Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 20th August 2009: Total War  (Read 31781 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 20th August 2009: Total War
« Reply #195 on: 24-08-2009, 13:08:42 »
Flamethrowers :P i love that bloody thing, you guys are in for a bloody threet i ran around alone burning evrything on a map for more then 1 houer, first time i tryied it. there is no other way to send people to hell then using the flames of hell to cleanse there soules first. ;) There is no escaping.

Next time check if you won't spoil any surprises or you can tell them accidently about the maus.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 24-08-2009, 13:08:11 »
I caught a documentary yesterday where they demonstrated the use of ancient bycantine flame-throwers. It was almost surreal, imagining soldiers in old armor and stuff running around with flamethrowers.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:44 »
Was it by chance this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aph-3zEacuw&feature=related
It is indeed quite remarkable to imagine something like that happening so long ago. :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:58 »
Actually, it was a German program, but they reused much of the footage (for example the chap with the flamethrower)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:27 »
I caught a documentary yesterday where they demonstrated the use of ancient bycantine flame-throwers. It was almost surreal, imagining soldiers in old armor and stuff running around with flamethrowers.
Guess you've never played medieval 2 total war :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxnxieffejI
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:27 »

As a matter of fact I have, but I think the flamethrowers were added in an addon. The facts in the documentary were not new to me, it still remains weird and fantastic.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:27 »

As a matter of fact I have, but I think the flamethrowers were added in an addon. The facts in the documentary were not new to me, it still remains weird and fantastic.
(ah yes, I was certain that you've been in on one of the many TW discussions), yes it was probably added in the expansion Kingdoms I guess...
But you speak the truth, the fact is very fascinating and weird at the same time!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:48 »

They invented flamethrowers but couldn't draw them for shit

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:43 »
Flamethrowers AND to have viking axemen for the emperor's bodyguard unit. That's pretty cool.

Almost as cool as flamethrowers in FH2 o/
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:47 »
Can we have Viking axemen in FH2?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 24-08-2009, 14:08:47 »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 24-08-2009, 16:08:35 »
Can we have Viking axemen in FH2?
I second that!

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 24-08-2009, 19:08:45 »
Yes, Flippy... I was refering to Todtenbrüchearlier... Lovely map... Not sure how it plays in MP, but in SP, with those lobing 88s and costant arty fire, it was murder! Loved the intensity... with spliters from tress flying ever which wat...

As I recall it was mostly fun, but a little unstable. I believe it was bugged in that it was a push map, but it was possible to cap the flags in the wrong order, thereby rendering all flags uncapable.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 24-08-2009, 19:08:35 »
It was bugged because there were two flags that could be capped at the same time (both labeled 3, or something).  It was common that the entire US army would attack one of them head on, while the entire German army would attack from the other one to the undefended previous flag, and both flags would be capped almost simultaneously, thus breaking the map because no other flag could be capped.

Luckily, the Push code in FH2 is more lenient when things like this happen.  I've yet to see any map (even the complicated Push on the two Tobruk maps) be irreparably broken because two flags have been capped simultaneously (it happened very often in FH1).

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 25-08-2009, 01:08:36 »
We are at the moment not making any official comments regarding a possible releasedate.

With the exception of the release week, do we ever?

Nope, two weeks later. During that time, we all who already have it play on hslan, laughing at you guys searching the whole internet for the 2.2 patch.