Author Topic: So... Anyone got any good replacements for BF Files?  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Daisuke Jigen

• View Profile
Not sure if this should be posted in General FH or in here, but I think it applies to the Battlefield games in general.

In many ways I saw BF Files as the "central" BF community site - it seemed to get the most traffic, as well as the most file uploads. Now that we're losing it, I was wondering if anyone had links to some good, active Battlefield sites.

The only one I can think of is PBF - I suppose it'll work as long as I stay far, far away from the forums...

Offline Kebert Xela

• View Profile
Re: So... Anyone got any good replacements for BF Files?
« Reply #1 on: 29-03-2009, 18:03:26 »
I`d say Fileplanet and Fileshack...

Offline Playalain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-03-2009, 18:03:22 »
I guess, soon there will be no Filefront 2 which can have such a popularity and so much files.
I belive it will split up in some pages.

As example. In the german community-site BF-Games, we organize to backup all Battlefield files. And three major sites backup most of the files. Those are warumdarum.de, battlefield-basis.de and bf-mirror.de. So have a look up to one of these sites :)

Taranov

« Reply #3 on: 29-03-2009, 18:03:21 »
Main problem - Filefront not just file archive. It's real big community on lots of games. Company of Heroes, Dawn of War and lots of another games.

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-03-2009, 18:03:16 »
Finding a replacement for BF Files is most likely a difficult task.
However, due to the relatively low amount of BF mods releasing today, there shouldn't be any trouble keeping track of releases, and finding good mirrors in the release anouncements.

Ofcourse, downloading older files is an issue with the BF Files archive gone.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-03-2009, 18:03:49 »
Not sure if this should be posted in General FH or in here, but I think it applies to the Battlefield games in general.

In many ways I saw BF Files as the "central" BF community site - it seemed to get the most traffic, as well as the most file uploads. Now that we're losing it, I was wondering if anyone had links to some good, active Battlefield sites.

The only one I can think of is PBF - I suppose it'll work as long as I stay far, far away from the forums...
The Filefront Network staff has moved here:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/

They are still working on restoring all the old network file sites (such as bf2files) though but they should be added in due time.

More over the Filefront GamingForums will be launched again aswell. The community manager n0e is working on it as we speak and will announce it's resurrection (new begiing actually) when it's all up and running. :)

PS: The BF2files site, as all the rest of what remains of filefront wll go down on the 30th of March 2009 (tomorrow that is).

Biiviz

« Reply #6 on: 29-03-2009, 19:03:38 »
For keeping track of Battlefield related news I use;

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/

and for file downloading:

http://www.fileshack.com/

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29-03-2009, 19:03:40 »
This site is also good for keeping track of BF news:
http://battlefield.totalgamingnetwork.com/

Offline Daisuke Jigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-03-2009, 08:03:00 »
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll check them out - the main thing I was looking for was files as PBF and Totalgaming seem to be pretty good for news (and also ModDB as well, I guess).

[11PzG]matyast

« Reply #9 on: 30-03-2009, 10:03:42 »
www.forgottenhamster.com is hosting all the files related to FH gameplay, including Battlefield files and other accessories.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #10 on: 30-03-2009, 20:03:53 »
No worry about all the BF Files. The German Community had saved all over 12000 BF Files, from 1942 to Bf 2142. All Categories, all Stuff from the Minimods, Uservideos, Skins and so on. In the next Weeks we try to fixed our Downloadsektions first on bf-games.

This was a Communityaction with Help from Flüstertüte, BF-Basis, BF-Mirror and coordinated by BF-Games.de . It was the biggest Work from the Community i ever seen. All these People where working hours on this the last Days ;D

Have a View : Here, check out the spoilers^^
« Last Edit: 30-03-2009, 20:03:35 by kettcar »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30-03-2009, 21:03:16 »
Rapidshare is a fast medium term solution for files ~100, 200mb.