Author Topic: FH2 online etiquette  (Read 14326 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 online etiquette
« Reply #90 on: 28-03-2012, 23:03:22 »
Pls do tell me randoom. I know Dazlayer and major koenig are often accused of cheating but I'm 100% sure they are not. So who are you talking about?

Why did you said those names ?
Not talking about them. They are normal/legit players.
Well it reads right there:

"I know Dazlayer and major koenig are often accused of cheating"

But really, if there are known cheaters, why not say their names out loud? I see no reason to not tell, unless you are not 100% sure?
« Last Edit: 28-03-2012, 23:03:44 by ajappat »

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 28-03-2012, 23:03:07 »
I have some experience with ajappat and Dazzlayer:
@ajappat:
2 situations:
- 1st: we both spotted each other at the same time, distance ~50m and what?! i got head shot from smg before i managed to click right mouse button - wtf?
- 2nd we were running to each other between houses (we didn't know about it), he jumped out from corner fast and he passed me... Everything happened in a blink of eye... Result - i was somehow shot....

Dazzlayer:
I was shooting from church tower at St. Lo map (from a smalll window). Dazzlayer was running like headless chicken along the road, when I wanted aim at him, he suddendly stopped and shot me.... Everything lasted in a blink of an eye... Later, I went to his position and I couldn't state if there was enemy in this window - from that perspective I could see only a small black pixel... So sorry, but even if he had noticed me there, it would have taken much longer to aim than 0.5 of second....

Simply, when I see obvious cheater, I simply quit playing....

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 29-03-2012, 00:03:44 »
How did you know the guy on the street was dazlayer? were you alone on the server? Couldn't it be that you aimed at some other guy and dazlayer shot you form a different position? Or do you have a cheat that shows enemy tags? :D

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 29-03-2012, 00:03:01 »
I have some experience with ajappat and Dazzlayer:
@ajappat:
2 situations:
- 1st: we both spotted each other at the same time, distance ~50m and what?! i got head shot from smg before i managed to click right mouse button - wtf?
- 2nd we were running to each other between houses (we didn't know about it), he jumped out from corner fast and he passed me... Everything happened in a blink of eye... Result - i was somehow shot....

You forgot that one when I had stalked you for maybe 300m with my knife on lebisey and finally got you. Result: I'm speedhacker  8)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 29-03-2012, 15:03:01 »
Reasons why not so many people play this game:
- lack of choice of servers - 1 server where admins abuse their power and 2nd without any rules or maybe with rules which don't concern some players (some players can do what they want)
- lack of teamplay - seems like there are many COD players....
- cheaters
Choice - people keep going for that server even though it has no official stats, has arbitrary rules that are enforced on a whim, etc. which is why I'll always choose hslan. There are other servers, too, if they only got populated...

Teamplay is as teamplay does. Joining a squad with either 2nd Forum Regulars or guys from the top 100 of the official ranking will usually improve experience.

Cheaters - plenty of weird stuff happens because of netcode and BF2 hit detection.

Many times, I have been in partial cover and shot repeatedly, and we both saw blood flying clientside, yet I took no damage and managed to finish my opponent. At times, even if you have a clear shot and pull the trigger first, a sudden lag spike means that serverside, the other guy shot first and killed you, but the client, as of yet unaware, shows you shooting before this registers and after server updates the situation, shows you dying anyway. Sometimes, the netcode "guesses" where the player would move first (in order to keep the movements smooth), while in reality, the player did something else and again, it takes time for this to register this at the other client (meaning players will seemingly clip through objects, jump, be invulnerable, shots appear seemingly from thin air). Also, if one of your limbs "no-clips" through a wall, you can be killed with a shot to that limb.

99% of the time the "cheaters" are just that good that it seems like cheating, yet when you analyze the situation you will usually realize why you got shot. Usually, you did what most players would do and knowing the maps like the back of their hands, the "cheaters" already knew to expect attack from that direction, and with their superior hand-eye coordination, disposed of you with a snapshot. Every once in a while, through pure luck, even I manage to achieve such a snapshot.

Just say the names, we can tell you if they are actually cheating. BTW, ajattap and Dazlayer are not. If you had played more, you would know too ;) Remember that people in the top 50 have between 200 and 800 hours of gameplay on the ranked servers after the release of 2.4, you seem to have only 20+ hours on the ranked servers.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 29-03-2012, 20:03:01 »
I have played over 1000 hours and know what is possible or not... On 100% I'm sure that it was him... The same like you that these playeres are not cheaters... How did you know? Even if you were their neighbours I wouldn't believe you.... You are saying that it's server issue that enemy can see me earlier... Of course, it makes sens, but only if he moves towards me, not me towards him... Or maybe his net predicts future somehow?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 29-03-2012, 21:03:17 »
I have played over 1000 hours and know what is possible or not...
typical Pole  ;)

Offline Adee

• ingame: pl AdeQ-187
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 29-03-2012, 21:03:44 »
I have played over 1000 hours and know what is possible or not...
typical Pole  ;)

That's what happen, when you play 1000 hours on 762, and try hslan  ;D
typical Pole  ;)

Remember that people in the top 50 have between 200 and 800 hours of gameplay on the ranked servers after the release of 2.4

8)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 29-03-2012, 22:03:46 »
I don't play on hslan because:
-cheaters
-teamkilling noobs
-lack of admins....

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 29-03-2012, 22:03:08 »
don't forget the maplist not being worked on

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 29-03-2012, 22:03:31 »
don't forget the maplist not being worked on
Maplist was actually changed just week ago.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 30-03-2012, 00:03:10 »
I don't play on hslan because:
-cheaters
-teamkilling noobs
-lack of admins....
That is just stupid. *takes a look at the topic*
And bad manners, oh my *tsk-tsk*.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 30-03-2012, 00:03:27 »
I'm still waiting for those names btw. (besides my own name  ::))

I'm not saying there are no cheaters at all, but I know that every single one that has popped on hslan, has been banned sooner or later. Don't know about other servers, as I mainly play on hslan, would love to have some games on thors brigade after so many years though  :(.
« Last Edit: 30-03-2012, 00:03:54 by ajappat »

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 30-03-2012, 00:03:02 »
I agree about complaining about bailing being silly, they're just trying to survive.

What I'd like to see from my fellow players:
1. Theres a difference between defending and camping. Go for the defense.

2. If you have a bomber, it helps to ask if anyone needs a little help.

3. If you have the time in a multi-seated aircraft, tell the passenger if you're going to bail. Then so can everyone else.

4. Communicate, please. And communicate kindly, try not to be rude, but try to give your comrades an idea that you exist and are part of the (digital) fight.

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 30-03-2012, 02:03:11 »
I'm still waiting for those names btw. (besides my own name  ::))
  Well, a few nights ago, hslan dudes realized that we are actually same player.  ;) Shame on you kwiot, because you couldn't understand that for 5 years.  :P
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.