Author Topic: Call To Arms  (Read 37370 times)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Re: Call To Arms
« Reply #210 on: 26-07-2012, 00:07:54 »
Nice research bremijo ! It won't hurt when a FH dev contacts them and tells them about it. Definitely worth a try. There are indeed not a lot of people that care, but the chance should be used. Random ArmyRage players give a shit, but contacting the hosting provider with this issue, is not wrong and who knows, maybe they'll do as they promise and care. As I said, won't hurt to let them know.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 26-07-2012, 03:07:43 »
Do you think that people who don't play FH2 daily will care about breaking copyrights? I bet not....  ::)

That's why I'm calling in their conscience, especially since FH2 is a freeware. But you have a point though. Those who ever thought at buying ArmyRage could be some grossly under-informed out-of-this-world gamer type.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 26-07-2012, 11:07:43 »
Maybe they'll be inclined to take down the site, or maybe suspend it for a while.
Not a bad idea tbh. Bring 'em down!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 26-07-2012, 11:07:49 »
I think Remdul has already written them right at the start of this ordeal, but the hoster didn't respond.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #214 on: 26-07-2012, 14:07:12 »
Thanks for your interest and support bremijo. I have indeed contacted Leaseweb, it was one of the first things I did when we learned of Army Rage.

We are actually a customer of Leaseweb ourselves (our stats tracker and error reporting have been hosted there for years). Leaseweb will take down armyrage.com when given sufficient evidence. Given the material we've collected so far, they will almost certainly comply, if asked. I'm not sure why we haven't done that yet. I guess because we're nice guys.

We're not interested in destroying their business, just that they stop illicitly profiting from our creations.
Although they probably do deserve to be destroyed, we've given them more than enough second chances...

Current approach still is to shame them in public. A large online games magazine will soon run a story. If they not repent soon, we will strike with the hammer.
« Last Edit: 26-07-2012, 14:07:04 by Remdul »

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 26-07-2012, 15:07:14 »
Just came to my mind, would there be any chance, to convince youtube to put down all armyrage videos? Surely this is as big copyright issue as using some copyrighted music on some video?

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #216 on: 26-07-2012, 15:07:03 »
Just came to my mind, would there be any chance, to convince youtube to put down all armyrage videos? Surely this is as big copyright issue as using some copyrighted music on some video?

I don't believe in censorship. Their Youtube videos are probably the best evidence against them.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 26-07-2012, 15:07:23 »

I don't believe in censorship. Their Youtube videos are probably the best evidence against them.
But if you ever go to road of asking to take down their website, wouldn't it be nice side effect to take their youtube channel down with it.

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #218 on: 26-07-2012, 15:07:33 »
If they directly profit from their Youtube channel (e.g. by running 3rd party ads there), I certainly wouldn't mind to see it disappear.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 26-07-2012, 16:07:18 »
Remdul, you are such a righteous man. I shall declare my allegiance to you!  :D

But still, we deserve more credit than just this:

http://www.alexa.com/search?q=armyrage.com&r=home_home&p=bigtop
http://www.alexa.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fforgottenhope.warumdarum.de%2F&r=site_screener&p=bigtop

So far I've always given people link to forgottenhope.warumdarum.de, and have forgotten fhmod.org. Maybe that has some contribution to the popularity.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 27-07-2012, 20:07:06 »
Apparently, FH2 needs more propaganda to race with Army Rage and needs to inform other people to join us about this unfair "siber-robbery"

Offline Uberplatypus

• "The machine gun is a much overrated weapon."
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 30-07-2012, 05:07:52 »
The plagiarising swine must die! >:(
Crashing full APC's since 1942.

Offline ouech

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 05-08-2012, 21:08:57 »
I found this on their oficial forum :
http://www.armyrage.com/forum/yaf_postst986_Army-Rage-Stealing--Important-Plz-Read.aspx

I can't stand the reply of the administrator and the other guys !

But I've got a question : these guys are using the battlefield 2 engine, it's obvious (in the videos the graphics and the lightin are the same). So I think EA could say something to that, as it is not mentionned that Army Rage was developped with this engine... (it's semms important to say that to me)
« Last Edit: 05-08-2012, 21:08:14 by ouech »

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 05-08-2012, 22:08:33 »
They would be long gone if it was on refractor 2 engine without proper license  ::)

Just funny that new registration to forum have been disabled since this topic was brought up.  ;D

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 05-08-2012, 23:08:42 »
They keep asking for proof :'(. Some textures even contain FH2 in it, how hard can one fail?
Too proud to admit it, too stubborn to change it!