Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 63308 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #30 on: 23-01-2011, 01:01:46 »
Coop would indeed be awesome. But I'd also love a Stalker MMO. Imagine having the Zone ran by players belonging to different factions, fighting over territories in order to reach your faction goals. I'd fap for that.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23-01-2011, 01:01:45 »
Well afaik there is "Coop" in SoC, but not Over MP D:

Afaik, again, Oblivion Lost enables NPCs to follow you (Pretty much like in CoP, when you get a group of Stalkers to follow you to Pripyat) but i dont know if its buggy or not (heard it was), what i know, is that Supermod is doing this thing again in their 2.5 Version, that'll be hopefully, relased soon. Cant check out now, Modb doesnt let me log in or view mods in their Website so im Stuck.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26-01-2011, 19:01:55 »
Tried Oblivion Lost yesterday, after beating the Game in Complete, i will beat the game again in OL, this time with Chimeras thingies, Dwarfs and new shit.

The thing i LOVE are the weapons. They're lovely.

First mission and the Wolf dude gave me a Arisaka Carabine o_O, then i found a AKM, later i killed a bandit and the boy had a PPSH-41 O_O, then i found the first trader sells...

Lewis, BAR, Thompson, StG44, Mosin Nagant, Mosin Nagant Sniper, K98, SKS, Arisaka these weapons to kill rare mutants and stupid monoliths assholes! woo

And i know the barman sells a PPD-40 :O

I bought the StG44 straight, sadly i dont like its animations and sounds, so its not worth but i just have it for the lulz.

Blowouts or Emissions are great in this Mod, after these emissions are over, you get insta pwned by Controllers, Zombies and sometimes Izlom dudes. Its just awesome. I had one night with some Duty guys in Army Warehouses, we had a blowout, we returned to the campfire and we were attacked by a controller and a few zombies. Later on, the surviving Dutys went towards the abandonned village and i got attacked by something i couldnt even see, it was 03:00 AM (Worst time to go out for loot) and that thing killed me ;__;

Couldnt kill it with mah ppsh!1

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26-01-2011, 19:01:46 »
So you recommend Oblivion Lost? I only tried it once and didnt really fancy it but I tried it very briefly. Could you toss me a download link? :)

I think I want to try this now. :D

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26-01-2011, 19:01:36 »
What kind of game is S.T.A.L.K.E.R? Do you have free roam abilities and have multiple ways to accomplish your objectives? How is it played, what limits are there...etc?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26-01-2011, 19:01:38 »
Sure, if you have a good PC you can run it well. It says it requires like 4GB of RAM wich i really dont believe its true. Fraps tells me it runs at 20-23FPS, Complete runs around 30-35FPS and Clar Sky with that Dynamic Lighting thingy, at 20FPS.

I dont trust Fraps, i can see almost no difference between the FPS in Complete or Oblivion Lost.

OL main DL links seem to be down, and noone is doing nothing to get them back up, i wanted to DL it like a week ago, JDownloader loeaded them or something but they suddenly stopped, since then i still get the File Server Busy thingy. I'll give you this links

http://www.multiupload.com/WT568FIUX8
http://www.multiupload.com/ICHX8ZQ3PF
http://www.multiupload.com/I4TGSP2K7K
http://www.multiupload.com/2PQNIDQU51
http://www.multiupload.com/GO2X3QN0HH
http://www.multiupload.com/7C3FCD1HHR

I must tell you, Complete is 100% more stable than OL, in my PC it crashes often and Complete (In +100 Playing Hours with it) crashed around 4 Times or something. OL has like 15 by now and i just finished the Agroprom Underground Mission.

Yes Odball, its some sort of Freeplay game. Survival actually, finding food, ammo or anti-radioactive drugs and stuff like that, finding a safe place to spend a night or sleep. Its an awesome game because theres just a few, Free Roam, Survival games and the few you can see are just not that free roam (excluding Fallout) and i believe noone of them is set in modern times with actual weapons and stuff.

I think CoP is more "dynamic" than Shadow of Chernobyl, i mean in Call of Pripyat you have people walking around and mutants moving from place to place, not standing idle like it happens in SoC.

----

I was quite dissapointed with SoC's Pripyat, its too small and theres enemies everywhere!, in the center you have Monolith's HQ, South some Monoliths and a few Loners, North some Pseudogiants and more Monoliths.. i will wait for CoP's Complete and see the so called Pripyat city...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26-01-2011, 19:01:55 »
Stalker has never crashed for me. Not with Complete 09 mod or without.

Thanks for the links Torenico!

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26-01-2011, 19:01:51 »
WTF,Torenico???

What Oblivion Lost are you playing????

