Author Topic: WinSPWW2 Soviet Union campaign 1941-45 (summary in 1st post)  (Read 14761 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: WinSPWW2 Long campaign as Soviet Union
« Reply #15 on: 20-12-2013, 12:12:16 »
Homer - Recce Squadron

I loved the previous campaign and story telling, looking forward to this one! ;)
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-12-2013, 12:12:57 »
Musti - Fast Tank Company (BT-7 poweeeer!)
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-12-2013, 13:12:22 »
Excellent, first battle is today. Still taking volunteers, you can change vehicles/infantry/etc after every battle so tell me what you want to do. Normally there's 2-3 battles in Poland, before we move on to fighting against Finland.

I forgot to mention as well that in WinSPWW2 the Russian OOB is nicely detailed and has some experimental vehicles (only Poland has as many prototype vehicles). Later on in the war we will have some prototype tanks like the T-50/57 (T-50 light tank with 57mm ZiS-2), Matilda IIr (Matilda with 76.2mm gun from the 1941 T-34), and so on. Lend-lease vehicles will become available as well in late 1941 and through to the end of the war.

Right now we have some other experimental vehicles you can volunteer for if you like, since it's 1939 it's interwar stuff:

SU-3 (T-27 tankette tank destroyer with 76.2mm recoilless gun)

SU-6 (76.2mm AA gun on T-26 chassis, tank destroyer in-game)

SU-4 (truck with same gun as SU-3)

AT-1 (artillery tank on T-26 chassis)

SU-1-12

There is also the family of SU-5-1/5-2/5-3, which are T-26 chassis with 76mm, 122mm and 152mm guns on them. And for anyone who gives a shit, self-propelled arty can be used like normal artillery or like tank destroyers, you can pick an artillery job to do and then just drive along with the infantry, popping enemy tanks as they show up. The next experimental vehicles is the 1939 KV-1 in a few months' time.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-12-2013, 19:12:42 »
First battle will be up tonight and I'm telling you boys we're running into a fuck of a lot of Polish infantry.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20-12-2013, 19:12:50 »
Ok, I'll pick MG company

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-12-2013, 01:12:28 »
Our invasion of Poland got off to a rough start when the Soviet forces' drunken commander forgot he bought ammo trucks and failed to deploy them before the battle, meaning Soviet artillery would have limited shells to lob at Polish positions. The battle went immediately downhill, as a section of Major LHeureux's meat shield division was strafed by a Polish fighter plane as they advanced cautiously down a dirt road.

Many pants were thoroughly pissed. LHeureux quickly rallied his men (no mean feat for conscripts in real life, let alone a video game) and they quickly secured a forest south of the battle.

Farther north, Kaptain Homer Jay's recce squadron of cavalry scouts, foot scouts and three platoons of T-38 amphibious tanks ran into the main Polish force. The scouts became entangled in a fire fight with Godless Polish riflemen, and stalled the Polish advance long enough to rain down an artillery strike from Starleit Born2Kill's rocket battery.

The conscripts advanced field-by-field behind a company of T-27 tankettes with flame tank support. The Soviets reached a small village first and thoroughly fucked up every Polish attack on the city, the tankettes firing their machine guns at the vaste hordes of Polish infantry, which were accompanied by ancient Renault tanks.

Major Musti's BT company harassed the enemy and destroyed 11 enemy tanks and lost only one of their own to an infantry close assault. Serzhant von Mudra's 45mm anti-tank gun battery rode into battle behind the recce units and dismounted in the woods. One truck carrying three guns was blasted to smithereens by Polish 120mm howitzer fire, but the other truck made it to the objective and those three guns took out two enemy tanks.

Back at the southern village, Jimi Hendrix's T-35 group supported the conscripts. One of the Russian monster tanks was disabled when a Polish plane shot off the tracks, but the other two supported the tankette and conscript defense and took out the Polish Renaults, and mopped up and infantry the OT-27 flame tanks hadn't barbequed.

The paratroopers and ski soldiers played only a small role in defending the artillery batteries from Polish units that snuck through the lines. Fuchs' paratrooper company successfully defended the Soviet HQ and Hjaldrgud's ski soldiers satcheled a Polish TKS tankette.

The best kill of the battle went to Battleaxe's platoon of 37mm AA guns, which shot down a Polish Karas light bomber, narrowly beating out the antics of a T-27 crew who bailed their immobilised tankette to advance on foot and then destroyed an FT-17 with a hand grenade.

By the end of the battle, the Soviet forces had lost several soft vehicles and trucks, but suffered nowhere near the Polish infantry casualties. The two armies were seperated by only 55pts, 2983 to 2928. The battle was a draw.

