Author Topic: [NEW CMP] KHARKOV Custom Map Idea  (Read 732 times)

Offline Durov196616

• D E S T R O Y E R
    • View Profile
[NEW CMP] KHARKOV Custom Map Idea
« on: 03-12-2016, 18:12:26 »
Hello everyone, greetings from Hungary!

I really like CMP maps inside FH2, so i spend a few time with Photoshop, and make a loading screen for this map. My favourit battle from history is Kursk and Kharkov, so i made Kharkov's loading screen, and background.
Why did i do this? Because i would like to draw the Custom map designer attention to this Idea.
...and finally to show you guys "how possibilites are hide inside battlefield!" :)

I hope you like this, and share it!
Thank you to read it!

Durov196616
BATTLE OF KHARKOV

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
Re: [NEW CMP] KHARKOV Custom Map Idea
« Reply #1 on: 04-12-2016, 10:12:18 »
Well, what setting do you want to make? Also you will need early Russian uniforms, and early German uniforms, which, are not in the game right now. Making this map will take you some time, and if you want it to be historically accurate, the streets should be where they are now. I know this, since I visit Kharkov a lot of times. By the way, you might need Russian factory assets, as Kharkov was and is a major tank-building facility. That means early tanks, unless you plan a close-quarter battle. Also the PPSH, was only entering in production, so that means it may only be available as a pickup kit. On the other hand, the SVT-40 was common in service, and was used by NCO's, snipers, and regular soldiers.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Durov196616

• D E S T R O Y E R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-12-2016, 11:12:18 »
Well, the Server Info and the Game Mode isan illustration, also the whole idea. I agree with you opinion about map structures and weaponry. I think about what positions are the Soviets and Germans placed to:
It should be an "U" forms map, like as Battlefield 1942 or something bigger, more spawn point...etc.
About PPSH and SVT-40: It's sould be there inside the default chooseable kits. Recon has SVT and a simple Infantry has PPSH or PPD-40...something similar.

Yeah but im not a Moder, i just handle with Photoshop. I only just give ideas for moders/modelers/mapers.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-12-2016, 11:12:42 »
I understand. I also suggested the PPD-40, but the early ostfront will not be implemented this year. Next year is unlikely also. In fact I doubt if there will be an early ostfront, unless the community makes an add on. I myself want to see the early ostfront.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-12-2016, 20:12:25 »
I like the idea but as said, many assets are missing for this. I would suggest to make some more late-war map if you want.
Probably something from this here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courland_Pocket

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-12-2016, 20:12:32 »
My first semi-official mapping project was a remake of FH1 Kharkov Outskirts (August 1943), but it was never finished because the first round of FH2 eastern front development died and when it picked up again I rather worked on different maps.
I did gain a lot of experience though.

Offline Durov196616

• D E S T R O Y E R
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-12-2016, 22:12:00 »
I hope it will made something similar map soon, because i really misisng som Eastern Front map, and thats why i made this picture.

PapillonFH
And looking of PapillonFH's suggestion, if i have more free time i will made a Courland Pocket loading screen.
(bytheway, not easy to make 2D PPd-40 and Knife convert to 3D jsut with shadowing and contrast :))
Thanks every support, and glory to FH2 community!

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-12-2016, 14:12:19 »
My first semi-official mapping project was a remake of FH1 Kharkov Outskirts (August 1943), but it was never finished because the first round of FH2 eastern front development died and when it picked up again I rather worked on different maps.
I did gain a lot of experience though.
Well, maybe you will still remake it later, as I know you are right now busy with Dukla Pass 2.0 and Olgledow.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-12-2016, 16:12:00 »
It should be an "U" forms map, like as Battlefield 1942 or something bigger, more spawn point...etc.
Well, the BF1942 map is not realistic, and our players would prefer urban battles. I have to say that the BF1942 map is poorly made, and Kharkov looks like a tiny town in there.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-12-2016, 20:12:13 »
I doubt there are enough urban russian statics for this project

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-12-2016, 21:12:01 »
I hope next version will bring russian city statics. That would be great.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16-12-2016, 10:12:11 »
I doubt there are enough urban russian statics for this project
Go to Firing range 64 and look at the buildings.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16-12-2016, 10:12:51 »
hmmmmmm