Author Topic: Ogledow unofficial Coop Support now available!)  (Read 7270 times)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
Re: Ogledow unofficial Coop Support now available!)
« Reply #30 on: 07-04-2020, 09:04:06 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:14 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07-04-2020, 17:04:41 »
Cool Stuff. Did you ever join Discord? I can't recall. If not, please do and talk to me so i can include your AI files into CMP mod directly.

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08-04-2020, 03:04:44 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:25 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #33 on: 10-04-2020, 21:04:31 »
What is the issue?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11-04-2020, 09:04:33 »
I just downloaded your Ogledow 0.3, was taking a peek in EF_Coop_fix_server.zip and noticed the panzer38t folder. Checked to make sure it was coded for AI, it was, couldn't help myself & added to one of my own custom maps to test it and of course it works beautifully...
wait, what? Panzer 38(t)? where did you get it exactly? can you post some screenshots?  ;)

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-04-2020, 10:04:14 »
Anyway, I'm off to finally check out your coop Ogledow. If you want I can help with some of it. The kit limits in the the mapdata.py aren't setup for co-op. I started navmeshing the Eastern Front maps + a few CMP maps along with coding all of the CMP vehicles for AI (that needed it) a few months ago when my PC died. I just got a new one a couple of weeks ago so now I can finally resume the project.

It would be awesome if you make more maps available for co-op!

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13-04-2020, 09:04:37 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:34 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-04-2020, 15:04:16 »
That one is from Battlegroup Frontlines.  https://battlegroup42.fandom.com/wiki/Panzer_38(t) but also made by our FH2 dev Kratzer. I’m not sure how it got released. Ik that the BGF devs have allowed some of their models to be used freely by anyone, but not all of them. Maybe this one is on the list.

I’d assume it doesn’t work like other FH2 tanks with proper sights etc...
« Last Edit: 13-04-2020, 15:04:35 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13-04-2020, 17:04:40 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:42 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-04-2020, 18:04:39 »
Yea, their T-26 and KV-2 I’ve seen passed around in a few mods. Their BT-7, T-26 & Polikarpov I-16 from the BF2 mod were used in the custom Khalkhin Gol map, but they still needed a lot of work.

Wonder if anyone got permission to port their Pz 35(t)

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14-04-2020, 04:04:44 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 04:06:52 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Gregb1955

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14-04-2020, 10:04:25 »
I believe that there are a lot of closet co-op players. ( with bots) I am one of them.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14-04-2020, 14:04:11 »
The main thing which made me believe the Panzer 38(t) was made by Toddel is that in the panzer38t.tweak it says
Code: [Select]
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "Thorsten" That led me to believe he was involved in one way or another. Whereas the BGF files say
Code: [Select]
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "Sarge31FR" the BGF dev.

Sometimes, when I’m exporting a weapon or vehicle etc... I’ll copy the tweak file from something similar and change stuff from there, and that usually includes copying the name. Pretty sure if you go into the Centaur IV tweak file whenever the next release comes out it’ll say like “Natty” or someone did it even tho he’s not around anymore ;D but he (probably) did most of the work on the vehicle that I copied from.

I've been wanting to look into what is required in order to port vehicles from FH1 to FH2. I know it isn't a simple process, but there isn't really anything I'm incapable of learning as long as I have access to the right tools. IE software like 3ds Max 9 which is no longer supported thus I have been unable to purchase or obtain a license for it. (This is what I've been told by a Project Reality dev, that only Max 9 is compatible with BF2 tools) That puts a massive entry barrier on new FH2 developers as 3ds Max 9 is required, thus even if someone knows how to use 3ds Max 9 they'll be unable to create new models, animations, etc. for FH2.

You can use the import/ export tools for newer versions of 3DsMax now. Check out this thread https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145720

I’m not sure how to import models from BF1942 into 3DsMax, but I think there’s import tools out here somewhere. Check out here I think http://bfmods.com/mdt/Tutorials/Editing%20Models/3D%20-%20Standard%20Mesh.html

And then from there, you just treat it as a new model and set it up for export into BF2. Ive only ever imported a few hand weapons and 1 vehicle into BF2 at this point. And the tracked vehicles are pretty complicated, but we have a workshop channel on our discord where you can go and ask questions etc... it’s very helpful.

The devs and especially the guys who mod CMP are always on the lookout for people who can export from FHSW and import into BF2.

All of the work I've done with FH2 co-op was initially just for my own personal use as I have a lot of fun playing FH2 co-op & wanted to improve upon/customize several things. I didn't put much thought into uploading it for others to play as I had seen several posts here saying no one plays co-op, thus it isn't worth working on. However since then I've seen quite a few members show interest in co-op. Darman's thread on the unofficial EF co-op maps has been viewed 40379 times, so it seems there might be a handful of co-op players who simply don't participate in the community. If even 0.5% of that number play co-op then that's still over 200 people (I'm aware that's just the view count, which is why I chose such a tiny percentage for my guess.) I didn't have a PC for months so I wasn't able to get much done over that timespan until recently when I finally got a new one. The CMP devs are interested in co-op so I've been working on getting a package of the CMP things I've coded for AI together + the navmeshes I've generated for it.

We certainly could use someone who knows Navmeshing and COOP development in general. There’s a huge chunk of our player base that only plays COOP but we don’t really have many devs who know how to mod that stuff and have the time to do it.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17-04-2020, 10:04:14 »
That Panzer38(t) looks pretty cool. And yes there are a lot of people who enjoy co-op. I'm one of them and am looking forward to your work. Thanks a lot for putting the time and effort into this!

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17-04-2020, 13:04:57 »
The Hummel says "jbp" in the .tweak and "Phil" in the .con so presumably it's an official FH2 vehicle as well? Neither of these vehicles are included in the official FH2 files nor CMP.

So what's the story with the Hummel... ? Another imported model or not really?