Author Topic: DOWNLOAD LINKS - Post-release bug fixes for SP/Coop  (Read 85771 times)

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
Re: DOWNLOAD LINKS - SP/Co-op Mini-mod and Maps
« Reply #45 on: 14-07-2010, 00:07:14 »
...I already have BF2 installed and running the 1.41 patch. I play AIX 2.0, witch requires it...
AIX =  8)

If you have enough room on your hard drive, I'd suggest copying the 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2' folder and rename it (this will be your BF2 1.41 folder). Then you can install the 1.5 patch and it will only patch the Battlefield 2 folder, not the copy.

You'll also have to edit the 'Target' and 'Start in...' lines in your AIX (and BF2SPCC if you use it) desktop shortcut's Properties, e.g: Target: 'C:\Program Files\EA Games\(new folder name)\...'

Yeah I have 3 2TB hard drives. :P I don't think I will do the 1.5 Patch. I don't want anything that will ruin my AIX 2.0 game. Some say it will work, and other say it don't. I am not willing to take that chance. I just want to be able to play some single player games for now.  :)  

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14-07-2010, 10:07:30 »
Yeah I have 3 2TB hard drives...
*whistles* That's a lot of space to fill... :)

Trust me, it works, I've done it a few times. In my 'C:\Program Files\EA Games' folder, I have 2 folders: Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 v1.41.

Battlefield 2 is for FH2 (online and offline) and occasionally playing vanilla BF2 online.

Battlefield 2 v1.41 is for AIX, POE2, XWW2, etc. Basically it's for all my SP mods.

One other thing you might want to do, if you decide to do it, is to remove AIX from your Battlefield 2 (1.5) folder. Just go into the folder and run 'AIXuninstaller'. It's your call though... :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14-07-2010, 10:07:13 »
I totally agree... Allows me to update the AI patch with ease without the fear that I need to reinstall if things go up the spout

AND, in the rare occasions I decide to play online, I simply need to switch FH (with Drawde's) to FH SP, and change the FH MP to the FH and my FH shortcut works to that end... easy as pie

Besides, you wanna have your cake and eat it? You get the commander Arty (With all its flaws for snipers and base cappers.. you'll find out when you see it), and the 1.5 patch on the other side..

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15-07-2010, 20:07:16 »
Yeah I have 3 2TB hard drives...
*whistles* That's a lot of space to fill... :)

Trust me, it works, I've done it a few times. In my 'C:\Program Files\EA Games' folder, I have 2 folders: Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2 v1.41.

Battlefield 2 is for FH2 (online and offline) and occasionally playing vanilla BF2 online.

Battlefield 2 v1.41 is for AIX, POE2, XWW2, etc. Basically it's for all my SP mods.

One other thing you might want to do, if you decide to do it, is to remove AIX from your Battlefield 2 (1.5) folder. Just go into the folder and run 'AIXuninstaller'. It's your call though... :)

Well got the the full version of 2.26 done. So far everything works fine. However, there are a couple of maps that CTD in the middle of playing them.  Kind of disappointed that most of the maps don't have tanks in them.  :-[ And all the good maps are multi-player maps.  ???  Like a Tiger Tank to be specific. Seems to be the dev's are leaning more for multi players, rather making it equal. One of the things I like about AIX 2.0. But that's just my opinion.  ;D

Never the less, I am having fun with it.  :D Time to get some beer and get the other 7 PC's hooked up for a LAN Party on Friday.  8)

Thanks for all your help. I'll drink a Fosters just for you.  :P

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16-07-2010, 09:07:57 »
...Thanks for all your help. I'll drink a Fosters just for you.  :P
No worries mate... :)

For the most part, the FH2 dev team have little to no interest in SP, that's why it's in the state it's in and why the latest maps/vehicles aren't nav-meshed/coded for AI.

Also there's only ever a couple of people working on SP, and there's a fair bit of work involved nav-meshing/editing maps. As such, SP will always be a step behind MP.