After the battle there was an option of assaulting the fleeing Poles, but the Soviet commander declined to attack and instead repaired his forces. He also bought a platoon of vintage BT-2 fast tanks, a SU-3 (recoilless gun on a truck chassis), and four BA-6 armored cars.

The second battle will once again take place against Poland, in a thick forest. The paratroopers will be making their first jump..
« Last Edit: 21-12-2013, 05:12:22 by Christie.Front.Drive »

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-12-2013, 04:12:03 »
Very nice. Couldn't see my name though :P

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-12-2013, 04:12:47 »
Very nice. Couldn't see my name though :P

I can't buy a ZiS-30 yet :D. Pick something else buddy and I'll add you in.

Becomes available in late 1941 I think.

I'll buy you a SU-6 for the third battle:

You can roll around blasting Polish tanks in that bastard, it'll be excellent.

« Last Edit: 21-12-2013, 04:12:12 by Christie.Front.Drive »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-12-2013, 04:12:50 »
Rack up 2 kills to my at guns :D

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-12-2013, 05:12:15 »
Good, good, put me in some big dakka machine.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21-12-2013, 07:12:47 »
The second battle took place on a cool autumn day in September 1939. Some innocent Soviet cavalry was out for a stroll in the Polish countryside when they were ambushed by dirty Polish criminals. Not content with just slightly being dicks, the Poles also shot down two benign Soviet aircraft that were definitely not spotting for artillery.

Sadly the pilots took parachutes full of cutlery instead.

The planes that matter did make safe landings however, as four Tupolev transport aircraft dropped Fuchs' para company off ahead of the main force in a daring move that got about two hundred paratroops killed. All the paratroopers landed safely, but they dropped right in front of a Polish armored thrust with nothing to fight off the armor with.

In the end, about half the paratroopers lost their lives, although they took five Polish tanks with them with satchel charge attacks.

The battle was a rough fight, close quarters, as the two armies marched towards each other in the woods. Kaptain Kalkalash's Cossacks (holy fucking tongue twister) did an end around and destroyed a couple Polish squads buried deep in their back lines. Major Musti's fast tank company harassed the enemy but suffered heavy losses, loosing 9 tanks while destroying 11 of the enemy's.

Kaptain Homer Jay's cavalry had an uneventful first part of the battle, just hanging around for a couple hours doing what cavalry does, sitting in the woods looking at big hard horse cocks, before saddling up and tearing after routed Polish divisions. His squadron finished off over a dozen rifle sections, often by sword and lance.

All six 45mm AT guns under Serzhant von Mudra's command made it into battle this time, and between them accounted for one Vickers Mk. B, one armored car, and three 7TP tanks. Major LHeureux's conscripts company held a crucial bridgehead against strong enemy artillery, fighting off two Polish patrols that showed up late in the battle.

All other Soviet units played only a small part in the battle, held in reserve for the assault on a city sure to be coming in the next 2 or 3 battles. Kill of the battle goes to Starleit Jimi Hendrix's T-35 crew: two seconds after watching an infantry close assault destroy one of the other T-35s in the platoon, with only one of the 10-man crew making it out alive just to be vaporized by mortar fire, Hendrix's crew destroyed an enemy 7TP tank at 1400 meters, with an AP shot to the side of the hull. It was the 10th kill of the campaign for Hendrix's tank:

The battle was fought fiercely, and although Poland edged out the Soviet forces in the points, the difference was not enough to tip the scale either direction. The second battle ended in a draw.

The campaign is already taking a toll on the Soviet forces, and not all vehicles and divisions were able to repair and resupply before the 3rd battle, and no new vehicles could be bought :(.

Battle #3 is another Meeting Engagement against Poland.. victory comes soon..
« Last Edit: 21-12-2013, 07:12:43 by Christie.Front.Drive »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-12-2013, 09:12:22 »
Kill of the battle goes to Starleit Jimi Hendrix's T-35 crew: two seconds after watching an infantry close assault destroy one of the other T-35s in the platoon, with only one of the 10-man crew making it out alive just to be vaporized by mortar fire, Hendrix's crew destroyed an enemy 7TP tank at 1400 meters, with an AP shot to the side of the hull. It was the 10th kill of the campaign for Hendrix's tank

;D

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-12-2013, 11:12:55 »
Ey, what happens between recce scouts and their horses in the woods, stays in the woods! ;)
Great reports so far, keep them coming! Meanwhile I´m going back to inspect the erm....horses.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21-12-2013, 12:12:15 »
Once again your great storytelling, I admit, I missed it!  :)

If it's not taken, I'd take the old "three-incher", 76mm 1902 field artillery, for the glory of old Russia.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21-12-2013, 13:12:42 »
Nice one, look forward to battle #3 :D.