I used to play Oblivion Lost U.L.T.I.M.A.T.E and it had a bunch of wepons,even K98,PKM,MAC-10,PPD and the czech version of AK-47,but not too exotic things!
SKS,OMG! I want it! Do they have the DP-28 too?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26-01-2011, 20:01:09 »
Will install SuperMod 2.4 now, i want it because it has a MG3, MG34 and moar gunz :)

V2.5 Features
*Uses Oblivion Lost 2.2 as base To know what's OL does look here Stalker.filefront.com *It comes with OL2.2 no need to download it*
*Random Weapons - Stalkers now have a list of weapons to spawn with based on their rank,faction
and proablility
*Redone Arena using the arena extension mod  it allows dynamic generation of new random battles, Arnie has a life now instead of sitting in his little corner of the arena, battles against mutants are now possible, and so is weapon selection
*Over 150 new weapons  + Variations
*Factions are unlocked and will try to Capture points throughout game
*Redone AI Rifle Butting, AIs looting and many more AI features
*Car Driving
*Atlas Mod- Spawn Mutants,NPCs and weapons
*Redone Weather
*High Res Reskins For the game (Full Version Only)
*New Shader effects using the Sky4ce mod making the game look 2x as good
*Redone Sound effects from everything from ambient sounds to guns hook up your 5.1s and enjoy
*Ragdol Mod - Redone physics for mutants and humans
*Friendly NPCs can Follow and protect you (OL2.2 Feature)
*Redone weapon Ballistics - no more shooting an enemy 10 times with a shotgun in order to bring him down
*Redone Weapon Scopes- like in COD 4 without the relentless grenade spam
*And Many more Features just download and findout for yourself

*HUGE IMAGE IS HUGE*

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/13/12551/Version25beta2.jpg

What Kar98, is that bad or good? D: I dled OL 2010 and i seen a big bunch of weapons. And no, sadly theres no DP28, but it'll be awesome to see it tho :D

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-soc-oblivion-lost-2010/images/ol10-ui-icon-equipment-model#imagebox

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26-01-2011, 20:01:22 »
What kind of game is S.T.A.L.K.E.R? Do you have free roam abilities and have multiple ways to accomplish your objectives? How is it played, what limits are there...etc?

Has been asked sooooooooo often.

Imagine some kind of free roam on a Battlefield map. Which means you can lurk enemies or attack them from behind. Several maps are connected with transitions to represent a complete area. You have a main storyline leading you through the levels. Apart from the main story which is rather easy to follow/solve there are side missions not necessarily to be solved that grant extra money or objects. Sometimes you can choose between good and evil, for example when it comes to working with bandits, and even in between by joining factions with different alignments, goals and inner organization structure.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27-01-2011, 00:01:43 »
Mah,Kar 98 and Mosin Nagant are kinda crappy,because they set the handling of these guns to zero,so you turn slowly with it,but K 98 haves a great firepower.
Infortunately,Mosin Nagant is weak,that makes no sense at all,since both guns have similar caliber.

Bar is shitty as well,it should a lot stronger.The P-38 otherwise is pretty strong,as the Broning Hi Power is.

This mod I have installed makes the player as vulnerable as the enemies.It´s life or death.No armor can save you.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27-01-2011, 00:01:46 »
Yeah i noticed that. I found some badass soldiers in Cordon, quick save and i attacked them with a stolen Sniper SIG SG550, got one of them and i made a little mistake, i just ran towards a rock to save some ammo, and the Soldier with the Kriss thingy just pwned me.

I just had an awesome attack on Freedom base. Blowout and then, Zombies and a Controller came rushing from the main entrance (And the only one :D). Freedom guys went MAD, Skinflint the gun dealer (Sells SCARS and probably a Steyr Aug later, with many other NATO guns) died in his spot, the first guards were insta pwned, i ran towards the barracks when the Freedom leader, Lukash came out from the building with his Bodyguard, a dude with a Exoesqueleton in a good move, trying to keep the controller out of the main building, hell i just seen these two guys rushing and shooting the controller and zombies... fap.

I got psiattacked by that controller and got surrounded by 3 Zombies, no big deal for me and my M16A2 bro!, killed two zombies, saved a Freedom dude from death then killed the Controller with a USP .45 Hydroshock Rounds.

Then i alt tabbed the game and fapfapfapfapfapfapfaped and im writing this., now i'll load a save because they killed the gun dealer ;___;

I was playing with a friend over Skype and he told me the K98 is awesome, almost no deviation at all and you can buy a Scope for it. But i'll make a stash with all the WW2 weapons you can get. i mean ALL

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30-01-2011, 19:01:17 »
From Complete mod author "Artistpavel" comes a new comment regarding upcoming release of Call of Pripyat Complete:

Weeks or days, if you've been holding off to playing this game, now it's a good time to wait.

Source: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete

This is great news. I just started CoP again after a long time but I didnt play it far so Im not going to miss anything I've done so far. Cant wait!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30-01-2011, 19:01:22 »
Oouhh<3

I tried CoP Vanilla and i dont like it, at all. Well i dont play Vanillas often so, great news!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 30-01-2011, 19:01:25 »
Oh CoP vanilla was good, I liked it. But I'll wait for Complete before I replay it.  ;D