There's a Tiger on Goodwood (at Axis main, not a KT though)... ;)

AIX is where I go when the FH2 bots frustrate me. More maps than you can poke a stick at and the bots do what they're told... ;D

Oh, and if you're gonna have a beer for me, make it a VB (I don't know anyone who drinks Fosters)... :)

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16-07-2010, 10:07:47 »
More maps than you can poke a stick at and the bots do what they're told... ;D

Cough,cough,try getting a bot in a land vehicle ,to stop for you when you ask for a ride
Over 1000 hours of AIX/AIX2 ,and it aint happened for me yet
Very annoying

Offline HvyMetal

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16-07-2010, 19:07:36 »
Oh, and if you're gonna have a beer for me, make it a VB (I don't know anyone who drinks Fosters)... Smiley

I just so happens, I have some VB in the fridge right now.  ;D ;D :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 16-07-2010, 21:07:52 »
More maps than you can poke a stick at and the bots do what they're told... ;D

Cough,cough,try getting a bot in a land vehicle ,to stop for you when you ask for a ride
Very annoying

We'll get FH bots to do all that soon enough.. just you watch.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18-07-2010, 10:07:55 »
Very annoying
Really? I can't recall a tank or APC ever waiting for me, but I know I've gotten bots in buggys/Humvees to stop. Just trying to remember what level it was... :-\

Granted, they don't always stop, and when they do they don't wait long.

I'm gonna start sounding like a broken record soon, but all I want them to do is get in and then GTFO when I tell them to... :)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18-07-2010, 12:07:56 »
I am currently trying to get bots to understand the Commo Rose. Up to now bots understand the following commands: Request new order, Move, Attack, Defend, Follow me + they acknowledge with a Roger or Negative

I am looking at both vanilla BF2 and AIX2 files.....the problem that I am encountering is that for FH2 developers changed some commands e.g. Request Pick up, get in and bail out
In vbf2 and Aix these commands are in the Standard commo rose while in FH2 they are in the Squad's comm rose.  ???

I am not proficient in coding so it feels really difficult to understand what goes where. I already ruined the FH2 commands more than once (thank god for backups)

Will keep you posted.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18-07-2010, 13:07:30 »
hmmm... Now this one is crazy... But perhaps if the devs permit us to customize SP a bit, like we did for the Stuka, we can actually revert the commo-rose back to Vanilla's. I once had this idea of using both right and left-click to get as many options in. I could try and clean this idea up, but it would probably go better with what you are doing, Raziel... And heck, it should do wondrs for having bots shouting across orders, and maybe even taunts....

But the snag is, we would need someone who can actually look at the design of the Vanilla one, or PR would do (Since it has the left-right click options for its COOP) and revert this one....

Like I said, a crazy idea...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 27-07-2010, 12:07:42 »
Updated my DL files to have Goodwood with both Drawde's custom artillery and the Tiger II... Anyone interested, check out the DL link
http://www.filefront.com/user/mydjinny

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 27-07-2010, 23:07:34 »
Updated my DL files to have Goodwood with both Drawde's custom artillery and the Tiger II... Anyone interested, check out the DL link
http://www.filefront.com/user/mydjinny

Thanks for this, but where I should put the GamePlayObject.con ?? I know that it's in FH2/levels/operation_goodwood but in wich gamemodes ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28-07-2010, 00:07:49 »
Operation Goodwood folder/Server.ZIP/Gamemodes/COOP or SP3 depending on which you want to change/64

there replace the GameplayObjects.con with this one

All it adds is the King Tiger and removes the Tiger. Remick, CanonFodder, the devs or Drawde already switched the colour of the Panthers so nothing new there....

Offline lemonwire

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 04-08-2010, 10:08:57 »
Hi guys, great work you guys are all doing here for single player, I love seeing the Bots howitzer my ass to bits and all the other million little changes to improve the AI.

However, I have an issue with Operation Cobra provided by the OP, I'm unable to cap the first flag (farmhouse) on cobra as the Americans. I'd have 10 US bots on the flag just waiting, it greys out but never becomes capped, I've noticed it happen once or twice on Operation Goodwood from time to time but not as frequent.

I'm using Drawde's 1.3b AI mini mod.

Is anyone sharing the same experience or has a solution?
« Last Edit: 04-08-2010, 10:08:01 by lemonwire »