Author Topic: What game are you playing right now?  (Read 14869 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
What game are you playing right now?
« on: 23-06-2011, 10:06:23 »

I just finished Half-Life, I can't for the love of god remember when I played through it the last time.

We all remember the intro, what happens and all that but still, the game is so great and it still surprises me how good it is. With all the story, game play, puzzles and events.

Next stop, Half-Life: Opposing Force.

So, what are you currently playing and what's your thoughts about it?

Biiviz

Re: What game are you playing right now?
« Reply #1 on: 23-06-2011, 11:06:48 »
Pocket ping ping

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-06-2011, 11:06:40 »
World of Tanks, Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots , Bf2142  ;D
I'm more a multiplayer game person as one can see from this
And I F****** love BF2142. So much fun contained in such a simple game.

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline 9.Pz Benz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-06-2011, 11:06:19 »
9.Pz mainly plays Red Orchestra Darkest Hour these days, for ww2 fans i recommend this game. Its pretty realistic and has a very intense gameplay. Here you can check it out by yourself: http://www.darkesthourgame.com/

Last week while playing i shot a faust in a Sherman but i was to close and while it blew up i got on fire myself then i runned around on fire and screaming for another 15 sec. Even today after playing a lot of war games i was like WTF.

It is a very intense mod for Red Orchestra, good maps and recently also a good EU server to play on. 

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-06-2011, 11:06:23 »
Football Manager 2011. pretty much the only game i've played the last 8 months.

Oh yeah, i also just played through The Ballad of Gay Tony for GTA4.

I think I have to replay Mass effect 1 and 2 before ME3 is released, I want to use the same character throughout the games.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-06-2011, 12:06:58 »
Minecraft,PR,FH2,FH1,Omnicide,RO:Darkest Hour,F:NV,Ill2 Sturmovik and AAA mod,CIV4 BtS,World of Tanks and also a driving instructor game called 3d instructor...City driving mod for it would be better but i could not find a pirate ship which had it...

Minecraft: I play some adventure maps with a friend on my local server and on the FHT server i have build the harbor of the city.Its quite an enjoyable game despite the +5 creepers that will eventually ruin your mining, or the lava accidents in which you lose 3 diamonds and 10 golden ingots  :'(

PR: I am part of the Invictus Clan for PR so i play almost every night online.I absolutely love PR ofc

FH2: I haven't played for quite a while actually,as it is not as enjoyable as it was.I am eagerly waiting for 2.4 and possibly will join a campaign when i got more time in FHT.

FH1: Playing in the massive campaign of FHT "Holding the Front".I enjoy this game quite a lot now that i have gotten used to it.In the start it was just a rape for me but now i get better :)

Fallout New Vegas is a nice game but not as good as the first one...First one had me for about 2 weeks and more...This one had me for a week . I do eventually start it up and explore a bit, just like i did for the first one.

and i have already played all CODs till now,Metal Gear Solid,Metal Gear Solid 2,Metal Gear Solid 3,Metal Gear Solid 4,Rome:TW,Medieval:TW,Empire:TW,Assassins Creed,Assassins Creed 2,Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Driver parallel lines,F1 2010,C&C Generals,Just cause,Crysis,BF:Bad Company,BF Heroes,BFP4F,BF pirates,Battle group Frontlines,Operation Peacekeeper,GRID,Fallout,Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts,Far Cry 1&2,PES 2004,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 ,Silent Hunter 4&5,Medal of Honor Airborne,Act of War Direct action,Oblivion,Hitman Contracts,Hitman Blood Money,Left 4 Dead,Left 4 dead 2,Gun,Need For Speed:U1,U2,MW,Undercover,Shift, Mass Effect 2, Colin Mc Rae's Rally,4,Dirt 2,Half Life 2,Americas Army,Call of Huarez:Bound in Blood,Amnesia the Dark Descent,Grand Turismo 2,3,4,5

And many, MANY more for PS2 and PC alike than i can remember...
« Last Edit: 23-06-2011, 13:06:28 by MaJ.P.Bouras »

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-06-2011, 12:06:15 »
Playing multiple games at the moment, I rarely focus on just one game (unless it really is a good one).

I have an ongoing game as Utrecht in Europa Universalis 3: Chronicles (EU3+all expansions). The game is already on it's 4th expansion pack and I can tell you, it's worth the money. It's more like EU4 than EU3 now. The Chronicles version is on sale at GamersGate (8 euros), so I'd suggest to buy it.

