Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180897 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #375 on: 28-12-2009, 19:12:44 »
I thought it was a bit retarded how during he car chase the kid does everthing from swinging on a vine to successfully beating somebody in a sword fight  for the first time  >:(

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 28-12-2009, 20:12:00 »
I thought it was a bit retarded how during he car chase the kid does everthing from swinging on a vine to successfully beating somebody in a sword fight  for the first time  >:(
Well, he has been in a fight before, and most children sword fight at the age of 3 atleast once

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #377 on: 28-12-2009, 20:12:00 »
Crystal skull should never have been made. i was called the last crusade for a reason. and shia lebouf?? SHIA LEBOUF?! WHAT THE F*CK
0/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4KatBMOLRs

lighten the mood after that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-5-HM
« Last Edit: 28-12-2009, 20:12:32 by The Warrior (CnJ) »

Offline K.Nassau

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 29-12-2009, 02:12:25 »
City of God. BEST movie I have seen in a long time. It has it all women, guns, drugs and a great personal storyline. I seriously recommend it to everyone. Its a Brazilian movie and got even ranked 16th best movie of all time on IMDb.
9/10

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 29-12-2009, 19:12:14 »

?/10

It wasn't a bad movie or even average, but not sure what to give it...
Sure its flashy and the actions scenes were awesome, but "Dances with smurf" describes it.
There a few plot holes here and there, but the pace helps; not in the awkward scenes though.
I just couldn't get into it....

Irked at the fact that James is gonna make two sequels if this one does really well. (Which it has)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 30-12-2009, 08:12:31 »
City of God. BEST movie I have seen in a long time. It has it all women, guns, drugs and a great personal storyline. I seriously recommend it to everyone. Its a Brazilian movie and got even ranked 16th best movie of all time on IMDb.
9/10

City of God is amazing man, best Story Line. Also, i thikn it was based on real life.. yeah i know the Favelas and that, but i think Lil Ze existed or something..

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #381 on: 31-12-2009, 12:12:22 »
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- The original version of this movie was the weakest one IMO. But the extended version really kicks up into the same class as the first and the third movie. Mainly because it's just not some randomly added scenes here and there but also some additional scenes that gives some characters more time and meaning to their actions. There was some of that in the extended version of the first movie but it's a little bit more of that and that is just awesome.

A great movie, some minor flaws. Legolas one-liners are sometime a bit misplaced and Gimli is a comical sidekick in every scene he's in.

Already longing to see the last part in the extended form.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #382 on: 31-12-2009, 17:12:56 »
The Great Escape
- My New Years Eve continues in the mark of movies. This time, a classic Steve McQueen movie. One thing that I loved with this movie is that it really takes the time to tell the story, it's a long movie but still it never gets dull. It takes the time to tell the story of the prisoners trying to get their way out of the camp and also tells the story of the aftermath.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #383 on: 01-01-2010, 14:01:11 »
Von Ryan's Express
- Watched a documentary about Frank Sinatra a few nights ago and this movie popped up and I remember Von Small talking about it earlier. Typical 60's Hollywood war movie. The intro and the finale was indeed great but everything in between that was pretty dull I must say.

Loved the introducing scene of Sinatra's character.

6 out of 10

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 01-01-2010, 15:01:05 »
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Watched it tonight when I came home after new years celebration. So I wasn't THAT focused and didn't watch the whole thing.
But a really great movie, most of all I love all the songs, Danny Elfman is a genious. I actually sang all the songs while watching the film.

8/10 I think I'd give it.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #385 on: 03-01-2010, 05:01:44 »
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Very Racist Film, though very funny, ridiculous...Yeah, I liked it, though some parts i really didn't want to see (ex: Naked hotel fighting scene) which is why I watched the Edited-for-tv version.

eh...6.5/10

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 03-01-2010, 05:01:32 »
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Very Racist Film, though very funny, ridiculous...Yeah, I liked it, though some parts i really didn't want to see (ex: Naked hotel fighting scene) which is why I watched the Edited-for-tv version.

eh...6.5/10
"pussy" :)
It's funny!

"very racist", that's the purpose.
Of course much is scripted, but still, a lot is not and it's hilarious.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #387 on: 03-01-2010, 05:01:55 »
Kazakhstan reviewer praised it for being 'ridiculous and anti-american' paraphrasing

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 03-01-2010, 05:01:51 »
Edited for tv? haha. You probably missed 3/4 of the movie. Racist? Sascha Baron Cohen is Jewish....he was exploring the underlying racism in the US. I enjoy it a lot.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #389 on: 03-01-2010, 05:01:46 »
me too, i just really didn't enjoy seeing sacha and that other dude wrestling naked in a hotel. i would have rated higher if it weren't for that