Author Topic: No Man's Land: Field and Forest  (Read 9780 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Re: No Man's Land: Field and Forest
« Reply #45 on: 08-01-2011, 23:01:58 »
We probably aren't up to their standards.

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-01-2011, 00:01:16 »
We probably aren't up to their standards.

The content you showed tells, that you are doing a great job

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-01-2011, 00:01:00 »
Too bad. I´d love to see NML included into FH2, like the different "Factions" in PR, where independent teams develop different armies, maps etc. and when they´re dne they´ll be included into the mod, so both sides profit from it.

Being in one of those faction dev teams (Norwegian forces) i can say tht its a pretty effective way to develop a mod. We make all our own map and statics and models and whenever we need help we can ask or borrow the rest of the other factions developers or PR devs.

Offline RoniSaysWoot

• View Profile
    • No Man's Land
« Reply #48 on: 09-01-2011, 10:01:16 »
But integrating would just mean allot of limits on the modding, we would only need to do models and maps so everything what we would like to change from the FH2 files would mean we would have to make copys from those files.

More time would of gone to renaming files than actually working on all the other projects and NML is a bit too large scale to be integrated because we are talking about a totally different war. It's nothing like in PR where they are just working on different factions what mean that most of their work only goes to weapons and maps.

But im not against the idea of integration that would only mean that it would take a bit too much time more before we could release anything and im not that sure who would do the job from our team because it isn't just dropping the files in there and it would just magically work.

Register to support No Man's Land! at: www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09-01-2011, 11:01:56 »
First off, I have no clue of the amount of work, that you do, and would have to do to to integrate it, because I am no Modder.
BUT I can predict the future. This would split up the community as some others already said.
I know, that tis would be some extra time and would cause us gamers longer to wait and also would cause you to bring much more effort into the mod, but in longterm it will pay off.
Then you will probably have a server with 64 people fighting in the trenches, but otherwise there will be around 16  :-\

Offline RoniSaysWoot

• View Profile
    • No Man's Land
« Reply #50 on: 09-01-2011, 16:01:42 »
Well there is a way to do this, but it maybe affects the fh2 a bit too much. We can make a folder calld mods inside the fh2 and make a folder calld nml in there and set all the nml zip files what is needed then have fh2 to read those files from there trhu the clientarchives.con and serverarchives.con.
That would mean nml would be a mod inside a mod and it wouldn't change anything from the actual fh2 content so when a nml map is loading the map would read the zip files from the fh2/mods/nml directory.

How this could affect in fh2 could be that it would possibly slower the map loading times because then fh2 would have allot more files to read from. But that method is really easy to make and really easy for the players to install. I haven't yet tested this method to see if it actually works 100%.

Register to support No Man's Land! at: www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09-01-2011, 16:01:16 »
Well there is a way to do this, but it maybe affects the fh2 a bit too much. We can make a folder calld mods inside the fh2 and make a folder calld nml in there and set all the nml zip files what is needed then have fh2 to read those files from there trhu the clientarchives.con and serverarchives.con.
That would mean nml would be a mod inside a mod and it wouldn't change anything from the actual fh2 content so when a nml map is loading the map would read the zip files from the fh2/mods/nml directory.

How this could affect in fh2 could be that it would possibly slower the map loading times because then fh2 would have allot more files to read from. But that method is really easy to make and really easy for the players to install. I haven't yet tested this method to see if it actually works 100%.

As long as the slowdown is minor I don't think anyone would mind. Look at the PR load times for example.
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #52 on: 09-01-2011, 16:01:57 »
I think we did have some minor problem at F|H with the addon back in time, atleast I did that after I had loaded minimod map I had to restart the game to run regular map or the game would crash
CMP Gaming

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 09-01-2011, 19:01:19 »
I noticed that it is possible to fire a gun with a bayonet. Is it also possible to stab without changing weapon (on melee weapon)?

And I like the blood on melee weapon  ;D
And obviously maps  ;)

Can you predict supposed time of release the mod?

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #54 on: 09-01-2011, 19:01:12 »
I noticed that it is possible to fire a gun with a bayonet. Is it also possible to stab without changing weapon (on melee weapon)?

And obviously maps  ;)

You have to change weapon, but there isn't any animation so it is instantanious. I think there is a key that you can tap to change to bayonet mode instantly.

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 09-01-2011, 20:01:59 »

And obviously maps  ;)

You have to change weapon, but there isn't any animation so it is instantanious. I think there is a key that you can tap to change to bayonet mode instantly.
Yep, as said Josh. Rifleman kit (which will have just rifle and bayonet) will be able to do this, one of my favourite things, because the switch is instantiously. Other classes will have it FH2 way, some will have spades, etc.

And well, the minimod will be done, when it ll be done, but well... it will be soon  :)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 10-01-2011, 17:01:36 »
Ok, thx for answers  :)

Offline Bravo3945

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12-01-2011, 05:01:05 »
GJ guys I can't wait for this mod! :D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12-01-2011, 12:01:52 »
 You guys should just get with the French Hope team.

Hell some of the maps they are working on were major battles in WW1...Somme for example.

;)

Offline Duke_Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 20-01-2011, 15:01:35 »
The battle of the Somme?
It did not know French hope was working that map.
I thougth they where making the maps, Stonne,operation Dynamo and Sedan.
Perhaps some weapons or objects can be shared. Some WWI weapons where still used in the beginning of WW2.
« Last Edit: 20-01-2011, 18:01:21 by Duke_Dutch »