Ongoing game as Colombia in Victoria 2, also a great game. Has quite a high learning curve (somewhere between EU3 and HoI3) but I personally just love the detail. Watching you economy grow, population changes, technology and whatnot. A great game for anyone interested in the 19th century.

An unfinished game as Duchy of Apulia/Kingdom of Sicily in Crusader Kings: Deus Vult. A great character driven game which creates storylines and plots almost dynamically. I'm eagerly waiting for CK2.

World of Tanks of course, I have a love/hate relationship with that game. There is no other game on the planet that makes me ragequit that often but still it leaves me craving for more.

I also bought Magicka yesterday (also on sale in GamersGate for 5 euros). A very enjoyable and fun game. Currently stuck on fighting against the druids and their tree people. Every time the battle starts my fps drops and the element buttons refuse to work correctly.

Also playing Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. A very broken game in my opinion. It just feels very boring and repetitive.

It seems I'm a bit biased on the developer/publisher line :P
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #7 on: 23-06-2011, 12:06:54 »
Please, this is not the spam the thread with game titles.

Here we mention the game or games we are playing at the current moment and also what we think about the game itself.

Running through Opposing Force at the moment, I just love how the story of Gordon Freeman and the story of Adrian Shephard just blends together.

It's like you see the same thing you did in Half-Life but with different eyes.

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:14 »
Warfare mode on Arma 2 OA, i dont even bother downloading new games for free anymore, they became way too derp for me.

Hopefully the hal life 1 fan remake is out soon so i can play HL2 + eps again.
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:54 »
Bad Company 2, COD:Black Ops for lols

AA3 and RO for realism

ETW, RTW, and MTW2 for strategy.

;D

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #10 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:40 »
Fallout NV, for some reason I have started yet another new character (and this time I will actually finish it, honest).  Also a tad of World of Tanks (but I'm currently more in rage mode with it atm).  FH2.4 is a given.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-06-2011, 13:06:33 »

I have an ongoing game as Utrecht in Europa Universalis 3: Chronicles (EU3+all expansions). The game is already on it's 4th expansion pack and I can tell you, it's worth the money. It's more like EU4 than EU3 now. The Chronicles version is on sale at GamersGate (8 euros), so I'd suggest to buy it.

Indeed, I'd definitely buy it if I could... (grr I need to get my credit card made soon - I'll need it for RO2 too)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-06-2011, 14:06:30 »
BF:BC2
I'm now trying to get all the weapons.. Now I have all assault-class weapons, next: engineer

CoD MW2
I want AK47! Too bad it I can get it on last rank.. well, i'm on rank 63/70 or something now

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-06-2011, 15:06:37 »
Assassins creed. I played it before, but quit because I found it too boring and wasn't in the mood for that kind of game then.
After playing AC2 and AC: Brotherhood, I've developed a taste for the game, enough to warrant play AC.
It's more fun knowing the background story and I will finish it this time around.

I also play games that don't revolve around teapots  ;)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #14 on: 23-06-2011, 15:06:22 »
Minecraft, Europa Barbarorum, World of Tanks and a bit of PR/FH2.

In Minecraft I play on a private server with friends, building our own big mansions, exploring mines and building our version of Las Vegas. It looks epic. I really like this game, waited a long time before buying it but damn, worth it!

Europa Barbarorum, re-installed it during the wait for Shogun 2. It's great as always. Shogun 2 turned out to be utter shit, played it half an hour and hated it. Felt like such a huge vanilla game. Too vanilla. So back to EB it was. Various campaigns but had the idea of making it all the way through the Marian reforms and in the end Augustus reforms. So that's what I tried, game is still running. Marian reforms in 157BC. Tad early for the realistic side but it was the right guy on the right place. I got Italy obviously, Cisalpine Gaul, Transalpine Gaul, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Illyria, Greece, the whole of Spain, northern Africa and a tiny bit of Asia Minor. Ptolemai are a pain though so on to expanding in Asia Minor and eastern North-Africa.

And World of Tanks is also a game I recently re-installed, pretty neat. They fixed alot of things I hated. Tried the US tank tree as I hadn't played with those. Bit disappointed, the M7 is not worth it. So now grinding the German one for a Panzer IV and the nice Schmallturm.

As for the PR/FH2, sometimes a bit with Pascucci and Alex.

But overall my gaming times decrease massively, more schoolwork and a girlfriend. Schoolwork almost over though.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."