Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 25th October 2009: The Mickey Mouse Club  (Read 28520 times)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
Wehey!! Another update! Goodjob Darren01!
Things are looking good!!

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
Jeah, i realy like the Bedford Truck, looks great. Is he switched to all the britsh Maps in the Patch?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Awesome Update:-)

Im almost sure the only way to move the Flak gun is the same way you curently can move som off the ingame AT guns like Paks / 6 Pounders.

Offcause i can be wrong. even as Betatesters we doo get suprised alot;-) about the magic that happens.

Yer, but that will just look wierd... cuz those 3guys in SPR seemed to have a hard time pushing the dang thing and they were standing... Kneeling and sliding will just feel wrong on so many levels... It might be time conisder a new animation for this one... Or for that matter for most AT guns (Same animation) -

And I think the leg this should be permissible - yuo move your legs when you swivel a trck mounted mg and that's not half as important as hauling an AT or AA... Unlike Fh1, I don't think the model needs to be in constant motion whether or not the gun is moving

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
And I think the leg this should be permissible - yuo move your legs when you swivel a trck mounted mg and that's not half as important as hauling an AT or AA... Unlike Fh1, I don't think the model needs to be in constant motion whether or not the gun is moving

Sure, but this is a standard  BF2 feature of the Soldier Models. Iirc you would have to redo the entire Playermodel to animate that bit and I'm not sure that is even possible or even feasible.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Why do you need to redo the entire model... Isn't it just one animation for each of the models.. ie. Brithsh, Canadian American and German - Doubt the Italians will ever need animation unless you consider AT guns

ie. a model holdng the gun in a leaned position which moves its legs when in motion? Maybe, I'm not seeing the full picture

But with that huge thing at the back that isn't absolutely neccesary (Since the one in the refs dont have it), I'm begining to believe or WANT to beleive that its tow-able...

devs? BTs? Anyone?

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
Why do you need to redo the entire model... Isn't it just one animation for each of the models.. ie. Brithsh, Canadian American and German - Doubt the Italians will ever need animation unless you consider AT guns

ie. a model holdng the gun in a leaned position which moves its legs when in motion? Maybe, I'm not seeing the full picture

But with that huge thing at the back that isn't absolutely neccesary (Since the one in the refs dont have it), I'm begining to believe or WANT to beleive that its tow-able...

devs? BTs? Anyone?

lalalala it is towable...not listening to you
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
lalalala it is towable...not listening to you

Dude, don't play with my emotions like that - cuz if this is true, I'd say, roll-over lafette tripod... Major change in FH2 gameplay.... I DID hear once upon a time that it was a system that once existed in Beta tests before 2.0 came out.. Or maybe I heard wrong

« Last Edit: 26-10-2009, 14:10:51 by djinn »

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
Nice looking stuff.

Offline hamm0ck

• [DenLedeFi]
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
Nice update, I especially like the crusader tank!  :)

”Den lede fienden” = Den onde fienden / The evil enemy

[DLF] REKRYTERAR! denledefi.se

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
And the now for the weather report:

The sky above Totalize remains sunny and clear of all planes. Thanks to a low pressure AA front moving in from the south.

I say bring it FW190 !!  ;D

Great update guys.

Wouldn't it be from the north since that's where the Canadian main is?

Fixed  ;D

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Adee

• ingame: pl AdeQ-187
    • View Profile
Nice update :)

Did anyone notice that there's a Ste Mere Eglise map set on dev's server? Paratroopers, maybe we will see new skins for them soon  ;)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Lies, all lies!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile

Did anyone notice that there's a Ste Mere Eglise map set on dev's server? Paratroopers, maybe we will see new skins for them soon  ;)
Like the the st-lo breakthrough I saw yesterday (it's why I have make the topic about napalm :P)

azreal

oh I'm sorry. Now I must call in the black helicopters on you. And such a shame, cause we liked you so much.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
You guys work in shifts when you lurk the server or is it just a full-time job?  ;D