Author Topic: Does anyone play FH2 anymore?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone play FH2 anymore?
« Reply #15 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:52 »
Care to explain these imbalances? I have no trouble winning no matter which side I'm on.

Just about every update has 'nerfed Allied weaponry and vehicle loadout to such an extent that you wonder if you're playing an accurate version of events or a German wish fulfilment to re-write history.. ::)

You seem to be playing a different game then. Biggest present in 2.45 was the Sherman heavy tank, wich got far from nerved. I don't know wich other things you are refering to - as the rifles and other handheld weapons still play the same and have some advantages here and there compared to axis weaponry as well as disadvantages. Yeah, 2pdr, M36 and M10 were fu*cked up, but that's all I can think of for now.

So stop dreaming and make sure you have 2.45 installed before claiming more of this nonesense.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:29 »
The thing is, it's unfair to pounce on new players, no matter what their first threads' topic and tone are.

Forgotten Hope has the distinct honor of being a First Person Shooter, which means it is lumped in with a community that is 98% smacktards, loudmouthed kids, and short-tempered powergamers. In most of the FPS world, it is an expected norm to complain about game imbalance rather than admit player or teamwork imbalance. This goes hand in hand with mirrored maps and equipment being popular. There's no excuse when there's literally no difference except color.

So, a new player, who is often a veteran at FPS', jumps into our little virtual world, looks around at the asymmetric maps, differing loads, and general historic chaos, then draws conclusions based on the outcomes they see. In this case, it was German players kicking their ass and winning map after map.

It follows that this player finds the center of the game community's discourse, and brings up what they observed. Stickies are boilerplate, search is broken zombie thread fuel-it makes more sense to post a new topic to ensure an answer.

And the answer shouldn't be ridicule or flame.

It should be a calm reassurance of the overall balances based on the community's experience.

FH2 vets should ask what sort of imbalances were perceived and point towards threads or history sites that explain the game logic.

If the new player wont explain with more than broad overused echos, tell them they wont get help without discussion, and ignore them until they learn how to post constructively.

We should be sharing the joy of a challenging historic game and letting players acclimate at their own pace rather than expecting perfect manners from the first few days.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27-06-2013, 20:06:26 »
I have no problems with new players asking questions. Maybe it is a bit difficult to find the right tone sometimes, but Defibkiller is certainly not a new player and after 500 hours on our server he should be experienced enough to not spread this nonesense.

I can understand that people percieve a different POV about how a map is balanced sometimes, but in most cases new players ask something about the game instead of claiming it is like this or like this. I have absolutely no clue, what Defib is talking about instead of the overall gamer rubbish "allies got nerfed to death". He still owes us a explaination, based on some facts - not assumptions. That's all. I mean, what is he expecting? M1 Grand killing with less than one shot? Sherman getting even more buffed up? I don't get it.  ???