Author Topic: FH2 Modding Q&A  (Read 143898 times)

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
Re: FH2 Modding Q&A
« Reply #345 on: 22-08-2011, 03:08:40 »
ok I see those kits in a .tmp file in the Crete map... strange that the Init.con doesn't show the kits...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 22-08-2011, 09:08:30 »
crete has the kits in the gpo

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 29-08-2011, 23:08:31 »
Is there any way to modify the color of undergrowth in the editor except the mostly useless terraincolorscale?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 30-08-2011, 01:08:07 »
UG takes color from the terrain Colormaps. The function you mentioned, sets a ratio on how much color they should take from the terrain, and how much should be from their own texture.

You can always just open the UG atlas.dds in PS and edit the colors there...

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 01-10-2011, 15:10:30 »
VO flags: integer 0-3
0 - same team and only if close to listener
1 - both teams and only if close to listener
2 - same team and never over radio
3 - both teams and never over radio

this is what VoiceMessages.con says and also that I should only use 1 and 3 (rest is apparently useless). but what exactly is the difference between 1 and 3? what does each of them do? I'm confused as to me it seems they are basically the same :???:
« Last Edit: 01-10-2011, 15:10:06 by McCloskey »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 01-10-2011, 16:10:07 »
It's easy.

1 is the kind of radio message like "enemy unit spotted" that your team hear on the radio. The enemy can also hear it when close to you.

3 is things like "Charge!". Only people close to you hear it and it's not send through the radio so everyone on the team would hear it like "Enemy tank spotted" for exemple.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 01-10-2011, 16:10:01 »
thanks! what I am trying to achieve is to change most of the voice messages not to be radioed (Im using various voices from CoD2) but only to be transmitted by the playermodels in the 3D, in a specific range so only ppl around that player can hear it - so if I get it right I just change it to 3 right? altho I have this feeling that sometimes I heard stuff like Charge being shouted across half the map, what is the range on that?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 01-10-2011, 17:10:16 »
thanks! what I am trying to achieve is to change most of the voice messages not to be radioed (Im using various voices from CoD2) but only to be transmitted by the playermodels in the 3D, in a specific range so only ppl around that player can hear it - so if I get it right I just change it to 3 right? altho I have this feeling that sometimes I heard stuff like Charge being shouted across half the map, what is the range on that?
It is because on bf1942 voices some are radioed and some are shouted. BF2 system works different and only uses sounds from that system. If you are in tank (not sure about other vehicles) your voice is heard by everyone, even if command is shouted like "charge", "repairs" etc (I mean without that radio-ish effect). Am I right?

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 01-10-2011, 19:10:53 »
interesting.. I guess I'll just play with it and see how it works

also,
rem * Set radio message volumes.
gamelogic.messages.setVolumes 0.65 0.65
the second number is the volume of the non-radioed voice, right?

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 01-10-2011, 22:10:57 »
It is because on bf1942 voices some are radioed and some are shouted. BF2 system works different and only uses sounds from that system. If you are in tank (not sure about other vehicles) your voice is heard by everyone, even if command is shouted like "charge", "repairs" etc (I mean without that radio-ish effect). Am I right?
No, in a tank/vehicle voice messages like "charge" are only heard around the tank, not across the map, but are indeed radio'ish. Maybe McCloskey is just fabulating or came across a bug  ;)
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 01-10-2011, 23:10:51 »
No, in a tank/vehicle voice messages like "charge" are only heard around the tank, not across the map, but are indeed radio'ish. Maybe McCloskey is just fabulating or came across a bug  ;)
No. From vehicles like tanks you can send voice messages to team (or maybe squad?). I'm sure because I can hear them on every map, every time and you can check on minimap that some commands were sent from tank on the other side of a map (flashing yellow icon) what is WEIRD and annoying. Radio messages which are shouted are "shouted" (no radio effect) and the "radio'ish" ones are the same  "radio'ish" ones when you're playing as infantry but then heard only nearby the person - it is the same comm-rose but no "radio" on infantry. If it is really a bug it's happen very often if not - whole system based on bf1942 voice overs is bugged and misleading.

have you ever played battlefield1942 / FH1?
« Last Edit: 01-10-2011, 23:10:15 by jan_kurator »

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 03-10-2011, 18:10:59 »
one more question, do enemies also hear the VO flag #3? I never heard enemy shouting things like Charge, Follow me etc. :-\

anyway I guess there isn't a way to make vehicles transmit only local and not across the whole map right? tried changing stuff in commorose settings (changing some commands to TCLocal) and it didn't work... :(
« Last Edit: 04-10-2011, 16:10:33 by McCloskey »

Offline Hangman

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 19-10-2011, 04:10:07 »
Does anybody know of a way to fix this when I am trying to edit my gameplay layers

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 19-10-2011, 20:10:58 »
This problem is probably due to the missing of the "Object Spawners" or a wrong installation path. I had the same and after a reunzip it worked.

All files you need for mapping and instructions/download pathes:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1804.0

--> refer there to FH2 object spawners

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 28-11-2011, 16:11:56 »
Is there  a program that can join together detail and color textures into single large files for easier (photoshop) editing, like a reverse t-split?