Author Topic: Some newbie questions  (Read 2253 times)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Some newbie questions
« Reply #15 on: 01-01-2011, 11:01:35 »
...12) FH2 doesn't like processor overclocking, i take?
I've never had a problem running it on an overclocked CPU...but then I've never used software to OC a CPU, I always do it through the BIOS.

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02-01-2011, 10:01:29 »
15)  Is there a way to "dial in" the distance for German tank optics in like in RO and DH? I can see the distance scale in the optics but i haven't found a key to alter it.

16) When you are in a tank, is there a way to use binoculars without jumping out of the tank?

17) how do you turn off death messages, and move chat box to a different location in the screen?

18) is there some special trick to prime a nade?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-01-2011, 11:01:56 »
15) Not AFAIK.

16) See 15.

17) There is a way to remove the K/D messages, but I'm not sure how. Hang on...something like this?

- http://fhwiki.warumdarum.de/w/Immersive_Mode

18) Prime grenades? C'mon mate, now ya gettin' fancy, just throw the fuckin thing will ya?

Seriously though, I think you have to hold the mouse button down to prime it...

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-01-2011, 12:01:58 »
Immersive mode doesnt remove DMs.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-01-2011, 12:01:35 »
Prime nades works on the British sticky bombs. Hold right mouse button, release when you want to throw.
It's not exactly priming since you can hold it indefinitely.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline JoHnNiEE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-01-2011, 14:01:41 »
hey guys, I need some help, it would be great if some of you could solve my problem. So ,  I just downloaded the new 2.3 version, installed according to the tutorial (steam version) after starting the game, joining to a server an error message greets me: You do not have the map rotated on the server.. etc, or smth like that, so my problem is that I dont have any maps for the game. How can that be? I downloaded the right full version installed, according to the right method, and i cant play because I dont have the maps? any idea? thanks
----------------------
PROBLEM SOLVED
« Last Edit: 02-01-2011, 15:01:20 by JoHnNiEE »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-01-2011, 23:01:59 »
----------------------
PROBLEM SOLVED

Problem solved? Were you missing part2 of the installer? :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-01-2011, 10:01:41 »
I'm sure I read something about removing/editing those messages (the ones in the top corner) ages ago over on BFSP.

Might be worth asking about it over there...

- http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-01-2011, 19:01:49 »
1) Is there some easy way to get vsync on with windows 7 and hd4850? And I mean some config file line type of thingy. So far i've tried some stuff that i found from interweb though without luck.

Self-answering:

D3Doverider that comes with Rivatuner seems to do the trick without crashing FH2.

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05-01-2011, 00:01:24 »

5) Can I just install "student" version of the BF2 and use the cd-key from steam cos Steam + bf2 = grey hair
Or is that cd-key some steam only whatnot code...?

Chatting with EA support person (*) i got a new cd-key that works with EA download manager so i could use it to dl BF2 and install it outside of steam, and now i can single click FH2.exe to play fh2 and i dont have manually change shaders to play bf2-vanilla etc... \o/

* http://support.ea.com/app/chat/livechat_landing

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05-01-2011, 08:01:15 »
Great news! :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-01-2011, 10:01:00 »
1) Is there some easy way to get vsync on with windows 7 and hd4850? And I mean some config file line type of thingy. So far i've tried some stuff that i found from interweb though without luck.

Self-answering:

D3Doverider that comes with Rivatuner seems to do the trick without crashing FH2.

I have to add that sometime D3DOverider as well makes the BF2.exe crash when trying to start the FH2.
I would still appreciate if someone knew a way to force the v-sync thru config files.