Author Topic: hi seeing people better  (Read 1822 times)

Offline shadowcreaper

• View Profile
hi seeing people better
« on: 31-08-2010, 15:08:58 »
Hi i have played bf2 project reality and i know a few things about distances and spotting people and know how much of many times it is a joke that people on lower budget pcs will allways perform better in older games than high spec pcs due to rendering ect and gameplay.

My question is.

What things MUST i do to make sure i can spot further and all together be beter in game, as so far my pc quite high spec so i wondering if im just too good pc for this mod lol:P

i currently have everything on high, what should i put on/off and on low or 4x ect?

i know grass and lighting play parts but be good to hear what settings i really should have to make it better

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: hi seeing people better
« Reply #1 on: 31-08-2010, 16:08:15 »
But then you won't enjoy the beauty of FH2 if you turn down the settings. It isn't worth it for the few times somebody is hiding in the grass.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-08-2010, 16:08:51 »
Why on earth would you want to do that?
Nice graphics are much more worth it than playing on sucky graphics just to kill one guy more in a round.

Edit: What NTH said.
If you really want to have your eyes bleed, then go ahead and put everything on low. And don't forget to switch off shadows and lights effects .
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-08-2010, 17:08:50 »
I suck at spotting people too, but I wouldnt sacrifice beauty over a couple of more lucky kills.

Offline Limonero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31-08-2010, 17:08:15 »
And remember that 2.3 (the upcoming release) will have new grass that won´t allow people to hide at it.

Offline Viktor2a5

• Act natural act natural. We've done nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31-08-2010, 18:08:14 »
You dont wish to play on low (I do  :P)

Sometimes when you see an enemy far away, and you shoot like 3 - 4 times, you think WTF! and take you binocs, just to see the wall he was behind...

Offline Unleashed

• apocalyptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-08-2010, 21:08:09 »
And don't forget to switch off shadows and lights effects .

you wouldn't want to do that, they can be helpful^^

but seriously, I couldn't bring myself to turn the settings down again. I mean, comparing how fh2 looked on my old pc and how it looks now... it's like comparing COD1 and MW2!
I wanna dance with the sun - reborn as a flame
This is the final chance - for glory and victory
I feel the honey in my veins - so bitter and so sweet
I wanna see the eagles fly - before I depart to die.

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-09-2010, 03:09:49 »
one thing to do is make sure texture is low, this will remove grass, and make geometry high, this will make sure the lines are correct at long distance and you are shooting where you think you are.
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-09-2010, 08:09:40 »
Grass isnt so much your problem shadowcreaper. If you think you will have a better FH experience by getting rid of the grass, you will find out you are wrong. BF2 has a FoV (Field of View) that makes players small at distances of just 100m. Add the complex (and sometimes disorienting) FH leveldesigns and you will always have a problem/issue knowing where to shoot at dudes.

My suggestion is: play it cool  :) if there is one thing you can always, always rely on in FH, it's that if you are attacking a flagzone, there are dudes there waiting for you. They are proning in the best possible place, just waiting to put on in your skull. And if you are in a tank, you can bet each AT gun is manned with a dude who knows exactly where your tank sillhoutte will appear.
 With this reassurance, you will approach them with more care. Think first before you move, and you will have a better time playing.
The most fun things in multiplayer games is not to kill the enemies, it is to outsmart them. To know that your actions were better planned/executed than the enemy. The kill is just the closure, but the real thrill/adrenaline rush is the gameplay leading up to the kill (like sex almost..err....)

So if you learn the maps and just reduce your speed with 50%, the game will become 1000% more fun. When I realised this 6 years ago playing FH1, I was blown away by how cool it was.

Move slow and look far is the key to a good infantry-time in FH2.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-09-2010, 09:09:56 »
I can vow for everything that natty posted.
Yesterday we had an awesome time on Totalize by outsmarting the enemy and wining 9-0 after a score of 180-250 which looked like a good loss. I had a K/D of 19/23, but I still had the time of my life sneaking up through the middle of the map in the V36 Dieselengine and caping a flag using 2 guys with satchel charges to take down the defending PzIV.  ;D

Or what I loved to do was to hide a Crusader in a barn and then manage to kill a Panther and a StuG by shooting out through the windows. Epic fun. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off