Author Topic: FH2 Modding Q&A  (Read 143766 times)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Modding Q&A
« Reply #330 on: 31-03-2011, 18:03:56 »
Do you recommend shaping terrain in Bf2 editor or by some special programmes like Geocontrol 2 (I tried it and it seems that you can work with it easier and quicker, but still I need to find some tutorials, because its quite difficult at first look). Does anybody use Geocontrol 2?

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 31-03-2011, 19:03:04 »
Sorry to put a question after a question, but I have no clue about the previous one.
------

I found some nice tutorials on intersection- and roadbuilding (e.g. http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?s=65e1de89444f0fc5685276f9286bed92&showtopic=13847) but I have a specific prob with intersections in fh2.

a) what kind of intersections do you use? (I searched on the maps but couldn't define whether roadintersections where used or whether you just placed them tight together with real intersections=

b) how can you delete an intersection in the editor?
When I place one, it's not removable so I always reload my map.

Thank you for your help.  :)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 31-03-2011, 20:03:31 »
inersection was dice way of making roads blend together better, you dont need to use them. I dont know if we reskinned any intersections, but otherwise you need to do that or you get the white lines from gulf of oman on them, and we dont use white lines in FH2.

if you cant remove it. it's weird, because intersection are just normal statics.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 31-03-2011, 22:03:29 »
Thank you once again. It's very helpful for me.  :)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 25-04-2011, 12:04:07 »
What exactly do I need to do to get custom voiceovers working? I have them in mp3s, tried to convert them to .ogg but that didn't work (it was just mute in game) so I packed the mp3s into the archive with the .ogg files and then changed the extensions in fh2sounds_spotted.con in common_server.zip but that didn't work either... Do I have to have the exact same format of the ogg file (like the original) for this to work?

and second: I don't like kit geometries (at least I think that's how you call the helmets, backpacks, belts etc. - the stuff that changes when you pick up a different kit) disappearing beyond mere 50 m so I thought I'd up the range which triggers these to fade (it just feels weird when you look through a scope at long range and you see soldiers without helmets and alike, sometimes you don't even have to look through a scope to notice it). Thought changing values of GeometryTemplate.setSubGeometryLodDistance 1 0 10 &
GeometryTemplate.setSubGeometryLodDistance 1 1 20 in tweak files such as uw_light_soldier.tweak, gw_heer_pionier.tweak etc. would do the trick - no luck though. Is there actually a way to change this?

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #335 on: 25-04-2011, 13:04:44 »
You have used proper sound tools for it?

http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/tools/Bf2%20Sound%20Tools.zip

there's a readme for how to
CMP Gaming

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 25-04-2011, 14:04:23 »
Wow had no idea this existed :o Thanks!

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 28-04-2011, 21:04:25 »
Do you recommend shaping terrain in Bf2 editor or by some special programmes like Geocontrol 2 (I tried it and it seems that you can work with it easier and quicker, but still I need to find some tutorials, because its quite difficult at first look). Does anybody use Geocontrol 2?

i made a tutorial on Geocontrol 2 and real world DEM files, and then importing it to the editor:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-modding-tutorials/69889-tutorial-how-make-awsome-maps-dem-geo2-img-heavy.html

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 08-05-2011, 19:05:43 »
hey guys :-)

My question deals about the work with different layers within the bf2 editor.

The aim was to place all staticobjects in the default layer as I like to have them ingame for all different gamemodes which I like to implement. The gameplay objects (e.g. object spawners) would be placed on an additional layer (e.g. "Conquest_64").

My challenge is that whenever I create a new layer my editor gets very very slow. When I uncheck or delete the newly generated layer the problem disappears and I can continue to work.

What I noticed is that I cannot select the following properties when creating a layer. I can only assign a name but the other options are covered behind the grey fields which I can't open which a doubleclick.

That's the view I hope to get (it's from a tutorial I used to learn how to deal with the layers):

So:
- how can I add a layer to map which has already some objects on the default layer without having the performance problem?
- how can I get the right userinterface when adding an additional layer for the gameplay?

thank you very much.  :)
I hope to beeing able to solve this problem soon as all other gameplaywork is getting easier and easier for me and I soon like to get closer to my aim to build a nice gameplay map.  ;)

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 08-08-2011, 01:08:32 »
are there any ammo boxes for vehicles in FH2?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 08-08-2011, 05:08:00 »

There are ammunition kits that are used for mortars to resupply them that will also work for vehicles.

Ammunition/supply trucks and some carriers will supply ammo

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 21-08-2011, 20:08:39 »
do any of the US Airborne models have parachute capability?  I'm working on a map using those gliders and transport planes...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #342 on: 21-08-2011, 20:08:48 »
do any of the US Airborne models have parachute capability?  I'm working on a map using those gliders and transport planes...
Parachutes are provided by the kit, not by the player model.

Offline pheeph

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 21-08-2011, 23:08:41 »
What kit is that?

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #344 on: 21-08-2011, 23:08:36 »
If you look in the US pilot kit, you will see that it has a parachute added in the section where the weapons are added.  I think that you can add parachutes (and other weapons) to kits that don't have them at map load.  Try looking at Crete (I think I remember seeing this map doing something similar).