Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117172 times)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #90 on: 18-02-2013, 01:02:13 »
Huh? they auto-adjust depending on the speed, height, angle etc. (at least in arcade mode), bombs always hit where the sight shows, ofc. 3km is quite high, so hitting may be hard even when zoomed in, and obviously, bombing moving targets is super hard.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 18-02-2013, 14:02:15 »
Bombs always have some kind of deviation, but this is neglectable on fighter bomber altitudes. The bomb blast is also very big so it's hard to actually miss.

On heights of 3km+ however, it's fairly easy for the bombs to miss their targets. Even a 1% deviation (lets take accuracy based on height) would mean it can fall 30 meters off target easily (even presuming you magically aimed dead-on) at heavy bomber altitudes.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 18-02-2013, 15:02:13 »
I am playing the german tree atm and have to say that it is damn difficult to get a good round with the planes. Russian and british planes seem alot more agile and the weapon loadouts are better ofcourse. Even with a He112 B0 I get serious problems against russian level 1 fighter planes. The HE 112 B0 has good weapons but it just flies like a brick and if you encounter more than one enemy on your tail you are done. An information about the armor of the different planes would be cool. Atm it feels quite random how I kill planes. A fat bomber is down within a few bursts and a tinny rushian fighter like the Chaika takes a shit load of bursts.

I tried the HE 111 H3 for the first time yesterday and have to get used to the bombing mechanic. What annoys me is the fact that I can't switch between the 32x50kg bombs and the 8x250kg bombs from the beginning. As soon as I buy the 32x50kg loadout and replace the starter loadout, I have to unlock the starter rack again. I don't know how this is solved for other bombers, but it seems a bit unlogical and stupid tbh that I have to grind through levels for something again that I can use from the beginning.

But the game is fun as hell, when you play it with a whole squad of four poeple. I wish there was a possibility to get more people into one squad  ;D

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 18-02-2013, 18:02:38 »
you're all talkin in kilometers here, but I've always been confused about the alt meter - is it in feet or meters? I assume it's meters because the alt meter in my P-40's cockpit says something else and it has written FEET on the gauge.. just wanna make sure

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 18-02-2013, 19:02:21 »
you're all talkin in kilometers here, but I've always been confused about the alt meter - is it in feet or meters? I assume it's meters because the alt meter in my P-40's cockpit says something else and it has written FEET on the gauge.. just wanna make sure

You can set it to whatever you want in the Options... don't know about the cockpit alt meter though...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 18-02-2013, 19:02:38 »
You can change between imperial and metric in the options. Anyways! Still hooked on the game, now level 8 with die Luftwaffe! Me410 has tremendous firepower, but is slow and the turning capabilities of a HE 111. When you get 6 kg's of 1 second burst mass, then you have to trade something away, I guess...

The StuKa's are alright. The D-5 version is quite good. But it's still way too slow. Everything would be on your tail when you are finished with your dive and you tries to get away.

I got the tier six S.79 italian medium bomber too. It's fast climbs to 5000 meters in no time, and has an okey load of 5 x 250 kg bombs. the problem: it don't hit SHIT. I don't know if something's wrong with the plane or it's because I'm too high, but I always seem to miss my targets. So I must say I like the HE111 abit better, since I actually hit what I aim for.

The Messerschitts... Not much to say. Wonderful machines, but I feel they are a tad too frail. But what are their main strength?  Does it outturn or get outturned? Should I speed straight forward if I get someone on my tail?

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 19-02-2013, 01:02:24 »

The Messerschitts... Not much to say. Wonderful machines, but I feel they are a tad too frail. But what are their main strength?  Does it outturn or get outturned? Should I speed straight forward if I get someone on my tail?

They are good at vertical maneuvering/climbing and it is best to be always higher and/or faster than the opponent and an good dive can kill an opponent in one run with the 20mm guns and is very good against bombers, also when facing planes that are also good or better at vertical maneuvering try to be as fast as possible because most planes can't keep up with the Bf109

With using these tactics I already achieved this some days ago ;).

