Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236290 times)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #1320 on: 01-10-2011, 23:10:54 »

PWNED. 8)

Not really. I may be expressful in my posts. But clearly I am not the only one who think what I think, and no, it isnt just some 25 or 30 dudes, they are hundreds of them making the same complains. Now, dont quote me here, Im tired of the "internet discussion" whatever you think Im not trying to make games and I dont say that I can make games better than them. Likewise, we as the community are complaining about the GAMEPLAY wise decisions in game. That's all, yes you're right, I could express myself better and with less anger, but it angers me that, the core gameplay aspects are being stripped away. You may be comfortable with for example, the social button of BC2, where all the commands were simplified, it didnt work as expected, then for BF3, DICE wanted to remove commorose all together, the community answered, and then they decided to make their decisions.

If you dont make your voice hear, then you're doomed to follow the same river, simple as that.

Then again, I am not a troll, just a worried fan of the series, and Im seeing how all the classic aspect of the game are changed or simplified. Cant I be angry because of it? Cant I being pissed off at all those changes that make the core gameplay more simplified for new scrubs? Im sorry, but I cant take it. And since I know that DICE will barely hear our opinion as the community, then simple as that, I will not buy the game...

However, if they make mod tools or the community do their own mod tools, then I'll buy it.

Now stop quoting. Whatever you win, let's make a party  ;D

Offline HadrianBT

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 02-10-2011, 00:10:04 »
+100 to Lightning!
How did they dare to call this "Origin". Origin (graphs) is my favorite software of all time (except that version 6.1 is still much better than version 8.0 and above).

2Natty:
Imagine somebody would say, isn't sales tax awesome? Come on, millions of people pay it. I think they just love it!
Well, you said exactly the same about Origin. I'm sure if you can avoid paying this tax, you would by just buying online. Yet, it is not possible to avoid Origin. Which is no way a reason to declare that the idea is great.
You are completely entitled to defending Origin (if fact, you probably should do this, if you are a loyal employee, even if not directly enforced by the company), as well as every other person is entitled to the right to declare Origin shit.
Proud member of CWC dev team (voice-recording).
"im sorry,but you sound like an old grumpy man listening to rock music" AngryBeaver
"Some argue that the only thing in the world you cannot get used to is an icicle up yours, because it will melt" Kelmola

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 02-10-2011, 00:10:54 »
As there is lack of support for 128 players, I actually believe dice is on the wrong track once more. Walking in the footsteps of John Carmack, slowly getting old. Meanwhile getting paid by the console industry for not raising any standards.

Well, the CoD kiddies will buy BF3 either way.

As there is no support for Windows XP, I'm outta this anyway. Could be worse. The only thing I would be interested in is the destructible environment.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #1323 on: 02-10-2011, 00:10:14 »
2Natty:
Imagine somebody would say, isn't sales tax awesome? Come on, millions of people pay it. I think they just love it!

Irony.

For this some odd reason if mainland finns orders something that's under 44 and something euros from Aland we don't need to pay sales taxes. You can fit into that category almost any game for any platform.
CMP Gaming

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 02-10-2011, 01:10:13 »
As there is lack of support for 128 players, I actually believe dice is on the wrong track once more. Walking in the footsteps of John Carmack, slowly getting old. Meanwhile getting paid by the console industry for not raising any standards.

Well, the CoD kiddies will buy BF3 either way.

As there is no support for Windows XP, I'm outta this anyway. Could be worse. The only thing I would be interested in is the destructible environment.

I think it's time to update  ;) And well, files were leaked...let's see what release brings.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: 02-10-2011, 01:10:42 »
aparantly , now everyone can create a server , just like old times

oh DICE, you made us think you were gridy and only allowing us to paid if we wanted a sever!

how wrong we were =D

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 02-10-2011, 01:10:16 »
Btw:

Originally posted by SWIZZ=kettcar=
looks like the bf community take what they need :D

"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 02-10-2011, 01:10:07 »
Yup, no HUD on the hacked servers, and you might get banned of the BETA if you join them.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 02-10-2011, 02:10:28 »
NOW i want to play that ;p

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 02-10-2011, 03:10:17 »
had this happen to me today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFVIpQ2rff4
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 02-10-2011, 04:10:38 »
Yup, no HUD on the hacked servers, and you might get banned of the BETA if you join them.
http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120182322803900416
Be careful. EA/DICE donĀ“t like what the community does. Apparently only BF/DICE-sanctioned-content is "real" content, while the rest is a blasphemy.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 02-10-2011, 04:10:30 »
God forbid you use community created content

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 02-10-2011, 06:10:17 »
I don't have any interest in BF3 but 128 players make me so curious that I can't resist to download it.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 02-10-2011, 07:10:42 »
aparantly , now everyone can create a server , just like old times

oh DICE, you made us think you were gridy and only allowing us to paid if we wanted a sever!

how wrong we were =D

Just a question.... are you even aware of the fact that they aren't playing BF3...? it's a beta, not the final product... ofcourse you can hack and change stuff in beta's, it's not final. You ever played any beta before? this kind of lulz is common in betas. ::)

You are so naive it's almost cute, you actually believe, that the hacker managed to break the server program, so that anyone can run a BF3 server... just lol.... release is a few weeks away, say bye to hacked servers then... and even if some godly miracle the producers still allow content to be hacked, and you can run an unranked hacked bf3 server... who wants to play on it?  :P would you play with those players...? Is that the kind of person you are? nice to know.

ofcourse only EA content is real, it's their game... it's the same with our mod, just because someone makes a custom map at home for fh2, doesnt make it an FH2 map. Only things we release officially inour mod is real, the rest is labeled as custom.

And about what someone said about negative comments on the battlefield facebook page... seriously.. *facepalm*... do you even read that? that page has 1,5 million followers.... most of those dudes dont even understand that it's a beta they play.. I just scrolled through some of the comments there, you guys don't see what happens there? It's just a flood of comments, way too many to even be noticed, it's like chatter on a street, it drowns immediately in the massive flow. Some time there is some dude who tries to explain to the others that "it's just a beta" but no one reads that... So if you take that as actual negative opinions about the game, then you simply don't understand how the internet works  ;)
« Last Edit: 02-10-2011, 08:10:15 by Natty »

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 02-10-2011, 08:10:51 »
 I was in on the Bf42 Alpha and Beta's and they didn't have any community hacks.

Sometimes you treat us like we don't know shit Natty and it is terribly insulting to the very people who gave you your job in the first place. (as a modder, you should have much more respect for community drriven content).

As an aside, this game of Fh2 would be a hell of a lot more fun if you guys stopped using the douchebag argument that only your stuff is 'official'.

Officially, the most fun that I have had in this mod for a long while has come from the very generous contributions of the WaW mapping team. Maybe they should become more 'official' and you should become less 'anal retentive'.

Nuff said, I love this game but arrogance is just that, a demonstration of your so-called superiority over the people who keep your beloved game alive. Sow us some respect and stop acting like you are the be-all and end-all to this game.

This creation is kept alive by the fan's, not by your so called masterplan/game design...
My Quebec includes Canada