Author Topic: Pak 36 with Stielgranate 41  (Read 15931 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: Pak 36 with Stielgranate 41
« Reply #15 on: 01-11-2009, 19:11:28 »
Fast PaK 36 eh?

I can imagine myself scouting for enemy movements behind the lines, suddenly I see 2 vehicles coming towards me. I pull out my binocs to see them better and sigh for relief. Its just Kübbelwagen and Pak 36 racing against eachother  ;D

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-11-2009, 19:11:52 »
lmao, not that fast.  More like halfway between walking and sprint.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-11-2009, 00:11:30 »
Uh, so while pushing an AT gun around you walk faster than you normally would? Riiiiight....

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-11-2009, 00:11:56 »
Uh, so while pushing an AT gun around you walk faster than you normally would? Riiiiight....

If you want to go even faster, push the pak into the rail roads to travel safe and fast.  ;D

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-11-2009, 00:11:15 »
The momentum built up from getting something like that moving would inevitably gain a fair amount of speed, even on flat or slightly inclined land.  Like a roller coaster.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-11-2009, 00:11:21 »

No, I'm refering to the fact that when you're actually moving an AT gun, you technically move it backwards, with two crewmen holding the trails up, and two pushing the shield/pressing down on the barrel to help balance the load.  When you do that, you can pick it up and sprint with it, I remember doing that fo about 200 yards at one battle when we were retreated.  We picked it up and ran with it.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-11-2009, 00:11:48 »

No, I'm refering to the fact that when you're actually moving an AT gun, you technically move it backwards, with two crewmen holding the trails up, and two pushing the shield/pressing down on the barrel to help balance the load.  When you do that, you can pick it up and sprint with it, I remember doing that fo about 200 yards at one battle when we were retreated.  We picked it up and ran with it.

I would like 2 crews in AT guns  now then. 1 but you cant sprint just push the thing like you do in FH2. 2 crew then you can sprint with it and load faster.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-11-2009, 00:11:55 »
Ok, then who is gonna volunteer to sit in a position and do nothing.  Sorry, but games don't work like real life.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-11-2009, 01:11:23 »
Ok, then who is gonna volunteer to sit in a position and do nothing.  Sorry, but games don't work like real life.

I played WW2 Online, around 1 month of trial. And the guy could spot targets for me and move the gun. Dunno maybe the loader/spotter could gain points.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-11-2009, 01:11:42 »
WW2 Online, sure.  That's a MMOFPS.  FH2 is not a MMORPS.  It is just a first person shooter based on realism.  You are not going to find someone who wants to sit there, unless they just go AFK, grab a drink, and do something else.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02-11-2009, 01:11:31 »
WW2 Online, sure.  That's a MMOFPS.  FH2 is not a MMORPS.  It is just a first person shooter based on realism.  You are not going to find someone who wants to sit there, unless they just go AFK, grab a drink, and do something else.

I would to help my team like that if I could. If I were to design a game I would create some anims to the loader, stretching to grab a fresh round, insert it in the breech and lock it, then patting the gunner in the back to say its ready to fire or simply yell LOADEN!

But yeah I dont expect people to be that responsive to team work.

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-11-2009, 01:11:42 »
The momentum built up from getting something like that moving would inevitably gain a fair amount of speed, even on flat or slightly inclined land.  Like a roller coaster.

Sorry, but momentum is a constant speed: MV(intial)=MV(final)

AT guns should be slow to move, or faster with 2 people on it (if they added that).

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02-11-2009, 01:11:38 »

But yeah I dont expect people to be that responsive to team work.

Bingo.  Your arguement is moot.

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-11-2009, 07:11:05 »
Great to see everyone likes my idea, I just hope the Devs like it too.

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-11-2009, 09:11:11 »
Before Toddel comes I am going to tell you that you should be happy with having already movable AT guns.