Also Bf109G2 is not better that F4 except that it is cheaper when lost.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 19-02-2013, 02:02:10 »
Gotta edit my opinion about the Hellcat. Great fighter-bomber plane. With 2x 1000lb bombs and 6x HVAR rockets you can really do succesful ground strikes. I don't have upgrades yet, but I was wrong about the speed. This plane is quite fast without upgrades, especially when you go in a slightly angled dive and throw out your bombs and rockets. The speed is the key to get away after the strafing run and come back to go for the enemy planes after that. I've also been able to shoot down bombers with the rockets already. I think when I hit all 6 I can even kill Destroyers but it's also great for strafing landing enemy planes or when you are facing an enemy fighter head on. Additionally the Hellcat is not made of paper, turns quite okay and can take some hits. With motor and fuselage upgrade it should be a very decent airplane, perfectly suited for fast ground strikes with the US-typical disadvantage of not having the greatest guns equipped.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 19-02-2013, 16:02:01 »
Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the most OP plane in the game: the Soviet premium PBY-5a Catalina. It's tier 1. It has 4 gunners. It has 4x1000 lb bombs. it is amazing.

My lucky lady who replies
The Goddess of the skies
Blows up many a tank
Gives incoming fighters a spank!

Typical days work for the Catalina. The money and exp this wonder produces is OFF THE CHARTS!

Come at me bro

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 19-02-2013, 16:02:34 »
Tried the German starting planes today, overall i like that they have good visibility but rage quited after everyone and his mother killed me in 1 shot...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 19-02-2013, 16:02:50 »
Tried the German starting planes today, overall i like that they have good visibility but rage quited after everyone and his mother killed me in 1 shot...

Do yourself a favor and take the russian or british planes. You will only have fun with the BF109 at T6 and the M.C. 202 at T4. All previous planes play like grap. Might also be the problem that I get into fights with T10+ planes like FW190 or P38 quite fast, as I play with three other people in one squad and we have squad rank 6. And gaining high experience is difficult in the first levels with the german planes. He111 H3 helps a bit and BF 109 but all other planes are no killers.

IL2 seems to be quite nice. A TS mate shot down 17 planes in one round and got like 32000 experience. Requires some dumb players in the enemy team though who always attack head on.  ;D

Japanese planes are fun in the beginning levels as they are very agile and have good weapons.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 19-02-2013, 16:02:53 »
yeah, the japanese reserves are good, but the soviet trumps all with 4 machineguns and 14.1 sec turningtime. pair them up with the T1 premium catalina and you will never run out of money.

I can't wait to get to the FW's. They are so dangerous and respected. When a Fockewulf has the height advantage, it can dominate everything. I also REALLY start to like the ME410's now! The 50 mm Bordkanone is amazing! I just sniped a Japanese KI-49 bomber with one shot from 1.2 km away. It was EPIC. When it hits, it rips the plane apart. I highly recommend it!  But the disadvantage is that it turns like a bus.
« Last Edit: 19-02-2013, 17:02:06 by Hjaldrgud »

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 19-02-2013, 17:02:33 »
Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the most OP plane in the game: the Soviet premium PBY-5a Catalina. It's tier 1. It has 4 gunners. It has 4x1000 lb bombs. it is amazing.

LOL thanks for the tip, bought one and it's quite amazing indeed.

All rounds however inevitably end with a biplane launching himself into your wing out of frustration after shooting you for the last 10 minutes. But other than that it's really fun.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 19-02-2013, 17:02:16 »
I went for German to keep me occupied till MiG 3 was in the game... But i guess i'll continue up the Russian line.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 19-02-2013, 17:02:52 »
guys is there any other way to get them eagles than buying them? or am I going to have to set up a pay-pal acc?