Author Topic: Times in FH you've been really ANGRY!  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Fearbefore.

• View Profile
Times in FH you've been really ANGRY!
« on: 08-09-2009, 02:09:16 »
It's too cheerful around here. So here's a thread to balance it out.

Even though I keep telling myself it's just a game, sometimes I get so pissed off playing Forgotten Hope it's not even funny. I know I made a pet hates thread but this is for times you've been legitimately ready to throw your keyboard away and smash the monitor.

Two I can think of -

Once, on Market Garden. I was in a Churchill tank and just west of the church, when I (using the 3rd person camera) spotted an enemy soldier getting into a Cromwell. I knew EXACTLY what he was going to do. He was going to drive up the little hill behind me, and fire at my rear. Just then THREE planes flew over and begin a faggy dog fight, and whenever that happens my comp lags so much its not even funny. There I was, moving my mouse to the right faster and faster and my turret would just move and inch and then move back. I was literally at a point where it was like watching a slideshow instead of playing a game. Naturally the guy in the Cromwell killed me, and I made some stupid comment, and I just wanted to smash the dude's face because he was all arrogant like he'd been brilliant or something.

Second time happens quite a lot, on Ramelle. One of my few true skills in FH outside of sniping and tanking is my zook skills. I was standing the building where the Browning is, across the river, and the Tiger + Stug were at the Ammunition Dump flag. And I calmly took aim, launched a zook across the river, which fell perfectly on top of the StuG and blew it up in one shot. For the next 20 minutes the gay camper in the Tiger, seeing what I could do, stayed just out of reach of my zook, countless rounds falling just inches short. And he kept killing me, because I need to stay in the window to see if where my rounds were falling.

I know that probably sounds like a smart strategy on his part but I was so angry. As usual my comp was lagging like hell and every time I tried to cross the river I would be killed because I get insane slowdown on that map, so I kept trying from that building and had no luck.

Knocked the stug out at the bridge though, later. That cheered me up.

Some of your stories?

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
Re: Times in FH you've been really ANGRY!
« Reply #1 on: 08-09-2009, 02:09:32 »
FH2:
Playing Pointe Du Hoc. I swear that map isnt healthy for me. The worst of it is that ive yet to see an allied side cap the fourth flag, let alone get anywhere near the guns.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-09-2009, 02:09:48 »
The day FH 2.2 was released allies won the map, I destroyed one of the guns 8).

So it IS possible :P

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-09-2009, 03:09:37 »
All those times when you know you clicked the trigger first, yet you're the one who falls down dead.

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-09-2009, 03:09:16 »
I had the crappiest round last night at Goodwood. I was a German, and I was sniping the Brits in Cagny when a friendly came up from behind and knifed me so he could get to play with the sniper rifle. He never killed a single person he sucked so bad. Also, during the same round, a friendly tank, I think it was a Panther, spent the whole round up in the far corner facing an uncappable flag and not even doing anything. Meanwhile, we got raped by Fireflies and stuff.

Offline Roden

• Make war not love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-09-2009, 06:09:41 »
FH2

On a round of bardia i got teamkilled by the Matilda when myself was in a Cruiser   >:(

On Goodwood having a Knife duel with a guy on a roof (I was doing spotting for the nebel) i killed the Dude

And then the dam nebel shot me   ::)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-09-2009, 07:09:16 »
In PHL in took .30 cal and walk trough first three flags we had captured. Then when i found perfect spot for it i got shot in the back by friendly, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-09-2009, 08:09:39 »
In PHL in took .30 cal and walk trough first three flags we had captured. Then when i found perfect spot for it i got shot in the back by friendly, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

there should be a .30 cal spawning at Bridge.4 I think? in that little circle of sandbags behind the tent/command place.... IIRC

Offline 9.Pz Benz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-09-2009, 10:09:34 »
Try to put a nade trough a window and it bounced back killing me and 3 teammates, i later came back and tryed again killing another teammate.

Or last night in a Tiger when i chanched shell option and pressed fire button to confirm i blew up the Tiger in front of me while accidently shooting a 88 shell in his backside.

Btw, my first post here Hi all

Offline Big Lebowski

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-09-2009, 10:09:01 »
Won Pointe Du Hoc yesterday -the axis got completly overrun, so that dosent get me angry.

What does get me angry is to see all the bitching going on from the allies when playing this map. If these guys had played Omaha Beach in FH1 days their heads would have exploded in frustration.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-09-2009, 11:09:12 »
Fearbefore, you love to create spamthreads in GD, don't you?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Venous

• Wawawewa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-09-2009, 12:09:23 »
All those times when you know you clicked the trigger first, yet you're the one who falls down dead.
This.

And of course the tiger whining bitches, people who always say comments about the tiger driver. Like "I hope you dont waste that tiger", "there was a firefly behind him and he didnt listen to me!", "get out of the tiger u sux" etc etc

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-09-2009, 12:09:28 »
Anytime I get shot down by the WhirbleWind.  I haven't found any way to avoid it besides diving into the river valley-depression-thing, and even that doesn't help because you can't fly under the bridges, so as soon you pull up, you get a fuselage full of 20mm shells and get thrown back to the spawn screen.  Also, it seems the Spitfire can't even kill the thing with its cannons in one pass, and you NEVER get a second pass on the WhirbleWind...  It also always buries itself so deep in enemy territory that the ground forces have no hope of helping you against it, but it still has a clear view of anywhere you might need to fly to support the ground troops.  Ugh!  I hate that thing so much...

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-09-2009, 12:09:27 »
Firing slowly, from the hip, at point blank range with my M1 Garand against a stationary target only to realize the gun is so overly inaccurate that my bayonet is more useful. Except I never get a chance to switch to my bayonet before he swings around and kills me using a K98

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #14 on: 08-09-2009, 12:09:53 »
What really makes me angry is if you play with a team that is not going for the flag, but instead camp from a position on the map to just get some kills in. That fristrated me in FH1 and now again I experienced it a few times.
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com