates if it means a faster release.
sig.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-04-2009, 23:04:59 »
Actually, looking closly, I can see a German player riding on the Tiger.  It may only be 20 pixels or so, but its still the best image of Germans in Normandy yet.

All German Normandy playermodels you see are placeholders for the 'real' models.  None of us testers have seen the German playermodels for Normandy yet.  ;)

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #9 on: 09-04-2009, 23:04:25 »
What the heck do you know about the current developing pace? You have no idea what you're talking about.
A news update is a bunch of printscreens and a historical story behind about the theme. It's not a 40h week wasted because you type down a news update.

All I can say that most of them work like a bunch of fanatics. Except Remdul, he keeps stepping infront of my tractor!  :-X

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-04-2009, 23:04:12 »
All I can say that most of them work like a bunch of fanatics. Except Remdul, he keeps stepping infront of my tractor!  :-X

Indeed.  The amount of stuff they churn out everyday is truely amazing!  The dev machine never stops rolling!  ;D

Offline Cpl. Mallard

• Proud owner of an SMLE Mk.III*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-04-2009, 00:04:07 »
Too true, i went through the archives on the website and had forgotten how much stuff for normadny they already made, it's insane!
"And on the sixth day, God saw the need of a high powered rifle that could slaughter Germans at ranges in excess of 2000 yards, and so He created the Lee Enfield. And He saw that it was good, and so on the seventh day, God rested."

Offline vonRas

• Brauner Вебмастер
    • View Profile
    • FH2.ru: Русский сайт Forgotten Hope 2 мод для Battlefield 2
« Reply #12 on: 10-04-2009, 01:04:19 »
Too true, i went through the archives on the website and had forgotten how much stuff for normadny they already made, it's insane!
Hopefully they make even moaaaar great stuff  ::)
WWW.FH2.RU - Русский сайт Forgotten Hope 2 мод для Battlefield 2

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-04-2009, 06:04:37 »

All German Normandy playermodels you see are placeholders for the 'real' models.  None of us testers have seen the German playermodels for Normandy yet.  ;)
They the mountain divisional skins from Crete?