Author Topic: Seelow Heights German Arsenal  (Read 568 times)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
Seelow Heights German Arsenal
« on: 15-11-2015, 14:11:01 »
So, we will have Tiger II, Panther, StuG III, Jagdpanzer 38(t), Jagdpanther and FW-190 - all very nice and uniform, but how about mixing the soup with some older spices? Stukas were also present, as well as BF-109s, Tiger I and late StuH 42s.

StuG and StuH in Seelow;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQw-dOX1WqM

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Seelow Heights German Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: 15-11-2015, 16:11:47 »
No, one most modern FH2 maps we like to keep the overall selection of different tanks kind off limited, for performance purposes and to give more of a difference between the maps, instead of having everything on every map.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-11-2015, 17:11:44 »
Yea what TS said sums it up. I could see maybe putting a Stuka on the map. But once you start adding in a ton of vehicles or various stuff, the map has to call on all these different textures, models, sounds etc... and the map starts to run slow.

That being said, if you spend the time to make a really cool Berlin map with a simple set of those assets and it's a quality map, no reason it couldn't be included :D

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-11-2015, 17:11:46 »
Right, understood. The Germans did have everything that could shoot in these final battles, but I understand the gameplay point of view.

The map itself looks absolutely great, and there is always the possibility to tweak the coop.. so thanks.