Author Topic: FH 128 hosting  (Read 55623 times)

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
Re: FH 128 hosting
« Reply #315 on: 18-03-2011, 15:03:14 »
What's up with not having Siege Of Tobruk in the maplist? Should play well with moar players?

get into dah bunkah! naow!

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 18-03-2011, 16:03:25 »

How about infantry supporting the tanks, or tanks not lonewolfing into enclosed areas?

I dont know how about that, but I do know that players won't have to change their playstyle just because suddenly there are double the amount of players. We made our maps for 50-60 players. Not 120, so the maps will change to fit the numbers, it isn't the players job to design the maps.

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 18-03-2011, 17:03:48 »

How about infantry supporting the tanks, or tanks not lonewolfing into enclosed areas?

I dont know how about that, but I do know that players won't have to change their playstyle just because suddenly there are double the amount of players. We made our maps for 50-60 players. Not 120, so the maps will change to fit the numbers, it isn't the players job to design the maps.

Dont forget that people do like the new gameplay resulting in the rise of players... so its a possible waste of time and ressources to modify maps to bring back the old gameplay.

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 18-03-2011, 17:03:51 »

Dont forget that people do like the new gameplay resulting in the rise of players... so its a possible waste of time and ressources to modify maps to bring back the old gameplay.

I noticed that too.  The conversation greatly being "128 players makes maps alot more fun than 64 players because the gameplay changed"  so "lets fix 128 so it plays like 64 again."

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 18-03-2011, 18:03:13 »
I noticed that too.  The conversation greatly being "128 players makes maps alot more fun than 64 players because the gameplay changed"  so "lets fix 128 so it plays like 64 again."

Would be a big mistake to fix it. Most of the time you have player numbers between 64 and 128. If the maps would get fixed to deal 128, gameplay with 90 players will feel as empty as 64 player maps with 40 people.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 18-03-2011, 18:03:40 »

Would be a big mistake to fix it. Most of the time you have player numbers between 64 and 128. If the maps would get fixed to deal 128, gameplay with 90 players will feel as empty as 64 player maps with 40 people.

Indeed, some maps just need a few more vehicles (for example, Crete needs more planes, or faster spawning planes), and some kit loadouts need to be fixed (PHL grenade spam for example). No other fixing needed. The maps are extremely well designed and most of them can accommodate 128 players without problems.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 18-03-2011, 19:03:58 »
no they can't, there are alot of things needed to make them play like we want. Some things can be changed server side, but most of it needs a new game play layer to it.
People think it's fun and all, but they arent map/mod designers. We devs have spotted many issues with all the maps that needs correcting to make FH2 play like we want it.

The experience you have on the 128 server is like playing 32 modes with 64 people. also cool and fun, but not as we want it to be permanently

If we make real 128player game play modes or not, depends on if we will have servers running this 24/7, time will tell.
« Last Edit: 18-03-2011, 19:03:50 by Natty »

Offline hslan.Tulit

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 18-03-2011, 19:03:01 »

If we make real 128player game play modes or not, depends on if we will have servers running this 24/7, time will tell.

Yep Natty and all servers have the same 128 player support, cause nobody invest time in a 128mod for a single server. We are all at the beginning of a new journey and nobody knows the end of that.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 18-03-2011, 20:03:52 »
So if a map has 0.1 in AT rifles limit, and there are 58 players in your team, you get 5.8 ~ 6 + 1 = 7 AT rifles in that team.

Can be too many if  there are the same amount of tanks, yes. 8)

This is just one example of how our maps are not designed for 116 players.

That's how I thought.... Now driving a tank has become less pleasant than ever because of AT weapon spam...  ::)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 18-03-2011, 20:03:42 »
People think it's fun and all, but they arent map/mod designers. We devs have spotted many issues with all the maps that needs correcting to make FH2 play like we want it.

You will kill it.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 18-03-2011, 20:03:43 »

You will kill it.
Yeah, imagine if the devs made FH2. Damn that mod would suck so much.

Keep the devs out of my FH2!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 18-03-2011, 20:03:39 »
Well, well I'm sure they can see the flaws in THEIR game better than us... But still... don't make it the same as before (sitting in a half empty desert is... how should I say... a bit boring  :P)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 18-03-2011, 21:03:17 »
The gameplay needs work for 128 players, period, anyone who doesn't think there needs to be changes doesn't really know what they are talking about. First thing being flag zone size! 20 people dashing towards a 5m flag zone just looks stupid.
« Last Edit: 18-03-2011, 21:03:00 by Vicious »
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 19-03-2011, 03:03:50 »
Something needs to be done, but, the 128 players offers a new dimension to possibilities and we shouldn't be thinking in the old 64 way.

The old 64 is "get the action going", but in 128, staging a massive attack is something what 64 cannot offer (and that's what everyone liked) - what the devs should do is to get that massive attack going smooth (larger flag zone for instance) instead of having awkward grenade spamfest at flagzones.

Adding flags is simply unnecessary, and most maps do not need an increase in vehicle amounts, for example: crete is something that needs a little bit of work (adding Ju, less TK on airfield) but the original map is too big for 64 anyway.

Maps like Alam Halfa hardly need any modification.

One thing that must be done is please limit the grenades, the rifleman should be somehow limited in some maps so the SL would be using the SL kit, and a guy would be using the MG kit, and that is 2 less grenades (and 2+ less riflegrenades). And scout kit should be somewhat limited as well so there aren't insane spam of smoke. The limitation should hardly be noticed if a team don't go extreme in nadespam.

If the 128 code is somehow released, there should be consideration of introducing more alternate weapons for spawn, let's say a sapper loadout for engineers in the desert.

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 19-03-2011, 08:03:31 »
what the devs should do is to

Actually,what the Devs should do,is to make a minimod for the 128 player server
It is the only way to have 64 & 128 player maps/mods running as desired for each player size server
As what works on a 64 player server,in many cases is not suitable for a 128 player server and vice versa
The best of both worlds