Author Topic: Crash On Exit  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Hoak

• View Profile
Crash On Exit
« on: 05-06-2010, 23:06:48 »
I did search the forum but can't find any reports of issues similar to mine; perhaps odd search terms are required... I only have modest game stability issues, typically loosing connectivity to a server on map change just after the map fully loads -- but every time I exit the game (regardless of map last played) I get the message:

"BF2.exe Crashed. Would you like to report this crash to the Forgotten Hope team?"

I've sent a crash dump to the FH2 Team once automatically and have attached a copy here as well; just wondering if this is related to any known issue with an easy fix?

:-\

Offline SoccerSpartan

• View Profile
Re: Crash On Exit
« Reply #1 on: 05-06-2010, 23:06:17 »
this happens to me about every other time I exit the game, I havnt noticed that it does anything bad though, so I just ignore it  ;D

Offline Hoak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-06-2010, 00:06:52 »
Yes, that's been my inclination as well, but I do have the server drop at start issue with every map rotation, and this does happen on literally every game exit from every map -- so I was wondering of the two might be related -- or resolved elswhere...

;)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-06-2010, 16:06:34 »
A lot of players get that error message when they exit the game. It is a bit annoying, but since it isn't interrupting gameplay for anyone, most people simply ignore it.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-06-2010, 19:06:00 »
Like me, too... ;)

Offline Hoak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-06-2010, 01:06:28 »
Would renaming or moving "fh2crash.exe" solve the problem, or would that screwup FH2's shader moving gymnastics?

???

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-06-2010, 13:06:58 »
i dunno but better leave it as it is
as long as your shaders are fine simply press cancel on the report msg

thats what we all do ;)
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-06-2010, 14:06:58 »
Haha, finally a post about this. I've been meaning to post something about this crash myself for a while now but I really only thought of it everytime I exit the game and forgot the next moment.

I don't have it "about" every other time, simply every time I exit FH2. Of course you can just click "cancel" but it is kind of annoying knowing something is not right with your game. Plus, I can't do anything on my PC for almost a full minute after exiting because it's busy doing, well, something. But that could as well be just BF2 closing and not have anything to do with FH2 itself.

But that horrible windows sound that crash report makes. I've had so much PC/Windows troubles the last 15 years that the sound itself makes me wince and visions of night-long PC repair sessions flicker through my mind. Plus, I usually have my volume way up when playing FH2 and then when you exit the game, BLAM, that...sound....again...

But it is reassuring to read that it's not an actual bug. Thankx. :-)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-06-2010, 03:06:49 »
Are you running Xfire, Steam, Teamspeak, FRAPs or any other software in the background?  For some reason this "Fake" crash report usually pops up when something else is running in the background when FH2 closes.  As long as nothing else is wrong with your game, the only thing you can do is ignore it when it pops up.

Offline Hoak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-06-2010, 01:06:42 »
I'm running nothing in the background and I get this error every game exit; even with just eleven Windows Services running on Windows 7.  When playing for a long time I also get BSOD -- which has never happend with any other game or BF2 mod for that matter on Windows 7.

:-\

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-06-2010, 15:06:30 »
I just got a new PC with Windows 7 and I get this crash message each of the 3-4 times I've exited the mod.  I would get it occasionally with my old PC with XP SP3, but not in the last few patches.  Like everyone else, I just kind of ignore it.

Offline GreekRockNRolla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-06-2010, 23:06:13 »
i had the same problem to with 2.25 but with the new fh i rearlly get this error message

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #12 on: 24-06-2010, 00:06:42 »
in addition to that I always get those cool 'your shaders are fucked up' messages but aslong as there's nothing happening I just ignore those. Though from time to time I really need fix couple of things cause my ground textures tends to disappear after a while. making playing feel like being in heaven  8)

just ignore if nothing else happens
CMP Gaming