Author Topic: French Hope  (Read 114603 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: French Hope
« Reply #495 on: 06-09-2011, 00:09:02 »
I have these maps and ran around on them and all I thought was "lol two whole teams could run past each pther here without ever seeing each other."

I somehow believe things like that happened on more than a few occasions IRL... It would make scouting more important IMO, and squad leaders could plan their moves and maneuvers instead of always having to choose between the same 3 paths...

Well we all have our childhood believes, but the devs' knowledge about how decent maps work made them turn down the french Hope ones.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 06-09-2011, 01:09:39 »
So, whats going to happen with the models?
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 06-09-2011, 02:09:27 »
I wasnt aware they were outright rejected, I thought perhaps they could work with enlarged OOB areas. But I also thought when I tested them that they were too large and action would be too spread out. But if they work as you say, then why not have a public playtest with 64 players that are not organized, that will spread out? If it works maybe the devs will reconsider.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 06-09-2011, 07:09:40 »
All the French Hope Devs Want a beta test. We're ready (maps are uploaded).
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #499 on: 06-09-2011, 12:09:23 »
you should know, that the publicForum is not the right place to discuss stuff like that.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 06-09-2011, 14:09:07 »
I think, the comparison of Brest with one of these maps is a bit senseless, since the intention of the mappers seem to be very different. Brest is a real CQ map and Sedan seems to be more a huge map with a mix of CQ in the middle of it and some space for tank combat around the city. It is not a bad design and I would like to see and test these maps. I like maps with alot of space for tactical movements - it is simply Battlefield. If I want tinny maps with inf only and channel design I can play BC2 or CoD. Maps like Tunis, Brest or Ramelle are very special ones, but I think they should not be the standard. And to say that Bastogne is too big is nonsense. No map in FH2 is too big. It offers alot of possibilities. You can have fun with around 6 people on maps like Gazala or Cobra. You have something that I sometimes miss on maps like Brest and it is called freedom.

Btw: I mostly feel, that Brest is too small for good gameplay and I think alot of players see it this way. It is always a rape against the last german flag with no alternatives to make a move - it is simply spawn, die, spawn, die ...

On a final note: I really support a public beta test to see how it works with 64 players ore some less. At the end it is ofcourse the final desicion of the devs, but I think to make this beta test as a kind of feedback couln't hurt. And new stuff is always good to attract new players. In wich game can you play with all this french stuff? In no game (BF42 mods excluded). ;)
« Last Edit: 06-09-2011, 14:09:20 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 06-09-2011, 17:09:13 »
I've to apologize for the outbreak, i was a little bit exceeded and i wanted to see the comments of some of you.

New arguments had appeared. It's really nice.

Hopefully, our maps are big, (maybe too big), not too small.

We're able to find a compromise, a very good mutual agriment. It will pleased Devs, French Hope staff and players of the community. We've to learn from each other

Sorry again, let's talk !
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 06-09-2011, 20:09:47 »
    I liked Bf1942 because the battles are on a BIG map. If I want to play CQB, I will go play Call of Dicks, not FH2. Ramelle and Brest are beautifull, but are too smalls, grenade festival, SL camper spawnpoint, and the thing that I hate the most: one team always get streamrolled(no possibility of an interresting battle). We need maps where Infantry and Tanks have a lot of space to maneuver, plus supported by planes. We need big maps for this. Some CQB can be nice(Giarabub, Fall of Tobruk), but FH2(and Bf1942, Bf2) is supposed to be played with Infantry + tanks + planes.

I totally support the idea to try thoses map on a public server, since FH2 is mostly played on public servers, AFTER that, we will see if thoses maps are too big.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 06-09-2011, 22:09:33 »
I have these maps and ran around on them and all I thought was "lol two whole teams could run past each pther here without ever seeing each other."

I've only played Dynamo with push but it didn't seemed too big at all. It was kind of like Siege of Tobruk with lots of planes... Of course counterattacks are harder because the map is bigger but it fits with the defence of Dunkirk situation so it is fine. I see how 4km maps can be too big, but big 2km maps are good, especially with the 128 players servers coming up. Anyway, with the push I hardly see two 32p teams run past each other like you said...
« Last Edit: 06-09-2011, 22:09:32 by Beaufort »

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 11-09-2011, 17:09:31 »
im confused. Did the devs reject everything? IF they did then whats going to happen? I hope all the models dont go to waste.. im loking foward to driving a charB1!  You probably can bring them to WAW to try them out. we are always looking for maps!
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 11-09-2011, 18:09:00 »
 Due to the long development of French Hope,

Vaporware Inc. has acquired the rights with a tenative release date of never......

j/k
:P

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #506 on: 11-09-2011, 19:09:45 »
World at War is always interested in new maps, especially large once with spread out flags. Seems like that's what you're going for.

We could try and arrange a betatest on some of these maps with our members and run some organized scrims on it.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 12-09-2011, 08:09:10 »
im confused. Did the devs reject everything? IF they did then whats going to happen? I hope all the models dont go to waste.. im loking foward to driving a charB1!  You probably can bring them to WAW to try them out. we are always looking for maps!

I wonder where this rumour came from. As far as I know the devs did not 'reject' everything. It was just stated that the maps weren't up to par yet and that the work needed to bring them there still has to be done.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 14-09-2011, 11:09:49 »
to the ones that say "stonne is to big" that is PURE bullshit. then you dont know at ALL how the map works. neither have ANYONE IN THE INTERNAL asked. now stfu about that.

Biiviz

« Reply #509 on: 14-09-2011, 14:09:25 »
The reason this should be kept internal is to avoid stupid discussions... like this one.