Author Topic: Aliens : Colonial Marines  (Read 1244 times)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
Aliens : Colonial Marines
« on: 13-02-2013, 23:02:30 »
Hey guys! Guess which game just released and sucks balls as predicted? OF course, the new game of the Aliens franchise!

Maybe now developpers will understand that we don't want hitmarkets, xp gain, arcade gameplay and 3rd person view in a freaking Aliens game.

Alien vs Predator 2010 had the Alien gameplay perfect, you had an awesome 1st person view, and the marine gameplay was scary and intense, sadly the game lacked in other domains and had stupid 1 hit kills mechanics.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/aliens-colonial-marines

TB :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Re: Aliens : Colonial Marines
« Reply #1 on: 14-02-2013, 01:02:51 »
I don't know if you have played, but I think it's a great game, not a game of the year, but I have a lot of fun playing it.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-02-2013, 01:02:20 »
Were you playing the fake press demo or the actual game? ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-02-2013, 01:02:33 »

the actual game.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-02-2013, 04:02:07 »
I played the full game but it was said that the press demo was actually better.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-02-2013, 05:02:40 »
Im glad I didnt pre-order this or didnt buy it when it came out. I had a feeling it would be a stinker and it seems like my instincts were correct. Unfortunate as it is, I was kinda curious about it too since I love Alien movies...

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #6 on: 14-02-2013, 07:02:25 »
  Wife pre-ordered the $99 special edition.  She is not thrilled at all with all the reviews I have shown her.  Might just have to cancel and flush this turd come tomorrow.  :(
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14-02-2013, 09:02:19 »
Im glad I didnt pre-order this or didnt buy it when it came out. I had a feeling it would be a stinker and it seems like my instincts were correct. Unfortunate as it is, I was kinda curious about it too since I love Alien movies...
Same here. I thought the game had lots of potential, but after going through a bunch of reviews, I´m glad I didn´t waste my money on it.
I usually take Metacritic scores witha grain of salt, as there are often big differences in press and public scores, but ACM gets bad grades from both sides and even from people who hyped it before the release, so there´s got to be some truth in it.
It´s also one of those cases that shows how you better to resist the temptation of the whole pre-order hype and not "buy the cat in the sack", as we use to say in Germany.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Alakazou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-02-2013, 10:02:05 »
The game need more polishing, but the multiplayer is great, and like I have said, it's not a GOTY.

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #9 on: 14-02-2013, 11:02:25 »
It's an interesting read actually, how it became what it is today..

http://kotaku.com/5984068/how-aliens-colonial-marines-fell-apart

..sounds like poor management in my ears.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-02-2013, 14:02:00 »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-02-2013, 15:02:26 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-02-2013, 15:02:11 »
http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Really the best video if you want to know what's wrong and right with the game and it's release.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #13 on: 14-02-2013, 20:02:57 »
Wife just went to cancel her uber $99 collectors edition.....It shipped at 9:30 EST.   :(  Sounds like this POS is going to get sent back right after it gets here.  Damn shame.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-02-2013, 22:02:38 »
The review embargo kinda spoiled the "surprise" about the quality.

Seriously, what part of "vapour cloud the size of Nebraska" did the writers not get? Not to say that it is the worst fault with the game, but kinda tells that this was just a cash cow project to begin with, everything else was secondary. Which kinda fits the universe, but in a wrong way from the customer perspective. Oh well, Alien3 had just as idiotic premise (the queen never left the hangar deck, so where the frak did that egg hanging from the roof of that corridor come from - was it there all along, or did Bishop have a secret programming after all and planted it there before coming to pick up Ripley & Hicks, or while Ripley was away saving Newt?), and after A:R and the two AVP films thoroughly faceraped the franchise, who would expect anything from a game.

I can imagine how the project began, with someone from the management team storming in the conference room and shouting "HAI GUISE, we need new ALIEN game PRONTO to hop on the Prometheus bandwagon! Just put it on that groovy planet from the second film that had the corridors and the like, and make sure the Aliens come in huge swarms and die in droves like flies and can be bitch-slapped in CC by Our Hero!"